Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What pets should be level 200 and why?

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Help
everyone says lento and bone dragon

then a few say fallen faerie

its really confusing

and if you dont have nay of those what do you make level 200 from there?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Pets with good stats and stat growth?
    Bone Dragon and Fallen Fairy have high strength and strength growth.
    Lento has a lot of HP and Physical Protection so he makes a good tank.

And basically, it's all for the big Divine Link boosts.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Fallen Fairy, Imp Scooter 1st priority I believe.
    Then maybe bone dragon and such.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Imp scooter is nice for its passive aoe effect and better prot than fallen fairy
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    edited May 16, 2017
    Honestly i think fallen fairy is a 2nd tier pet to DL since it has low protection which matters alot. Cloud(50)/Scooter(20)/Lento(20)/Gio(20) are superior to others since they have high protection as well as a buff/debuff on summon + stun(protection in parentheses). Fallen fairy is just preference I guess. Circus sheeps/Suave sheeps are decent too since they have 25 protection but the downside is that they are slow without mounting them which is a bit of a turnoff. They also have a lower hp pool than scooter/gio.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    This is just me personally but I really like using my Tuan for the extra music buff duration, plus it's active ability is a decent budget CC.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Honestly i think fallen fairy is a 2nd tier pet to DL since it has low protection which matters alot. Cloud(50)/Scooter(20)/Lento(20)/Gio(50) are superior to others since they have high protection as well as a buff/debuff on summon + stun(protection in parentheses). Fallen fairy is just preference I guess. Circus sheeps/Suave sheeps are decent too since they have 25 protection but the downside is that they are slow without mounting them which is a bit of a turnoff. They also have a lower hp pool than scooter/gio.

wait what other differences does a gio have from a lento? and if a gio has higher protection why do people say to level the lento?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This needs to be in Help category lol.
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    edited May 16, 2017
    wait what other differences does a gio have from a lento? and if a gio has higher protection why do people say to level the lento?

Whoops, mistake on my part. I meant to put 20 not 50! :s

Gio & Lento are the exact same pets but with different character models. That is all. All boils down to preference really.

I would Divine Link a Tuan if I had it but I only have the 60 minute Event Tuan which I refuse to level. :/

The reason I would say to do the current meta pets because at r1 Divine Link the 240+ protection that Gio/Scooter/Cloud get are MUCH more appealing that the 228 that Fallen Fairy or other subpar pets would get.

Nimbus also would have about 270(!) protection which is amazing and SOUNDS amazing to have.

Sadly Nimbus does not gain stats from levels but it does benefit from the level-to-stat increase from Divine Link.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    guildies of mine say it's also dependant on what stats you need and what kind of skills you use. for someone primarily using magic for example int would be more beneficial than dex for example. not really familiar with what pet gives what stat boosts though, since I never really use pets for battle outside of raids
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    intelligent ppl go for fallen fairy and scooter or if you are unlucky with the gacha the 2nd best is lento/gio and alto (if you have a card).
    stupid ppl and trolls that only want to feel special on the forums will recommend you nimbus and bone dragon (only experienced ppl that actually play the game will know why the bone dragon is a bad idea).
    note: always rank up fully new pets, be careful with scammers on player shops.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pannya wrote: »
    intelligent ppl go for fallen fairy and scooter or if you are unlucky with the gacha the 2nd best is lento/gio and alto (if you have a card).
    stupid ppl and trolls that only want to feel special on the forums will recommend you nimbus and bone dragon (only experienced ppl that actually play the game will know why the bone dragon is a bad idea).

Wow. Savage much?
    WolfandWolfNilremAeolysXiokunVeylaine
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 16, 2017
    Ok. So. If you had to personally choose between feeding a lvl 200 pot to a Phoenix, a Fallen Fairy, and a Milky Way Nimbus, which would you choose?

• Fallout331Fallout331
    Mabinogi Rep: 850

Bone Dragon > Fallen Fairy

https://gyazo.com/be4d35e047c2168a5216b4571a142d15

Scooter is even worse regarding stats, it does make a decent tank tho.
  • GeluberserkGeluberserk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited May 16, 2017
    While I don't agree with the attitude this post was written with, it's mostly correct information. In the context of this pet gacha the two best pets are Fallen Fairy and Scooter Imp. Priority shifts depending on what's the purpose of the pet. Are you only interested in elites, lords, dungeons? Fallen fairy. If your goal is Alban Heroic or Phantasm then Scooter Imp. Scooter Imp has decent stats with a good HP pool but most importantly, it reduces defence/protection of enemies around it.

