Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Animal Taming + Dungeon Revamp

ImlostImlost
Mabinogi Rep: 610
in Help
Hello! I know most people totally turn their noses up to taming, but I happen to love the useless skill. However, in my long, slow often forgotten venture to get conqueror title I noticed that most of the mobs on the 5 star list I cannot tame? I went through almost 200 bait trying to tame a Ghost (Peaca Basic version) with no success. I know taming success itself is a huge joke, but I have NEVER struggled that much. I have the master title + ALO Asuna, and I am just wondering if anyone knows if the dungeon revamp messed up the cp of current dungeon mobs? The ghost was not the only one I had a hard time with, I actually ran OUT of bait trying to tame the Ogre Warrior boss in Barri normal...

So yes in short, does anyone know if the revamp of mobs within the Uladh dungeons has messed up their CP levels? It seems as though even with the beefing of monsters, their star rating still remains the same within the journal.

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    The CP levels seems to be the same. And to be honest with you I wish they raised the CP of every monster in dungeons a little bit.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    CP has changed immensely in dungeons, with certain dungeons being switched around, with Peaca no longer being the toughest "endgame dungeon", but instead with Rundal at the top, only topped by Rabbie Phantasm. In any case, if you press the "alt" button, you can see the CP levels from weakest, weak, (No title=normal), strong, awful, and boss. Most bosses have got a LARGE increase in CP, with werewolves of Barri Basic having more CP than cooking ingredients, as well as being notably different than regular werewolves.

Cyclops is also noticeably stronger, able to tank a full duration of Final Hit from several players, among others.

Most of these affect bosses, but generally, the higher your CP, the higher the chance of a successful taming, up an to a certain CP "Cap" where nothing is able to be tamed period, except certain monsters like Banshee and Demi Lich, who have also got a buff as well. It is virtually impossible at this point, as the CP difference is incredibly high, and I have just around 3.3k CP naked.
  • ImlostImlost
    The cap is supposed to be around 5k CP with the few exceptions, the Peaca Basic ghost being one of them. However, it seems as though they are too strong now to tame but still remain the only 5 star ghost as far as the journal is concerned. Does this mean it is impossible to obtain the conqueror title now? I went into Peaca Normal to see if the Red/Blue ghosts got bumped to a 5 star now that they are stronger, but they are still as they were before - 4 stars. I could understand the struggle taming the Ghost from Peaca Basic, but the fact I could not tame an Ogre Warrior in Barri Normal left me pretty concerned and brought me here. As a side, I do not know my exact CP, but I do know it should be fairly high I am a very old player, I am pretty saddened if they did make it impossible to complete the journal.
    I may have been exaggerating, but AP taming may work as a supplement.
  • ImlostImlost
    I am unsure what you mean by AP taming?
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    if you need a ghost try dun library, they are still the same old ones.
  • ImlostImlost
    Pannya wrote: »
    if you need a ghost try dun library, they are still the same old ones.

I actually tried that first, and from the looks of it it seems they got beefed up with the ones in the dungeon. Unfortunately :s
    Imlost wrote: »

Using AP to train individual requirements. However, you will need 30 points worth of training already done, either naturally or through seals.
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    This is supposedly a known issue that is already acknowledged by the GM/mods and something i personally submitted a ticket for 5+ months ago. Theres ways to get around the taming for some things such as rundal boss could be done with either boss rush or siren (i don't recall which i did) but for the peaca normal lich boss and peaca basic moths, not even doing g16 final helped. Also on another topic people brings up CP here but i seem to recall your cp no longer affects taming success chance.
    Imlost
  • ImlostImlost
    edited May 25, 2017
    This is supposedly a known issue that is already acknowledged by the GM/mods and something i personally submitted a ticket for 5+ months ago. Theres ways to get around the taming for some things such as rundal boss could be done with either boss rush or siren (i don't recall which i did) but for the peaca normal lich boss and peaca basic moths, not even doing g16 final helped. Also on another topic people brings up CP here but i seem to recall your cp no longer affects taming success chance.

Thank you! I am very disappointed I wish I had finished it before the revamp,, I have less than 20 mobs needed for the title :Y

Imlost wrote: »

Using AP to train individual requirements. However, you will need 30 points worth of training already done, either naturally or through seals.

Oh I already have r1 and mastered the skill, this is for the collection journal title!
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I have no trouble taming. R1 taming with R1 Taming wand (lv 19 success rate) + ALO Asuna.
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    edited May 26, 2017
    Nichee wrote: »
    I have no trouble taming. R1 taming with R1 Taming wand (lv 19 success rate) + ALO Asuna.

have you tried taming say.. peaca normal boss recently? after the revamp? cause only some mobs are broken via taming such as stated by OP, whose theory was actually much like my own when i first addressed the problem. I would like to know though whether your reforge is perhaps allowing you to bypass the problem but as far as i know and the response from tickets that it is broken and being addressed. Master taming title + alo asuna and 6,000+ baits with at least 500 being bought hot spring taming bait is preventing me to complete the journal when i only need 2 more :(.
    Imlost
  • ImlostImlost

Nichee wrote: »

have you tried taming say.. peaca normal boss recently? after the revamp? cause only some mobs are broken via taming such as stated by OP, whose theory was actually much like my own when i first addressed the problem. I would like to know though whether your reforge is perhaps allowing you to bypass the problem but as far as i know and the response from tickets that it is broken and being addressed. Master taming title + alo asuna and 6,000+ baits with at least 500 being bought hot spring taming bait is preventing me to complete the journal when i only need 2 more :(.

I was just about to say the same thing! Most mobs I can tame no problem with my titles, it is only the ones that have been buffed beyond the tamable CP cap that are causing me trouble. My journal is completed, however I cannot possibly tame the 5 star mobs needed as they are now above the CP limit - even the ones with exceptions. The reforge you have raises your success by what? A little under 15%? Which is nice and I wish I had it! But, if a mob is within the untamable CP amount it won't matter how much added success % I have :(

It's such a shame I hope they fix it? I know it's probably not at the top of their list though :/
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Let us hope Taming will not become the next Sharp Mind....
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I've been tracking the CP changes since the dungeon revamp (have a spreadsheet on the wiki forums somewhere). The CP changes are dungeon-specific, so the scary library should be unaffected.

That said, ghosts have always been difficult to tame even before the dungeon revamp.
  • ArcataArcata
    Mabinogi Rep: 875
    How do you tame animals??
    I started playing this game yesterday...
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Arcata wrote: »
    How do you tame animals??
    I started playing this game yesterday...
    You need a taming cane and taming bait, both of which are sold by Tupai in Cor Village in Iria.