Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. When are the reforge bot shops going to die?

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 18, 2017
    pretty sure the 'teleporting elephants' are just people with level 20 commerce speed reforged outfits. The mount goes too fast for your client to register so it appears like it's teleporting, but it's not a bot. I don't think it's possible to even bot commerce
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    edited April 18, 2017
    Here I'll elaborate on this a bit.
    1. It's just one person I've seen this happen with although there is literally no one riding it which is amusing.
    2. The elephant moves at base speed. My commerce reforged/fleet shoes allow me to zip past it easily, but it literally teleports 20 yards or so ahead of me every few seconds.
    3. There is no dismounting at trade tents when you turn in resources. It just moves on.
    4. It's not just a specific area. I've noticed it today at various commerce spots.
    5. For limited items it buys exactly 564 lovely pots when they restock ( I dunno why but it does) and I didn't even see it purchase stuff until I left tir and it suddenly showed up.
    6. There is no real way to report this because you literally can't see a name riding it or stopping at trade spots.
    There are working things for commerce. Nice try though.
    Edit:
    it's not exclusive to elephant either. In some cases cart is used and the same thing is seen. No person. Teleports forward every couple seconds.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    ShouK wrote: »
    havnt noticed them but if alot of them are constantly restocking then ya. seems they do have a lot of business from garbage players.

because really if you have to spend $100 or whatever bucks on reforges chances are your pretty darn bad at the game needing to Compensate for your lack of skill via P2W.

what funny is ive been playing for years and have not spent a dime on reforges and 95% of my power comes from my stats ive built up over the years and i do as good if not better then the people buying reforges left and right.
    Way to generalise. You have been playing for years. Years. Meaning you basically said it's taking years to get to where you are now. Some people just want to take a shortcut because they have some extra money or whatever. It's their money. Why do you even care? Naw, if it's those players that's like having R1 in life skills without ever touching them and having OP gear despite just joined Mabi and bragged and degraded other players, I can understand. However, there do exist people who don't have the luxury to spend all their time on Mabi and decided to just P2W. As they say, time is money.

im sorry but People replying on P2W are typically trash players without them. and uhh no. just because your new doesn't mean you should be given a shortcut for cash. you want to make it to where me and many others are? your going need to work for it. same as us. you should not be given powerful gear or a 10k Lvl Char just because you spent X amount of cash. Thats a massive NONO. im fine with the increased gain from ingame resources such as potential, daily rebirth, ect as a new player. but Real life cash should stay out of the power gaining process.

i use reforges from events. but if they disappeared overnight i wouldn't be upset about it in fact id rather be happy as that means everyone needs to rely on their skill and hard work and not "Haha i beat you because i spend $50 to have my FH recharge in 20 secs, while yours takes 5 mins. Suck it" a bit exaggerated but you get the idea.

Microtransactions should have no part in Power gain Period. i wouldn't feel bad for anyone who Bought reforges if all their Reforges just Up and vanished. no matter how much you spent. its what you get for feeding into Power creep and all the stupid needless nerfs to our chars to compensate. such as the dungeon revamp where they upped all the HP and Damage to enemies in all difficulty of dungeons. (i know what your going say, Blah blah its a buff to them not a nerf to us Blah blah) i dont care it wasn't needed AT ALL.

and if people dont have the time to work on skills or towards this stuff. WHY ARE THEY PLAYING A MMORPG THAT RELIES HEAVILY ON GRINDING? Its like the Rabid Destiny fanbase crying about how having to grind for X Gun or X Light Lvl is boring or dont have the time to do it. then why are you playing this game?

