Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need Another 8+ hour Maintenance...

SnormieSnormie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
edited May 22, 2017 in General Chat
We need Another 8+ hour Maintenance...TO FIX THE LAGG

Like seriously,.school is going to be out and with the servers this laggy right now, it's not going to work.
Please take the time to bring the game down, debug your systems, clean them up, polish them.. GIVE love to them, what ever it takes nexon, please work on this lagg next maintenance... I would much rather have the servers offline for 8 hours knowing it's going to fix the lagg, than play another week through the lagg we're getting.

Thank you.
  1. Do you Agree or Disagree?54 votes
    1. Agree
       74% (40 votes)
    2. Disagree
       26% (14 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Not sure about the lag, but there does appear to be enough glitches that would warrant a maintenance.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    personally I think they should remove chs, 5 6 7, and just have it 1 2 3 4 like before... I think that will help a lot. This game doesn't need that many chs anymore, unless they do server merges.
    ZearaSplatulatedMistyInfernopawcalypse
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Yeah... Mabi pooped really bad earlier for me. It was like a speed bump for me. It was running fine, it hit a lag spike, flew up into the air, off the cliff, and crashed terribly. ~_~
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    It'd be nice. The lag has been going on for a while now. :|
    It comes and goes.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Longer maintenance =/= instant fix for all lag
    PolicromaTheNyanCatLeineiAeolysNilremMistyInfernoPannyaChaosShadowpawcalypseLiberate
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Thank you, buffalos.

The "maintenance" is usually just a server restart (or occasionally a Windows update) if I understand correctly. Nexon twiddling their thumbs for an extra 6 hours won't do us any good.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Yea, we don't need a super long maint, they just need to use the maint time to focus on reducing lag.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    To be honest, I think it's best to stay off market channel if you're doing something serious. I have a lot less trouble on other channels. If I have to solo something big or do Crystal Defender I'll stay off channel 1.
    NegumikoFeliceChaosShadow
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Policroma wrote: »
    Thank you, buffalos.

The "maintenance" is usually just a server restart (or occasionally a Windows update) if I understand correctly. Nexon twiddling their thumbs for an extra 6 hours won't do us any good.

They either need devCAT to look into why the servers are combusting like they are as quickly as they are, or a large team of server techs who can spend the time physically fixing the servers.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Buffalos wrote: »

They either need devCAT to look into why the servers are combusting like they are as quickly as they are, or a large team of server techs who can spend the time physically fixing the servers.

I'm agreeing with you. I just don't think we're going to get it.

I guess with stuff like elf lag I just figured long ago I should put up or shut up. Since the current team is reworking a lot of stuff within the game there may be a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Yeah no we are not having another 8+ hour maint because that wont fix the lag and I would rather not have immature idiots whine on the fourms about being so entitled to compensation for the maintenance.
    PolicromaGretaTabari
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Thank you, buffalos.

And probably a data backup of the server data
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wonder if it might be a hardware issue regarding the server thing?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    To be honest, I think it's best to stay off market channel if you're doing something serious. I have a lot less trouble on other channels. If I have to solo something big or do Crystal Defender I'll stay off channel 1.

the market channel is the worst place to do anything other then buying or selling things. sometimes guild members or other players ask me to do a shadow mission or dungeon with them on ch 1 and it has to much lag to fight good there.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Yeah no we are not having another 8+ hour maint because that wont fix the lag and I would rather not have immature idiots whine on the fourms about being so entitled to compensation for the maintenance.

and you are doing the exact same thing as the players you are complaining about by saying maintenance must be kept short cause you don't want to deal with certain people. if you dislike a certain topic on the forums then don't read it. the weekly maintenance is nothing to complain about. every mmo needs to do maintenance once in a while and if maintenance is one or two hours longer and helps improve the game then I am more then happy to wait a little longer. unscheduled maintenance is the only bad kind cause players are not prepared for it and have to rush if they are doing something important.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    lidiya wrote: »
    And probably a data backup of the server data

Most companies use them for things like server resets, backups, patches, and various other things that may need looking into, or even stuff like making sure events are actually turned on.

