Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How many more years do you think Mabi has left?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 26, 2017
    Sylek wrote: »
    Nexon NA is actually my bigger concern as I've been trying to join a guild on this return, only to find that the guild I applied to expired shortly after. Basically, I'm stuck in a guild limbo. Not part of the guild I applied to, but can't join others. People have had this issue for a month and Nexon NA is still "looking into it". It actually makes me wonder how many of them know how to code and fix stuff and how many of them just translate and add content.
    I'd love to see Mabinogi continue on for years to come, but I do wonder if Nexon NA feels the same way.

Don't worry. You can definitely forget about guilds for at least 1 year now. I have waited for them to fix glitched Alexina's L-rod quest, they said that they are aware of this glitch and they are looking into it for over a year and after last maintenance they finally fixed it, which left me really surprised now. The funniest part was when there was multiple different threads made about that glitch and it was confirmed by other players, but Mods still used to make most of them as incomplete threads just because there wasn't any visual evidence or glitch wasn't informed properly lol even though everyone knew that glitch.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Who knows with the shrinking NA player base at one point Nexon will say screw it close it down it isn't worth it with the way they are going.
    If they change the business model a bit to make players not feel like they are getting ripped off gacha after gacha, update the old models, and fix some key issues(like dungeon drops which have been mentioned as well as crafting ) then I see it going on quite some time.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I hate threads like these, they are borderline FUD.

I believe this game will endure as long as everyone supports it once in a while. I always said, it's not pay to win, it's pay to support. You want to keep the game running? BUY SOMETHING.
    Policroma
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Remove Reforges and revolve content around not needing level 20 Smash, 6 element, etc. BOOM! Pay to win is gone.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited May 26, 2017
    One year, maybe two, three tops (if we're lucky).

Enjoy it while you still can.

Every game will eventually end up at the same spot at the end of the day.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 26, 2017
    I call FUD, I remember when g20 released, everyone and their mother said it was the end of mabi, but look at us now? From my point of view the playerbase has grown since that. Yeah all games have an end, but ultimately what matters most is enjoying it while you can, dont worry about how long it might or might not last.
    CrimsọnPolicroma
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited May 26, 2017
    This exact question was asked back in 2013 and a lot of said the game would be dead in 2016/2017.
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Remove Reforges and revolve content around not needing level 20 Smash, 6 element, etc. BOOM! Pay to win is gone.

Phantasm says hi. If you're still using Smash in Phantasm, you're doing something wrong. Not to mention the fact that mobs in their are immune to elements, minus Fire/Ice/Lightning Succubi. By the way, the dungeon is doable without reforges.
    Nilrem
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I call FUD, I remember when g20 released, everyone and their mother said it was the end of mabi, but look at us now? From my point of view the playerbase has grown since that. Yeah all games have an end, but ultimately what matters most is enjoying it while you can, dont worry about how long it might or might not last.

And soon there is going to be a g21 coming up.

You guys need to stop it with threads like these. New players curious about this game sometimes visit the forums. This is NOT very encouraging for them and only hurts us.

:|
    Policroma
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Raishii wrote: »
    This exact question was asked back in 2013 and a lot of said the game would be dead in 2016/2017.

Phantasm says hi. If you're still using Smash in Phantasm, you're doing something wrong. Not to mention the fact that mobs in their are immune to elements, minus Fire/Ice/Lightning Succubi. By the way, the dungeon is doable without reforges.

I wouldn't know what reforges people use since I do not have a single half decent reforged item. Advanced heavy stander plus instant aggro plus massive amount of hp and protection plus damage in the hundreds are not smart end-game content, its an unintelligent slog that isn't "hard" content but instead is undoubtedly unfair content.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Raishii wrote: »

I wouldn't know what reforges people use since I do not have a single half decent reforged item. Advanced heavy stander plus instant aggro plus massive amount of hp and protection plus damage in the hundreds are not smart end-game content, its an unintelligent slog that isn't "hard" content but instead is undoubtedly unfair content.

