Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is everything back?

ZerukanZerukan
Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
edited December 21, 2016 in Town Square
Is the forum back or are we all dead?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    o/

What do you mean by dead?
    As in from the maintenance?
    I just want to know what it was for.
    Nothing new seems to be added.. I think..
    My attention span is very bad.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    edited December 21, 2016

o/

Nothing was added except for some added security measures. It's the Maplestory forums fault we had a maintenance in the first place. Quote from OneLetter:
    The Issue:
    As some observed during the morning of Dec 21st on MapleStory’s forums, content that had not actually been posted by a member of Nexon appeared under an employee’s name. We’ve removed some malicious HTML tags that allowed this to occur, and some users may have observed anomalies regarding the Private Message system.

From our investigation, those responsible for the exploit were not able to gather direct user details or passwords. However, we always recommend updating your passwords regularly, and not using the same password across multiple websites.

Our response:
    Once able to determine the specific issue(s), we took all of our Nexon game forums offline to investigate and correct the issue. During that time, we put in some additional safeguards as well. We also rolled back the MapleStory forums to a period before the exploit began, so some posts from yesterday evening or overnight may have been removed.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Zerul said:

o/

Nothing was added except for some added security measures. It's the Maplestory forums fault we had a maintenance in the first place. Quote from OneLetter:
    The Issue:
    As some observed during the morning of Dec 21st on MapleStory’s forums, content that had not actually been posted by a member of Nexon appeared under an employee’s name. We’ve removed some malicious HTML tags that allowed this to occur, and some users may have observed anomalies regarding the Private Message system.

From our investigation, those responsible for the exploit were not able to gather direct user details or passwords. However, we always recommend updating your passwords regularly, and not using the same password across multiple websites.

Our response:
    Once able to determine the specific issue(s), we took all of our Nexon game forums offline to investigate and correct the issue. During that time, we put in some additional safeguards as well. We also rolled back the MapleStory forums to a period before the exploit began, so some posts from yesterday evening or overnight may have been removed.

Okay, so from what I understand, somebody or something posted under an admins name?
    Honestly I can't even wrap my brain around how on earth it's possible to do that.
  • ZerukanZerukan

Zerul said:

o/

The Issue:

Our response:

Okay, so from what I understand, somebody or something posted under an admins name?
    Honestly I can't even wrap my brain around how on earth it's possible to do that.

Yeah someone managed (hacked) the PMs with a "Blank Message" and then their PMs became inaccessible. Then they somehow gained access to OneLetter's (Nexon guy) account and KThxBaiNao's (their former CM)

Weird how they managed to do it, but I find it funny it happened to MapleStory.

• SherriSherri
    I've noticed a LOT of people end up hating on MapleStory. A lot of reasons I guess are understandable, but that's waaay too far. >.>
    I don't know about you, but I think it's not that bad.
    I guess they ran through the other forums to make sure nothing happens to them?
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    <3

any one else super bored when they poofed?
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Was hoping the old ones would have returned as I miss custom avatars :(
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited December 21, 2016
    @Splatulated I was super bored!!!

@Lidiya I also miss the old forums, the first thing I checked when these were up is if we could upload our own pics.
  • SherriSherri
    Something tells me that we won't be getting that option back.
    Either way, I'm fine with it.
    I like my avatar being Fleta.
    I just want to know if changing our username will ever become optional.
    (As I've had mine for a good four years now)
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765

@AlisiaAnnieSparkle You can change your username in your profile, just click Edit Profile and pick a new name!

This can only be done once every 6 months however.

• SherriSherri
    Korore
    Korore said:

@AlisiaAnnieSparkle You can change your username in your profile, just click Edit Profile and pick a new name!

Hm.. I never knew that. Well, I have but every time I attempt to, it says "You can not update forum name at this time."
    I've kept this username for four years now, I don't see how I can't lol

Also, thanks for the reply on that question. image
  • KororeKorore

Korore
    Korore said:

Hm.. I never knew that. Well, I have but every time I attempt to, it says "You can not update forum name at this time."

That message will appear if you're trying to take a reserved name or an already in-use name I believe.
  • SherriSherri
    Korore
    Korore said:

Korore
    Korore said:

That message will appear if you're trying to take a reserved name or an already in-use name I believe.
    Oooh okay. Can't believe somebody already chose the name Meyling. Hm oh well haha
    Thanks for the help, I'll try some other names I've used in the past
    Also sorry if this kinda.. er.. drove this thread off track ^^' Didn't mean to
  • KororeKorore

Korore
    Korore said:

Korore
    Korore said:

Oooh okay. Can't believe somebody already chose the name Meyling. Hm oh well haha
    Thanks for the help, I'll try some other names I've used in the past
    Also sorry if this kinda.. er.. drove this thread off track ^^' Didn't mean to
    No worries! Hope you can find a nice name to use!!
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Thanks! Hope everyone still knows it's me, nothing pops out saying "THIS PERSON WAS THAT ONE OVER THERE"

But more on topic to this, I'm derailing it more. o_O
    I'm glad that the forums are back up too. I honestly was bored from not being able to post anything ehehehe ^u^