Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

im actually mad about the candy bonanza

DaktaroDaktaro
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
in General Chat
been waiting since 2015 for it. and finally it comes back. but nerfed to the groundddd Q-Q
opened 30+ jars today and no reg dyes... drop rates used to be so much better. and the fishing part is removed so can't even fish for more jars.
ZZ3086E.gif
grrrrrrrrrr
  1. opinions66 votes
    1. no shut up it's unreasonable to be mad
       17% (11 votes)
    2. yeah it's actually depressing the best part is gone. whywhywhywhywhy
       39% (26 votes)
    3. only want [something other than dyes] so not bothered
       20% (13 votes)
    4. i don't care about this event in general
       24% (16 votes)

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Where's the option where I can respectfully say I'm pretty chill with this event? Free pet, fam. Free pet. I don't really mind there's no fishing event. We'll get one eventually. And hey, if you don't get one from the event you can buy them for cheap now.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Where's the option where I can respectfully say I'm pretty chill with this event? Free pet, fam. Free pet. I don't really mind there's no fishing event. We'll get one eventually. And hey, if you don't get one from the event you can buy them for cheap now.

mm fair enough. soz yea i should have put something like that.. maybe option 3 can work. happy with free pet c:
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I agree I am happy for the free pet, I just wish the drop rates for the HS props were better, I was really hoping to get some of the new seeds or some more cherry trees. I've opened like 34 boxes in the past two days and all I've mostly gotten is seeds :(
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 19, 2017
    I am disappointed. I do not blame Saygo for not communicating the entirety of the event, because he was not around to know what we actually liked, but I wish I knew beforehand. Of the few AFK events, I did not feel overly beholden to log in for hours, because the amount of rewards scaled, namely the dyes from the candy jars, among other things. I will admit, I feel entitled to a previous version of the event that went on without a problem, unlike Hamlet Delegation, in a similar way to Dungeon Passes, in that taking away what we already "had" feels more like a jerk move than never giving it to us in the first place. The expectation is that Nexon will not take away without good reason, and I do know why they would nerf said events. The droprate is lowered, but apparently fishing is out as well, and it is more a login reward. That being said, a forced AFK event is much worst than this nerfed version of Candy Bonanza.
    Greta
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited May 19, 2017
    I feel like a lot of people whined and requested this event for the dyes and potions (crazy right?). Then they didn't release the fishing part of it- so no pots. Furthermore, they released the pets with crazy amounts of dyes inbetween people requesting this event and the execution of this event. IMO, I would have way rather had received the seesaw to the moon event over this.
    mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Archives/19/006Kz/jump-to-the-moon
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    edited May 19, 2017
    I am disappointed. I do not blame Saygo for not communicating the entirety of the event, because he was not around to know what we actually liked, but I wish I knew beforehand. Of the few AFK events, I did not feel overly beholden to log in for hours, because the amount of rewards scaled, namely the dyes from the candy jars, among other things. I will admit, I feel entitled to a previous version of the event that went on without a problem, unlike Hamlet Delegation, in a similar way to Dungeon Passes, in that taking away what we already "had" feels more like a jerk move than never giving it to us in the first place. The expectation is that Nexon will not take away without good reason, and I do know why they would nerf said events. The droprate is lowered, but apparently fishing is out as well, and it is more a login reward. That being said, a forced AFK event is much worst than this nerfed version of Candy Bonanza.

I don't feel the drop rate is lowered at all though. The Fishing event that was normally released with this event would give us more candy jars which made us feel like we were getting more dyes, props, etc.

I do find this portion of the event really good for those that want to rank up their homesteads quickly, since farming takes a lot less time now, so its not that much of an AFK event (to me) more like a boost event.
    Humiliating
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    That's true, the boosted growth speed and droprate of seeds is nice (for those who need it). For that reason I guess it's a good event with good timing.
    edited May 19, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »

I don't feel the drop rate is lowered at all though. The Fishing event that was normally released with this event would give us more candy jars which made us feel like we were getting more dyes, props, etc.

I do find this portion of the event really good for those that want to rank up their homesteads quickly, since farming takes a lot less time now, so its not that much of an AFK event (to me) more like a boost event.