Mabi i can understand for it also being a very Social game as well but please dont come at me with "But i dont have time to grind months on end to get my Combat to Master talent" then stick to social. i dont care if you dont have the time. you willingly joined knowing the game is grindy. you have no right to complain.
  • SackLunchSackLunch
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I am a real person. I sell fines and crednes. They are 500k and 1.5m respectively. I am not a bot. I use my main account but not my main character to avoid constant notes when not in market. I am afk when my shop is open. Still not a bot though. This is just how I find my main character.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    This is how i see the problem

Status of conflict:
    - is a bot
    - May be related to same people doing shadow missions for gold
    - buying nx items to sell cheaper
    - taking up space on ch 1 belvest market
    - logging on more then once at the same time

Status of free ability to do in game:
    -obtain gold from shadow missions
    -take up space in belvest ch 1 market
    -sell nx items cheaper

What will change if we tell mabinogi staff to act apon this:
    -bots will not be removed
    -gold in shadow missions will be reduced to nothing (free content)
    -bots will not be removed

What it may lead to:
    -people will find reduced gold still of value so 1mil will be the same value as 100k, and all this will be unaffected.
    -people cant revalue the low amount of gold, nexon loses nx buyers, and nx items will raise in ridiculous prices people cant afford in a free content like way, and will need to buy them
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 14, 2017
    SackLunch wrote: »
    I am a real person. I sell fines and crednes. They are 500k and 1.5m respectively. I am not a bot. I use my main account but not my main character to avoid constant notes when not in market. I am afk when my shop is open. Still not a bot though. This is just how I find my main character.

Somehow I don't think you're the person they're referring to, who is selling them for a bit less. (395k I think?)

Reforges (and other 1-trade items) are kind of a tough thing for the market to regulate because they are impossible to resell. Basically means the player can sell them at any price they want and not have to worry about scalpers. In the past I would sell them because they were an easy source of income if I needed gold in a pinch.

If this is a player spending their own money, more power to 'em. If it's one of those gold-bots, it needs to be taken care of. But that said...

395k x 35 = 13,825,000

So $40 gets you almost 14 mil, which is the price range most players offer to buy these things in bulk anyway.

The gold bots sell a few million for a couple bucks these days... If this were the gold bots, there would be a loss, not a profit.

To be clear, I don't think there's any free NX exploits. I wouldn't rule out stolen accounts/credit cards, but I don't remember any players complaining about sudden intrusions of their steam accounts or anything.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    what i find weird out of all of this is, obviously their is visuall nx payments happening just by seeing these shops open, but we dont see is, is a lot of invested content to the players these past few months.
    you think w/ this we get content faster, good non afk simplistic events faster, but all i see is mostly renewed old events....and tons of new stuff coming into KR.

But this is a great opportunity to invest in the game fixes and getting the player base back up.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Now, where's our Mysterious Reforge Tool at Ducat shop?
    Why did Nexon take that thing away? :(

Only if that thing was actually in Ducat shop, even free players would get some partial win as well.
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Burden of proof is on the Accuser, not the Defendant. And thus far I have seen no proof from those reforge shops are bots. No proof is duplicity, or cheating. Due to lack of evidence the case is dismissed on grounds of lack of evidence.

Honestly this sounds like a classic case of a F2Player hating on the very people who fund the game so it can be free in the first place. It also sounds like the person is salty that the free market economy has decided the value of the goods he peddles is worth less now.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    When will conflict bots die.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 15, 2017
    SirRyu wrote: »
    This feels like someone wants to sell reforges for 700k+ and is angry the price is stuck at 300-400k.

Pretty much.

And I am sure as I assumed earlier, you are using a secondary device connected to your modem right? Kind of like my set up in my room. I have my PC and my laptop connected to the modem.

Lets please stop with the bots accusations. It really is easy to connect multiple devices to your internet. If I wanted to, I could direct connect 2 more devices to my modem and have a total of 4 shops out in the market just to prove a point. I could get all my junk sold quicker and shiest prices to my bidding across alts.

I could. Hmm... :p

*purchases a couple RCA Cambios*

They are seriously cheap and with some tweaking you can make them run half decent. You can find them for less than a 100 bucks these days. Ethernet cables are 5-10 bucks. Totally possible without using botting software especially if you have cable internet.

