Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let's Return Mabinogi To Its Prime.

MabiCrusaderMabiCrusader
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited May 17, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Never have I found another sandbox MMORPG, or even simply an MMORPG like Mabinogi. This alone is amazing, but still, our beloved game's fire is slowly burning out. Why? Is our favorite MMO just worn-out? The answer to that is no. Then what has caused the drop of the incoming player base? I believe the passion for our fabled adventure can be reignited for new players, but it would take some work and motivation. With the addition of a new location, or even a revamp of an old location with the emphasis on a new Mabi-style touch on competitive PVP. Now, I know this isn't the first thing a Veteran Mabi player would want, but you wouldn't hate it. How do I know? Does anyone remember the CTF event first introduced in 2009 and brought back for 2011? How about the PvP Tournament from the same years 09 and 11? Even better, the pillow fight event started in 2012 and continued annually till 2015. I remember playing these with my list of friends and we all had a blast.

Remember I'm not talking about normal PVP, I'm talking about a Mabi-styled player-v-player, and if there is something the Mabi team does best it's making something their own. Think creatively, for instance, the treasure hunting event when we all grabbed our L-rods and went on a journey in hopes of discovering remarkable treasure. (The hooked cutlass personally.) Think about this event but instead of just fighting the spawned mobs you have to compete with players. Your biggest concern at this point is how unbalanced you feel it would be, and your right, so how do you fix this? Custom PVP stats and gear, combined with a ban skill list in PVP matches. (which could and should be instanced.) So, not only am I sure the old players would grow to love it, but the attraction of a unique PVP style would pull new players into our world.

If you have read this far I want to thank you for your time.
Good luck and grind it up out there!
  1. Would you be curious to see what a Mabi-styled PVP would be?29 votes
    1. Yes
       31% (9 votes)
    2. Maybe
       17% (5 votes)
    3. No
       52% (15 votes)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Mabi isn't dying.
    MabiCrusaderNilrem
  • MabiCrusaderMabiCrusader
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Mabi isn't dead, but it is slowly fading into the background. I'm not trying to upset anyone here. Mabi has a loyal player base that is currently active but it does seem empty compared to recent years. In the Alexina server, I often only find channel 1 crowded or full. When just two years ago I could find at least three channels crowded and a full warning on the current channel for player shops. This is undeniable. Don't get me wrong, I love mabinogi and I'm not trying to slander such a good game. I simply believe it is time for something to pull our adventure back to it's prime, and I believe it is achievable.
    Dcat682
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    I've been playing mabi since 08 so I would agree that mabi has been emptier compared to years ago. The game is not dead, however the population is declining, migrating to more active servers or simply playing other games. There aren't a lot of newcomers to boot. I mean its 2017, who wouldn't prefer FFXIV/BNS/BDO graphics to mabi's polygons?

It's near impossible to pull this game back into its prime. Back then things were much simpler yet challenging and everything was new in a sense. Today things are too excessive and p2w. Pvp won't bring the population back. Not everyone likes pvp or has a decent computer/connection to pvp efficiently.

Nexon can pull out events one after another but the real problem is keeping a player's interest and activity. I think the major problem with us veterans is that we're too jaded. Once we've done an event and reaped their rewards, we probably won't enjoy it again with full satisfaction when it comes back. Give or take that one new item added that gets added into the repeat, only to be worth 200k with in a few days. Also if the event doesn't give reforges, bags, special/prot red upgrade stones, etc consider the event worthless to a lot of people.

Aside from everything I said, I really do like mabi for what it is. I really wish it was in better condition than it is currently in.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    maybe

i dont want mabinogi turn into power capping and top gearing like the most MMO (purpose of the game: get max lvl, get the best gear possible, show off in PVP)
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    If you'd like an opinion from a new player I have a few ideas...

1) I never knew Mabinogi existed before my friend invited me. Maybe spend a bit more advertising it.
    2) Mabinogi looks terrible, put plain and simple, the Graphics are clearly the original to the game. I know while most Veteran players wouldn't like a change to the looks a simple Update to the graphics, one area of the game at a time, might be all it takes to stay relevant. Look at Runescape. Runescape's now 15 years old and they're still kicking. One of the thing's they're doing is updating their world one location at a time. They've updated their client to allow better Graphics (NXT client) and now they're turning mounds of dirt like White Wolf Mountain use to be to massive mountains that you need to traverse caves to get up and down from.

TLDR; People are only hearing about Mabinogi through other players and the old Graphics are turning players away who tried picking up the game.
    Comaleon