Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How many more years do you think Mabi has left?

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited May 27, 2017
    Nexon KR still has a game running well that has been 20+ years (Since 1996) so...
    you never know. But for Nexon America? (giggles)
    Stolias wrote: »
    I'm sure if DevCat fixed the ridiculous RNG Loot tables for Dungeons so players actually get good rewards for their hard work, the game will do fine for many more years.
    In fact, KR made a law for these random box items (rng) recently again (enhanced law)...
    meanwhile Nexon America... *cough*
    Korore
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sutaru wrote: »
    Honestly I think Mabinogi is still making bank off of the cash shop sales. Until that starts to decrease I don't see any reason to why they would shut it down. Its probably the main reason as to why it is still up and running.

At this point, that is what's keeping this game alive.
    Same with every F2P game.
    It's a truly charming game though.
    I'd be so depressed if it went under. ;~;
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited May 27, 2017
    -removed-
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Korore wrote: »
    -removed-

:P
    Korore
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    -removed-

What was that? @FoolieCoole Can you pm me what she said? lol.
    Korore
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Haha oh my, what a derail I have caused. Shame on me!

Okay I'll get myself back on topic:
    Well, we all die eventually. Games die. People die. Companies die. Plants die. Stars die. The sun will die. Humanity will die. This is the way life works. Everything leads to death.

It is not like what you are saying is not true, but....it holds true for everything and is quite obvious. We have gone from the relatively worrying of saying goodbye soon to saying goodbye eventually.

It is never a matter of purely "if", but "when", but I find such discussion to hasten the end as well as waste time dancing around a dark subject.
    I just do not care, and I do not see why you and I should. I cannot stand to see people waste time on being depressed over certainties we have no real control over. Instead of thinking about our eventual end, why not think of our already happening journey?

This is powerful.
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    edited May 27, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    -removed-

I just:P'ed cause it got removed. Assuming something inappropriate.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    -removed-

Oh okay. Lol rip. Must have been very inappropriate since the whole post got removed.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    The NA servers is nowhere close to shutting it down because it carries 3 continents of players into this server (maybe 4 due to Asia coming to the NA servers.)

Most of the latest games cannot even match against this game as many fall short on longevity of the gameplay.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 27, 2017
    Haha oh my, what a derail I have caused. Shame on me!

Okay I'll get myself back on topic:
    Well, we all die eventually. Games die. People die. Companies die. Plants die. Stars die. The sun will die. Humanity will die. This is the way life works. Everything leads to death.

It is not like what you are saying is not true, but....it holds true for everything and is quite obvious. We have gone from the relatively worrying of saying goodbye soon to saying goodbye eventually.

It is never a matter of purely "if", but "when", but I find such discussion to hasten the end as well as waste time dancing around a dark subject.
    I just do not care, and I do not see why you and I should. I cannot stand to see people waste time on being depressed over certainties we have no real control over. Instead of thinking about our eventual end, why not think of our already happening journey?

This is powerful.

Yes, lets reinforce 'everything dies' to substantiate a point. How original. XD
    KororeFoolieCoole
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Just die already.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Depends on dem profits.

giphy.gif

Korore
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    -removed-

Oh okay. Lol rip. Must have been very inappropriate since the whole post got removed.

Oh no Koro removed the post, we didn't touch it.
    It was just about why she decided to leave the game and vfm team.

It is a little off topic though, so how about we just go back to the original all topic, but also try to be a little more respectful to others.
    Korore
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Dealer wrote: »
    -removed-

Oh no Koro removed the post, we didn't touch it.
    It was just about why she decided to leave the game and vfm team.

It is a little off topic though, so how about we just go back to the original all topic, but also try to be a little more respectful to others.

I thought we were back to the topic, but I see you found a shovel ;P
    Greta
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    I thought there would be more of an option instead of 1 to 5 years :^( that doesn't really give an accurate idea of what people think imo.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Pan wrote: »
    Just die already.

Why? :(
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited May 27, 2017
    Twelie wrote: »
    I thought there would be more of an option instead of 1 to 5 years :^( that doesn't really give an accurate idea of what people think imo.

Like 7 years, 4 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 6 mins.. err 5 mins?
    FoolieCooleNilrem
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Sai wrote: »
    Twelie wrote: »

Like 7 years, 4 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 6 mins.. err 5 mins?

It has been foretold.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    It is very true that Mab will die one day (though I still hope not for a while), but as many people have pointed out, it's all pure speculation and it could carry on for much longer than any of us are currently speculating. I have a friend who currently views the game as close to death, but in my short time back, I see it's still fairly well alive. (We are from the Alexina server.)
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    anyone who says 'mabi's population is not declining' is in denial, it definitely is :\
    idk how long the game will survive though. imo NA mabi needs some TLC to feel 'healthy' again.
    GakkuriaquaTwelie