Do NOT 200 pot a Nimbus. Bone dragon is up for discussion, but if I had a Gio/Lento/Suave Sheep it would take priority over BD.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated

why is the bone dragon a bad idea? @Pannya
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    Floral Fairy~ Best GZrHUjB.png
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Gio stats at 200 as follows:
    HP 786
    MP 299
    STA 548
    STR 300
    INT 182
    DEX 155
    WIL 257
    LUC 129
    DAM 120-151
    MAT 34
    INJ 20-55%
    CRI 58.6%
    BAL 80%
    DEF 62
    PRO 20
    MAD 24
    MAP 8
    ARP 9
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115

Only intelligent people explain their answers and contribute to discussion. Stupid people and trolls put down conjecture and does not contribute to discussion.
    WolfandWolfSplatulatedXiokunYokkaichiVeylaineTheNyanCat
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 17, 2017
    While I don't agree with the attitude this post was written with, it's mostly correct information. In the context of this pet gacha the two best pets are Fallen Fairy and Scooter Imp. Priority shifts depending on what's the purpose of the pet. Are you only interested in elites, lords, dungeons? Fallen fairy. If your goal is Alban Heroic or Phantasm then Scooter Imp. Scooter Imp has decent stats with a good HP pool but most importantly, it reduces defence/protection of enemies around it.

Do NOT 200 pot a Nimbus. Bone dragon is up for discussion, but if I had a Gio/Lento/Suave Sheep it would take priority over BD.

Why is Nimbus a bad choice? I've heard people say Nimbus because of the Protection and and AoE

Fallout331 wrote: »

Bone Dragon > Fallen Fairy

https://gyazo.com/be4d35e047c2168a5216b4571a142d15

Scooter is even worse regarding stats, it does make a decent tank tho.

Those Bone Dragon stats *drools* Looks divine. Are those your pets, Fallout?
  • GeluberserkGeluberserk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited May 17, 2017
    Cut.

Let me preface this. There is only 1 real reason to lv200 pot a pet, Divine Link, and two main reasons to be using it:
    1. Your pet becomes a tank sponge for you. HP/DEF/PROT/MDEF/MPROT are important in this case. You want your pet to survive as long as possible.
    2. Your pet is also a stat stick for you. A portion of their stats (HP/MP/STAM/STR/DEX/...) are transferred to you. So a pet with high stats is a nice bonus touch on capping out stats or gaining more max dmg.

This means a Nimbus will only ever have 5/5/5/5 of each stat and 20HP (Not including stats gained from skills) with its only saving grace being 50% Protection. Now you're right that the on-summon effect is nice, but that's irrelevant in the case of Divine Link which will have your pet out before the engagement in 90% of the scenarios (I assume that's what you mean by AoE). If you wanted to maximize protection from Divine Link, you would choose the Phoenix where you wouldn't be sacrificing 500+ stat gains for 50% protection. So while Nimbus does have nice protection, it doesn't have an HP pool to survive with.

Now the reason why Scooter Imp and Fallen Fairy are the two best pets is because they have a good mix between these two reasons. Very high base HP pools with nice stat gains (400 vs 350HP/ 150 vs 100 STR/ etc..). The Scooter Imp, however, makes up for it's lack of stats with "Tiny Jibes" which passively reduces the DEF/PROT of enemies around it. As a result, it's not reliant on "on-summon" effects. Fallen Fairy, on the other hand is an amazing mix of Stats and Tankiness. A lot of people compare Bone Dragon and Fallen Fairy for this reason. People forget that Bone Dragon is a HUGE pet. It takes up large amounts of screen real estate, which is inconvenient (especially if you're a giant). Secondly, it's incredibly slow. Enemies beating on your Bone Dragon will likely kite it away from you which, in the worse case scenario, can break Divine Link. Even when looking at the stat differences between the Fallen Fairy and the Bone Dragon, the differences are negligible at worst and paltry at best (20 STR, and yet the Fallen Fairy still has 1 more Max DMG). Lastly, the other benefits that Bone Dragon provides are outside of Divine Link (On-Summon DEF/PROT break and On-Death weapon power pot).

Sorry for the wall of text. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or add anything I might have missed.

P.S. I personally think Scooter Imp is the best pet for Divine Link, that DEF/PROT aura debuff is too good and can hit orbs while mounted! Also I hear Kokopo is a pretty good pet.

EDIT: As an aside. The main detractor from Bone Dragon is it's inconvenience (Slow/Big). So if you don't mind those, it's a good candidate for a Lv200 pot.
    AeolysWolfandWolfRadiant DawnKokoroNewbieChainBronzebreak
This discussion has been closed.