Officially, I am not condoning this. I'm just saying you guys are wearing more tin foil than me.
    ArchdukeValeCortezPolicroma
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 14, 2017
    ShouK wrote: »
    havnt noticed them but if alot of them are constantly restocking then ya. seems they do have a lot of business from garbage players.

because really if you have to spend $100 or whatever bucks on reforges chances are your pretty darn bad at the game needing to Compensate for your lack of skill via P2W.

what funny is ive been playing for years and have not spent a dime on reforges and 95% of my power comes from my stats ive built up over the years and i do as good if not better then the people buying reforges left and right.
    Way to generalise. You have been playing for years. Years. Meaning you basically said it's taking years to get to where you are now. Some people just want to take a shortcut because they have some extra money or whatever. It's their money. Why do you even care? Naw, if it's those players that's like having R1 in life skills without ever touching them and having OP gear despite just joined Mabi and bragged and degraded other players, I can understand. However, there do exist people who don't have the luxury to spend all their time on Mabi and decided to just P2W. As they say, time is money.

All it does is diminish all those years of playing for a couple hundred dollars upfront. It is the virtual equivalent of buying your way into a respectable university versus all those that had to grind scholarships to do so, which may be even more infuriating when said student bribe teachers for grades, not to mention discouraging. It is effortless and thus, lazy. Just as one could say one need not be jealous of players who bought, it can also be said that one needs not envy the stats of those who are consummate veterans. In essence, why would not you want to stay around and play the game? Add in the respective power difference (God forbid you make paid players substantially more powerful than free players in any game) and people will likely be driven away, past and present. Why would they? Their efforts are clearly not being respected in any form when new players can surpass it easily enough and within a few days with cash shop bonuses, especially if the game is advertised as rewarding you for your efforts in playing the game.

It can be said that the point of most games is to progress, and what fun is there when hard work is surpassed by cash in time and effectiveness? This is reminiscent of the Twilight Zone episode "A Nice Place to Visit", where a man is punished for all eternity by giving him everything he wanted without any effort, except the possibility of a challenge, and thus boring him to (un)death. And that is the most dangerous thing. Having players buy their way and be eventually bored. You could say that the endgame is the most fun, but it seems more conclusive of a problem with the game itself, be it level friendly activities or a much needed speed boost. Personally, it should never be resolved on a cash by case basis. In fact, besides veterans, cash shop bought power has also greatly driven players away, especially costly ones at that.

One of the worst things about Massive Multiplayers has always been a balance between cash shops and the actual game.

So in essence, play the game. Contributing to a system that will just as quickly destroy your desire to play, and thus the game itself, is no different than the boredom experience by leveling up slowly, other than perhaps some undeserved sense of pride.

In anyway, equality of stats time should not be the answer, but an acceptable standard of gameplay opportunities with equality in such opportunities. Forcing equality, especially in results, without an acceptable means of attaining them, just sucks big time.
  • AceDotAceDot
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Just so you know. There are accounts that are "promo accounts" from what i've heard. I'm not too sure how they operate but they do make money off this game from just buying and selling fine reforges.

I think it might be that they get cheaper NX rates or something like that.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    AceDot wrote: »
    Just so you know. There are accounts that are "promo accounts" from what i've heard. I'm not too sure how they operate but they do make money off this game from just buying and selling fine reforges.

I think they advertise Mabinogi and various other games for additional benefits, but I am not sure Mabinogi has that program going on.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 15, 2017

Do you have any concrete references for that statement?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670

I have played Mabi for nearly six years now and not once have I ever heard of anything like this. Please provide your sources to this. :|
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Policroma wrote: »

Somehow I don't think you're the person they're referring to, who is selling them for a bit less. (395k I think?)

Reforges (and other 1-trade items) are kind of a tough thing for the market to regulate because they are impossible to resell. Basically means the player can sell them at any price they want and not have to worry about scalpers. In the past I would sell them because they were an easy source of income if I needed gold in a pinch.

If this is a player spending their own money, more power to 'em. If it's one of those gold-bots, it needs to be taken care of. But that said...

395k x 35 = 13,825,000

So $40 gets you almost 14 mil, which is the price range most players offer to buy these things in bulk anyway.

The gold bots sell a few million for a couple bucks these days... If this were the gold bots, there would be a loss, not a profit.

To be clear, I don't think there's any free NX exploits. I wouldn't rule out stolen accounts/credit cards, but I don't remember any players complaining about sudden intrusions of their steam accounts or anything.

14mil
    1mil/5 dollars
    14x5 = 70 Dollars (dunby gold bots)

idk they making nearly double if anyone is dumb enough to buy gold from them.