None of the mobs minus the Skelemancers and Succubus Queen herself have advance heavy slander, nor do they even insta-aggro you. (Hence why it's possible for some to cheese Phantasm using Crystal Deer hide.) The mobs have high HP, but certainly not a massive amount. Simply enough to actually have it worthy of being called end-game content. And mobs in Phantasm don't even deal that much damage unless you're being multi-aggro'd, and this is coming from an elf.

I don't know what dungeon you were describing in your post, but it definitely isn't what Phantasm is. You actually need to know what you're doing or else, no matter how many reforges you have, you'll die.
    Nilrem
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 27, 2017
    Honestly, i was really triggered when this thread appeared. Why would you care how much years Mabinogi will keep being alive here? Only normal players who love this game will never think this way and only mind themselves to enjoy it as long as they can, but only to notice it's a time to say goodbye. If you feel like Mabinogi hasn't much time left and you are doubting about putting your time and effort on this game anymore then i only suggest you leaving this game asap. I'm planning to enjoy Mabinogi as long as i find it entertaining, even at the last day of this game existence - i will be online if i'll need to, do something memorable to make sure that i will never forget about this amazing game...
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    As a returning player who previously quit the game 3-4 years ago I must agree that speculation threads such as this are extremely pointless. Way back when I quit the game years ago I had wrote it off as a stagnant game that wouldn't possibly last more than a few years after I quit. Yet despite that the game has proven me wrong and here I am returning to the game.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Namiri wrote: »
    As a returning player who previously quit the game 3-4 years ago I must agree that speculation threads such as this are extremely pointless. Way back when I quit the game years ago I had wrote it off as a stagnant game that wouldn't possibly last more than a few years after I quit. Yet despite that the game has proven me wrong and here I am returning to the game.

Thank you. We have a lot of returnees and new players cropping up. Some of you just choose not to notice that.

I wish I could thumb down this thread.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    it's a niche player base it really doesnt change much and it's enough to keep the game going.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Gaea wrote: »
    Namiri wrote: »

Thank you. We have a lot of returnees and new players cropping up. Some of you just choose not to notice that.

I wish I could thumb down this thread.

Yeah, I actually returned because a bunch of my friends who I played with years ago also returned. They told me about all the changes and new stuff that was added in the years since quitting. So it seems I was proven very wrong about the game having become stagnant and doomed to die all those years ago.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Threads like this are rather triggering for me because I'm reminded of all the people from few years ago about how Mabinogi would end by the time they have G20 and they're wrong... but they continue to spread he FUD about this anyway.

There is some things that need to be improved and done (one example is server merge) on NA Mabi to keep it more healthy and it'll live for quite a long time.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 27, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    There is some things that need to be improved and done (one example is server merge) on NA Mabi to keep it more healthy and it'll live for quite a long time.

Not sure about this part anymore now, because lately even current servers seem a bit too potatoish. Don't want to imagine what lag we would get with merged servers.
    Zeo
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Korore wrote: »

People have been saying this since g3. Shut up already. We are nowhere near over.
    YellowBinKororeCrimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 27, 2017
    Korore wrote: »

The funny part is that this have been said by ex-Volunteer Forum Moderator. I'm laughing my booty off right now.
    KororeZeo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Well, we all die eventually. Games die. People die. Companies die. Plants die. Stars die. The sun will die. Humanity will die. This is the way life works. Everything leads to death.

It is not like what you are saying is not true, but....it holds true for everything and is quite obvious. We have gone from the relatively worrying of saying goodbye soon to saying goodbye eventually.

It is never a matter of purely "if", but "when", but I find such discussion to hasten the end as well as waste time dancing around a dark subject.
    I just do not care, and I do not see why you and I should. I cannot stand to see people waste time on being depressed over certainties we have no real control over. Instead of thinking about our eventual end, why not think of our already happening journey?
    GretaKororeComaleonXiokun[Deleted User]