Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I Just Realized Something about Math Dungeon

XiokunXiokun
Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
in General Chat
dd5626cd9aba597aa41c84097f397899.png

These pocket mice are actually Pikachu's. They're yellow, they cast lightning bolt very frequently, and they're mice! Not to mention Pokémon is called Pocket Monsters in Japan. Please tell me I'm not the only one who had this realization. Is there any other cameos and puns like this? ~ _~
BerryswirlErorservDcat682ZeopawcalypseCrimsọnChaosShadow

Comments

• Funzo24Funzo24
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Is Pokémon actually called Pocket Monsters in Japan? If I recall its called "Pokémon" which is a conjunction of Pocket and Monster, which the same could be said about the English Name. Definitely a reference though! A recent event straight up referenced Pokémon so that was amusing.
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    In Japan, the full name is Pocket Monsters. They shorten it to Pokemon for ease of conversation. just like they shorten Kantai Collection to Kancolle and Gundam Plastic Models to Gunpla.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Elephant in the room... People pointed this out during G1....
    Another Pokémon comes to mind...
    pawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 21, 2017
    Math Dungeon is still one of the longest and most boring dungeons in Erinn, much like the academic topic of Math itself.
    8203513.jpg

VimiPannyaYokkaichiZeopawcalypseChaosShadow
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Anyone remembers the old Lorna and Pan videos and this one character named Pikaru. He wears yellow. Black tip antlers. Casts lightning bolt. Hmm...
    XiokunZeo
  • XiokunXiokun
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Anyone remembers the old Lorna and Pan videos and this one character named Pikaru. He wears yellow. Black tip antlers. Casts lightning bolt. Hmm...

OH!! I REMEMBER WATCHING THAT! That short little yellow punk who kept spamming lightning bolt on poor Lorna. That's when they taught you how to defend bolts! That sorry squat ran away after that. I remember. Goood times.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Xiokun wrote: »

OH!! I REMEMBER WATCHING THAT! That short little yellow punk who kept spamming lightning bolt on poor Lorna. That's when they taught you how to defend bolts! That sorry squat ran away after that. I remember. Goood times.

i wasnt playing mabi during those time can u post a link of that video
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »

i wasnt playing mabi during those time can u post a link of that video

Here ya go! Its a bit cringy but just imagine yourself back when G1 was released and this was a fresh new game.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Don't forget that video is always there on the homepage in the drop menu. :J
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I remember someone else making this same topic somewhere else before.

History truly does repeat itself.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Funzo24 wrote: »
    Is Pokémon actually called Pocket Monsters in Japan? If I recall its called "Pokémon" which is a conjunction of Pocket and Monster, which the same could be said about the English Name. Definitely a reference though! A recent event straight up referenced Pokémon so that was amusing.

It was changed into a portmanteau for western releases because of concerns of running afoul of the then-active trademark of Monsters in My Pocket, though was already being referred to informally as such by then.

Also, can we all agree that Math Dungeon is the most hideous place in the entire game? Everything looks like old urine stains.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Funzo24 wrote: »

It was changed into a portmanteau for western releases because of concerns of running afoul of the then-active trademark of Monsters in My Pocket, though was already being referred to informally as such by then.

Also, can we all agree that Math Dungeon is the most hideous place in the entire game? Everything looks like old urine stains.

Might as well turn it into an old sewer dungeon. Wait, Rundal actually kinds of fills out the water filled dungeon trope, albeit more cleanly than not, as well as the shadow missions in the waterway.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Might as well turn it into an old sewer dungeon. Wait, Rundal actually kinds of fills out the water filled dungeon trope, albeit more cleanly than not, as well as the shadow missions in the waterway.

What they should do is give it all sorts of different color lights/filters, like an acid trip or a disco.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    New forums, old topic already addressed. =P