Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Its Finally Over :D A year long grind is no more.

FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
edited May 18, 2017 in General Chat
https://prnt.sc/f9hen8

its finally done. a year long nightmare of torture and Gold sink. Is now no more. :D

went from rank 8 last night. to rank 1 in 20 hours.

and i have to say it.

THANK YOU NEXON. for releasing the AP training feature. without it i would probably never have finished this. welp now i can move onto weaving and be one of Tarlach's Rank 1 blacksmiths. just need to learn how to really make good items from it.

Only downside to this. is im Flat out Broke now :(
XiokunVimi

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I'm sure just about everyone who plays the game regularly will be r1 smithing in no time with this update (not just the AP boost but also the talent training exp boost). In a way I'm disappointed because these super tedious life skills were something that made mabinogi unique. On the other hand I can understand and respect the frustration of wanting to complete everything (or specifically what you want to complete) without having to spend a lot of time or money. I imagine it'll just get easier over time (or at least the older skills will). Magic craft and engineering will too in due time.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Maia wrote: »
    I'm sure just about everyone who plays the game regularly will be r1 smithing in no time with this update (not just the AP boost but also the talent training exp boost). In a way I'm disappointed because these super tedious life skills were something that made mabinogi unique. On the other hand I can understand and respect the frustration of wanting to complete everything (or specifically what you want to complete) without having to spend a lot of time or money. I imagine it'll just get easier over time (or at least the older skills will). Magic craft and engineering will too in due time.

thing is. one of the main reasons i wanted rank 1 is so i dont have to worry about other people scamming and robbing me out of materials that are rare and needed for the best weapons and gear. i remember when the CRK Swords came out. i spend over 50 hours grinding away at Alby adv HM for the materials to get myself 2 CRK Swords. i found a blacksmith willing to make them for me., but when i gave them all the materials needed for the 2 swords. POOF they disappeared with all the materials. effectively Wasting over 50 hours of my life for nothing. same thing happened to my friend a few days after. so fromt hat day i decided id get rank 1 BS so i can just make my own gear. and because im known to be trustworthy among friends they can turn to me to craft their gear knowing they will get what they want. plus im willing to do it for free and even supply the ingots needed long as they supply the core Materials.

its all a matter of me wanting to avoid greedy people in this game from taking advantage of you. and willing to help others. plus i can forge good gear to gift to newer players.
    DaktaroRadiant DawnImaizumiNekoLily
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I guess there's no incentive to do hard life skills anymore since hard work and dedication doesn't pays off, you just need to play longer and accumulate AP.
    Carlize
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'm going to congratulate you on this because I don't think anyone else in this thread has yet. Also, to me, there wasn't 'that' much incentive to do skills like tailoring and blacksmithing because of how neglected Mabinogi has made them, other than some rare manuals here and there, with the release of gachas spitting out and wasting equips people could have made and could have been recognized for, so I think this was much needed for a skill like this.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Well at the same time there is MC and HE titles
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I've heard of certain players who disdain people who use skill seals and don't play "legit". I bet those folks are seething.

Anyways, congratulations with hitting rank 1.
    badnewsbarrettNilremIyasenuVimi
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    At least you do not have to pay for these like training seals.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    There definitely should be a better way to request certain activities from players besides just enchanting. Just about every craft skill should have a request option lol that should have been obvious from the get go.

Congrats for sure. At least you won't be scammed in the future via smithing.
    Hiroki05AlmostNotsuper
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited May 18, 2017
    i am not against new metods of training, even if that metods make really easy to train skills, i am against nexon/devcat not developing new stuff where we can use that skills, like new crafting recipes and very hard dungeons, is that hard to add the old disappeared patterns and manuals to fleta's shop?
  • EllieYEllieY
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Does AP Training use alot of AP to train from r8 to r1?
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    edited May 18, 2017
    EllieY wrote: »
    Does AP Training use alot of AP to train from r8 to r1?

well i had about 1300 AP when i started now im at a little over 500 but granted i used some of it on other skills. so id say it was around. 600 AP. and that is including the the AP to ranking up the skill itself.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wow, I wish I had that when I was doing that!

Actually, wish I had this for a lot of things...

Congratulations!

I'm curious about the AP costs data of AP Training for various skills.
    But woo, you got one of the most expensive ones out of the way!
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I'm sour with this update. Some of us faced abyss training those skills to R1.....then training pot comes out, then seals, and now this.

Though I'm actually glad, cos this means people will be less likely to quit. Training skills was one of the biggest hurdle to stay in this game.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    As someone who is a casual player and ended up with 3000+ AP on all of my alts, AP training has been my favorite update this year.