All the maint time in the world, however, will not fix a problem if the root cause is not found or if there is no solution to apply at that time. It's not a fix-everything button, despite popular misconception.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Negumiko wrote: »

the market channel is the worst place to do anything other then buying or selling things. sometimes guild members or other players ask me to do a shadow mission or dungeon with them on ch 1 and it has to much lag to fight good there.

and you are doing the exact same thing as the players you are complaining about by saying maintenance must be kept short cause you don't want to deal with certain people. if you dislike a certain topic on the forums then don't read it. the weekly maintenance is nothing to complain about. every mmo needs to do maintenance once in a while and if maintenance is one or two hours longer and helps improve the game then I am more then happy to wait a little longer. unscheduled maintenance is the only bad kind cause players are not prepared for it and have to rush if they are doing something important.

I believe Faye is complaining about the actions of others, distinct from the inherent nature of the topic concerning a long maintenance. The argument is that the Maintenance must not be kept short, but reasonable in length due to the problems exerted on the game and players. In essence, Nexon rarely needs 8 hours for what is essentially a request for a daily server maintenance. This is not 2012, where this was an expected length, scheduled or not.

Faye is not protesting the idea of a regularly scheduled maintenance I believe (What sane player would?), but of one of unreasonable length, that in essence, would be a typical maintenance lasting 3 hours these days, and the lamentation of entitled players.

A longer length does not imply increased quality, but for certain situations, a clear lack of it, depending on your experiences with mechanics, plumbers, etc.

So, in essence...
    -The request maintenance time is unneeded and ineffective.
    -Complaining about the moral actions of other people is different than the denial of the idea at all. (Sort of like how one likes Steven Universe but hates the fandom.)

I would say dislike differs, but people should be free to voice criticism, especially when the topic not being liked concerns something they do like, such as Mabinogi.

Yokkaichi
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    By now people should understand that these maintenance are not fixing anything now. The issue lies elsewhere, and until NX decides to fix it no amount of maintenance is going to fix our problems. The servers just can't handle normal actions anymore, and the lag after a day should prove that. I also tried doing things off of my market channel the other day but the other channels were just as laggy for my party.

Maybe it's the ISP as someone suggested, but I'm willing to bet it's just that the servers can no longer keep up with how we tax them. NX needs new servers, or to restructure code to better handle player actions.
    Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Negumiko wrote: »

You completely misunderstood my post. I am perfectly fine with weekly maintenance because I understand that they are needed and important. However when there is a longer one, people in this community seem to think they have a right to complain about it. They suddenly think it's perfectly fine to whine "I want my compensation because I can't play the game!!! Waaahhh" "I want a double rainbow, I want x3 AP I want free stuff because we can't play the game today" It's completely stupid how childish people are when it comes to maintenances. Then they also get mad when they are told they won't be getting anything and throw a temper tantrum and say they are quitting the game because of maintenance.
    Gretabadnewsbarrett
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 23, 2017
    You completely misunderstood my post. I am perfectly fine with weekly maintenance because I understand that they are needed and important. However when there is a longer one, people in this community seem to think they have a right to complain about it. They suddenly think it's perfectly fine to whine "I want my compensation because I can't play the game!!! Waaahhh" "I want a double rainbow, I want x3 AP I want free stuff because we can't play the game today" It's completely stupid how childish people are when it comes to maintenances. Then they also get mad when they are told they won't be getting anything and throw a temper tantrum and say they are quitting the game because of maintenance.

I totally agree with you. The funniest part is when Nexon announces upcoming weekly maintenance the day before it starts, but you still see threads like "Can't log in to the game. Whyyyyy? Is it maintenance?" or "Wow early maintenance? I was doing Elite SM/Adv dungeon and got booted from the game, lost my passes now QQ". Seriously some people need to follow game forums at least once a week... Also very funny when people ask for compensation when maintenance gets extended to 1-2 hours. Believe me i have been playing games where 6-8 hour maintenance is a normal thing. I was surprised when i noticed that Mabinogi only has 2-5 hour maintenance here.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    70% of all players don't read game news for events or maintenance. When I ask people online "Don't you read the notices on the game's front page?" And more often than I would like, people would say "Nope :D", happy face included.
    GretaZearaRadiant DawnBlissfulkill