Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Account, Veteran Players?

PrinceLaTiDaPrinceLaTiDa
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in General Chat
Hello!

I just wanted to see how many people out there, like me, may have left mabinogi a long time ago, only to come back to it now or recently. I also wanted to ask why you came back. I decided to come back and check out the game after so long (a few years) since, no matter what game I go into, nothing compares to this one. I figured, why not check it back out again, you know?

Anyone here like me? Starting over completely fresh?

Comments

• ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited May 17, 2017
    I came back because there isn't any other MMO out there like it. It's so nonrestrictive in terms of equips and classes, coupled with the unique combat, it's definitely one of the better MMO's I've played in terms of gameplay. Hard to get into other mmo's after being given so much freedom.

Not really inclined to start over fresh considering how much I've accomplished on a single character though.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    edited May 17, 2017
    Mabi is basically a game where you focus everything on one character

There is no point in having different characters for different things since you can have them all in one character

I would still say that you get the most freedom in terms of gameplay compared to every other mmo where you're locked in classes/skills
    TwelieZeo
  • ArengothArengoth
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    I've started over fresh like, 4 times. I started playing on 2009, started over in 2012, and again 2014 and again in 2016. I start over in part because I feel if you are weaker you have many more options for challenge and a more fun overall experience of the game.

I keep coming back because the combat system is just fun, and more engaging than just pressing a sequence of buttons.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    Mabi is basically a game where you focus everything on one character

This. I like it because I get attached to my characters. Having to switch to an entirely different character for a different class bugs me alot, and i like being able to switch on the fly.
    Zeo
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I started over completely fresh a few months ago, to move to Alexina and to take advantage of these crazy beginner benefits (and some events that were going on at the time).

My new character is pretty much as strong as my old main already, minus all the enchanted/special upgraded gear, trans and demigod ranks, divine knight skills and FH. Still under 1k too.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I started from fresh a total of 4 times since my first time playing Mabinogi, back in 2008.
    First: I created my first very character on Tarlach Server.
    Second & Third: EU server arrived and did open beta, too: meaning I got 2 characters there since after beta finished and the game was released, beta players needed to re-create their character.
    Fourth: EU server died and decided to move with EU guild to NA again, but this time in the Mari Server.

The only times I stopped playing were after creating the fourth and last character, mostly because friends stopped playing, broke up with in-game husband and in-real boyfriend and, again, new friends stopped playing. I still lack the interest in ranking skills, so a new fresh start is out of question, even if Alexina is more lively.