Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dark skinned elves?

bubafatboybubafatboy
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
Came back from a pretty big hiatus (3+ years) and i was wondering if they added some item or feature that would give elves darker skin. Would love to play that perfect caramel elf ^-^

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited May 16, 2017
    Sadly there is no dark skin tones for elves. People have been begging though.. But that gets us nowhere it seems.
    TwelieZeoTheLordofNyrinKaiwyth
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    No kiddin'! We NEED NEED NEED!!!!!! Dark skin tones for elves!
    Zeo
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    No kiddin'! We NEED NEED NEED!!!!!! Dark elves!

FTFY
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Cy4wl-3VEAAJwov.jpg

Elves were tan all along.
    LostLinksHarukariFilthyRedDevilpawcalypsenerrithTheLordofNyrinKaiwyth
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Probably because they were using Pumpkin crown... it's the closest thing we can use to having a natural tan/dark skintones...

C'mon DevCat though, I have been waiting for 8 years to finally get our dark skintone options... it's triggering enough that we finally get the black hair (while humans and giants got our ice blue hair color option) in 2014 but nothing for the dark skintones and it's 2017.

ekjiw5.jpg
  • PreciousWolfPreciousWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    It really makes completely no sense that they havent yet. Its completely stupid that we never got this option to begin with.
    Its always been odd for me seeing all my human and giant characters dark skinned (black) then in the middle of them is my light skinned elf who is actually my main character.

Tho since Iv been playing my elf since elves and giants first came out suddenly making my character black would be kinda odd so cant say Id do it the second the option came out but its still feel great to at least have that option.
    WolfandWolfTheLordofNyrin
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 17, 2017
    Honestly...While I'm happy they gave us the ability to make elves have black hair (they haven't taken that away yet, have they?) I'm positively confused why they haven't given us the ability to let our elves have darker skin tones. How hard could it possibly be to add more skin colors? It's basically just a re-skin of an existing sprite, and they've already proven that they're more than capable of doing that for PETS.
    Prezzix
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Inb4 someone mentions lore, without a real knowledge of said lore. Which never explicitly mentioned dark skinned elves, but rather the nonexistence of elven NPCs who are dark skinned throughout Iria and Uladh. Yet we never knew the existence of the first milletian AKA Shakespeare, the centuries old Alban Knights, Rabbie Phantasm, Pounalbroune, etc, till their updates, despite them having origins predating generation 1. That being said, just because you have not seen it, does mean they do not exist, or should not exist. This is called updating, and sticking to a fundamentalist interpretation is completely nonsensical.

Even so, consider the issue of player convenience versus lore, and tell me, which is more important for the game in general?
    ZeoTheLordofNyrin
  • GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
  • IcezeroIcezero
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I WANNA BE A BEAUTIFUL CARAMEL ELF NEXON :c
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 17, 2017
    Gormandize wrote: »

Omg how...
    Icezero wrote: »
    I WANNA BE A BEAUTIFUL CARAMEL ELF NEXON :c

I want to be able to get that brown-grayish skintone that humans and giants have then I'd be really happy.

...-sneak in a suggestion thread asking to have those skintone options-
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    gate_yao_anime.jpg

Dark skinned elves are a gift from god and they're denying it to us.
    WolfandWolfHawkleafZeoRadiant DawnPrezzixTheLordofNyrin
  • GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Zeo wrote: »
    Gormandize wrote: »

Omg how...

From a Different Game...

(No idea how to quote)
  • KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810

You want, not need, huge difference.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    The closest thing to dark skinned is purple from the bat crown
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Kimberly wrote: »

You want, not need, huge difference.

No need to be so pedantic. In this context it is probably a hyperbole.
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    i tweeted out once to sabina cause i saw one standing around
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    So... what's the big deal with dark skinned elves?
    Greta
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Dcat682 wrote: »
    So... what's the big deal with dark skinned elves?

some of us are dark skinned irl and would like our characters to reflect that, all the while being able to use the race (elves) we would like to use....at least thats my reason lol
    Radiant DawnPrezzixZeo
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    edited May 17, 2017
    Makes sense.
    I wonder if the reason they're none are because Nexon originally wanted the characters to be seperated by race for emersion. Though geographically elves should be the darker skinned race because they are from a harsher desert like environment.
    You know... I think I'm overthinking this now.

Edit: Oops, just realized how racist that sounded. Without expanding on my topic xD
    Zeo