Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need Another 8+ hour Maintenance...

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 23, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »
    lidiya wrote: »
    And probably a data backup of the server data

Most companies use them for things like server resets, backups, patches, and various other things that may need looking into, or even stuff like making sure events are actually turned on.

All the maint time in the world, however, will not fix a problem if the root cause is not found or if there is no solution to apply at that time. It's not a fix-everything button, despite popular misconception.

Ohh I know that I was just adding onto what the person I quoted said.
    At one of my jobs one of my duties was server admin, and scheduling the backups(and making sure the data got backed up as right before I got hired it turns out that their backups were backing NOTHING up) was one of my tasks

But yea my guess is the problem is most likely with the server software not being able to handle what the client is calling(as they have added layer on layer), and the distance from client to server as this game was designed with South Korea's geography in mind.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wish the "News and Events" section of the mandatory launcher was more up to date.

I still see Racial Skills as the most recent listing in that section.

But these issues feel like they started... semi recently.
    Like ever since that one stream they had a lot of lag on, and they said they had I.T. looking at the issue to see if they could fix it and couldn't during the stream?

I mean, I always remember the market channel being somewhat slower, at least on the Monster A.I. side, but this is even worse than that.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ok I was all for maintenance every week. But it's getting to the point where stuff is screwing up sooner and sooner.

Time for new servers.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I have the solution to all of our problems with the servers! Watch in awe! Behold!
    nom-hamster-o.gif
    giphy.gif

We shall take down whatever running the severs now and power it with these hamsters!
    badnewsbarrettYokkaichiSphyra21Blissfulkill
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 23, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I have the solution to all of our problems with the servers! Watch in awe! Behold!
    nom-hamster-o.gif
    giphy.gif

We shall take down whatever running the severs now and power it with these hamsters!

So new hamsters to replace Nexon's old ones that are stroking out?
    Blissfulkill
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 23, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »
    nom-hamster-o.gif
    giphy.gif

So new hamsters to replace Nexon's old ones that are stroking out?

Exactly. Hamsters only live two years. At this point we have zombie hamsters running the servers.

34d026d88a1c31bb8abc73ef0b0fcf19faf52c31_hq.gif

FayeKaiba
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    edited May 24, 2017
    It's pretty fun to activate final hit and sit there for about half the duration before an attack goes off ecksdeeeee
    and no it's not all the time rather it's just extremely inconsistent which is annoying.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    dowie wrote: »
    It's pretty fun to activate final hit and sit there for about half the duration before an attack goes off ecksdeeeee
    and no it's not all the time rather it's just extremely inconsistent which is annoying.

Yeah I freaking LOVE it when I lose 10-15 seconds of FH. :|

309.gif

• UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    edited May 24, 2017
    I was almost having fun with this game, was just out this morning training Pummel and suddenly find Giant Lion spawned. I decide to try and solo him, get him to maybe 70% before running outta curatives, then bring two guildies in and we're constantly surviving by the skin of our teeth.

Then some bizarre thing happens, he briefly appears very far away and then back in front of us, runs back to the middle of the lion herd, and we can no longer target him because of what we assume to be a positional desynchronization. He's at like less than 25% after we're going ham on this guy for half an hour. If this is the fault of the lag, then I'm happy to wait for y'all to fix this dumpster-fire. So much glory was not had.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Ah, I think you're referring to his Stampede/Smack skill. The wiki mentions something about Windmill being able to target the monster via its original position.