Yeah, I think so too. I might have been sleepy when I wrote that.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 19, 2017
    the fishing and dyes is pretty much the part everyone wanted, but well... we still get a free pet ^^; and there's still dyes even if they are a bit uncommon (way higher chance to get more of them though if you have all 3 trees and double/triple gather partners and luck sets/catering and get like 60 jars) . Maybe they have a different fishing event planned so they took out the fishing event portion of this so we wouldn't get sick of fishing? There's a lot of people disappointed about the fishing being gone though. it's not just you

We do have all the dyes from pets so there's that...even though the pets don't have every color you can get in there. Also the drop rate is just really random. like yesterday an alt of mine got 3 dyes from 5 jars while my main got 1 dye for over 50 jars. haha XD .. I've just been giving my dyes to friends

Long story short, I am happy with the event :) and I'm revamping my homestead and awaiting a free pegasus
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Maia wrote: »
    That's true, the boosted growth speed and droprate of seeds is nice (for those who need it). For that reason I guess it's a good event with good timing.

It would be nice if they also boosted HS stone gathering, but as is you pretty much need to spend money to take advantage of that. :/
    badnewsbarrett
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790

"feeling" and knowing are to types of battles.
    i have all 3 trees, w/ maxed out maid partner, so i get double if not a additional extra box. and so far even with double to triple chance, ive gotten in 3 days. 1 ampoul, 1 seedling, 3 flower seeds, and 1 rose, 1 candy bonanza lollipop, 1 food item. (in 3 days) - last time this event was around. i gotten so many extra additional items, i started a guild and gave free, i had 3 characters bank spots full of lollipop swords, rollcake cylinders alone. :T
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Maia wrote: »

It would be nice if they also boosted HS stone gathering, but as is you pretty much need to spend money to take advantage of that. :/

this isnt too helpful. but you can gather homestead stones unlimited-ly from entering bandit homes and taking theirs
    (4 w/ partner per stead)(and u do need to finish fighting the stead)
  • DealerDealer
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

i have all 3 trees, w/ maxed out maid partner, so i get double if not a additional extra box. and so far even with double to triple chance, ive gotten in 3 days. 1 ampoul, 1 seedling, 3 flower seeds, and 1 rose, 1 candy bonanza lollipop, 1 food item. (in 3 days) - last time this event was around. i gotten so many extra additional items, i started a guild and gave free, i had 3 characters bank spots full of lollipop swords, rollcake cylinders alone. :T

Only Nexon can "know" since they have the rates.

Like I said the last event had the fishing event which gave a 100s of jars so it's hard to compare the two.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I agree I am happy for the free pet, I just wish the drop rates for the HS props were better, I was really hoping to get some of the new seeds or some more cherry trees. I've opened like 34 boxes in the past two days and all I've mostly gotten is seeds :(

Wait how are you guys already opening over 30? I've upgraded my tree and got lucky drops but still only opened like 25 so far.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

Only Nexon can "know" since they have the rates.

Like I said the last event had the fishing event which gave a 100s of jars so it's hard to compare the two.

i didnt fish :) (doesnt like fishing)

Wait how are you guys already opening over 30? I've upgraded my tree and got lucky drops but still only opened like 25 so far.

Maxed out Maids, Partners, etc. They give guaranteed double gathering, alongside a chance at triple gathers at higher rates. Mix that in with luck, buffed Harvest Song, and 50 is usually the minimum.
  • DealerDealer

Some people have multiple trees.
    Personally I have 5 trees, with no lucky or partner bonus' I get 30 jars a day and I can upgrade my trees to give me more.

@TheDumbOne ouch luck is not with you this time then. So far I've gotten 10 dye amps and I don't use double gathering nor have I gotten a huge lucky.
    But I have barely gotten any props.

Are you mostly getting paint or something?
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne

Some people have multiple trees.
    Personally I have 5 trees, with no lucky or partner bonus' I get 30 jars a day and I can upgrade my trees to give me more.

@TheDumbOne ouch luck is not with you this time then. So far I've gotten 10 dye amps and I don't use double gathering nor have I gotten a huge lucky.
    But I have barely gotten any props.

Are you mostly getting paint or something?

isnt everyone >u>" lul
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Personally I can't get excited for this event. Everyone's already drowning in dyes so this just feels a bit pointless to have now. :c The pet is nice though, can't complain there.
    TheNyanCat
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I see people talking about using multiple trees, are you allowed to get multiple ones from Caravan Joe to use? I have a Large tree from last time but that's it I think o.o