Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How many more years do you think Mabi has left?

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 30, 2017
    The graphics don't need to be updated the game looks good enough as it is. However upgrading the graphics for newb hairs and older outfits would be nice, might actually get more players into the game and more money for nexon... Hint. Hint.
    GretaFabeCrimsọnNamiriTwelieBuffalosNilremZeoHawkleaf
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    How many more days do you think this thread has left? Cause i'm tired of seeing it already lol.
    KageitoXiokunZeo
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited May 30, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    How many more days do you think this thread has left? Cause i'm tired of seeing it already lol.

Its the new last post wins thread.
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited May 30, 2017
    This thread might last longer than mabi.
    Random quoting error edit.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Me too. This thread makes the game look bad. :|
    GretaKageitoXiokunZeo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    There is a difference between high quality graphics and graphical style. It is like saying games like Terraria or Stardew Valley need to update their graphical qualities. You're missing the freaking point. Not everything has to or should be Black Desert Online quality.
    GretaKageitoArjuneNilremHawkleafKaiwyth
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Not everything has to or should be Black Desert Online quality.

I think people just want the older models to be updated to be on par with the current ones, I don't think they're asking for an overhaul to that extreme.

Me though, I just want humans and elves to have updated models like the Giants got tbh. I'm tired of these ugly N64 block hands with the fingers just painted on and absolutely no muscle tone unless I wear my Basic Briefs. You'd think hauling around all these heavy weapons and using bows would tone us up a bit! xD

Currently it's like...

Humans and elves                       Giants
       OtmDMU2.png                    BgYMn9X.png
    ArjuneTwelieBuffalosZeo
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I agree with Blissfulkill! My friend had to majorly convince me to try Minecraft because I was like "the game looks like crap... what's with those graphics??" and the instant I logged in I couldn't stop playing til 3 AM. and every night after that was similar for several months XD It was so addictive. so yeah graphics isn't everything
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Graphics certainly isn't everything. I tried BDO and it was meh.
    Blade and Soul was okay.
    Aura Kingdom was near terrible.
    All those mmorpgs had great graphic but had not only worse problems with afk but with people flat out not talking to you. And when they did, they said you had to be end game to talk to people! What? :U
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 30, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Graphics certainly isn't everything. I tried BDO and it was meh.
    Blade and Soul was okay.
    Aura Kingdom was near terrible.
    All those mmorpgs had great graphic but had not only worse problems with afk but with people flat out not talking to you. And when they did, they said you had to be end game to talk to people! What? :U

Same. Tried these games too. The graphics and combat looks really nice... But! I didn't find anyone to talk to, everyone just rushes into combat and says nothing at all, there was a lot of botters who would break games economy drastically, most players in community were rude, toxic and huge whiners. Everything i did was running around, killing and gathering stuff for NPC's like an errand girl...
    I would totally want Mabinogi to take only one thing from these games - it's character customization. The variety of options in customization is really admirable, i always ended up spending at least 15-20 minutes to finally decide how i want my character to look like in those games lol.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I would totally want Mabinogi to take only one thing from these games - it's character customization. The variety of options in customization is really admirable, i always ended up spending at least 15-20 minutes to finally decide how i want my character to look like in those games lol.

yes definitely. I've played games where it literally took me an HOUR to make the character and then I barely played the game for that long before ditching it. some games have really great character customization but everything else is meh

Greta
    edited May 30, 2017
    Aura Kingdom is mostly terrible because Aeria is the evil corporate twin to Nexon. Not that Nexon is good or not corporate, but Aeria games is terrible, and ranks with Rockstar on GTA V Online in terms of nonsensical bans, among other things.

I do want to see texture updates, but I was criticizing Sheena' suggestion that we "update the engine" in a way that implies we could enact small changes to Pleione, which is an engine not many people are familiar with, especially to its usage over a decade, as if were that easy or done in that way, to get extremely effective graphical changes.

No, no it is not. You may as well launch Mabinogi 2 and create an entirely new engine. It isn't that we cannot improve it, because we obviously can, as Yiankutku stated,but going back to tweak an engine would be much harder, less efficient, and less effective than rebuilding it from the ground up.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Aura Kingdom is mostly terrible because Aeria is the evil corporate twin to Nexon. Not that Nexon is good or not corporate, but Aeria games is terrible, and ranks with Rockstar on GTA V Online in terms of nonsensical bans, among other things.

Personally, I don't hate Aura Kingdom because of who it's owned by, I hate Aura Kingdom because it has a stale story, a stale character customization, and even staler combat. I loved Blade and Soul's combat but eugh... it's players! If I see ANY IN THE FIRST PLACE, they never talk, and if they do talk, it's a sassy response, especially if you ask a question. It's like, "dude go look it up it's not that hard". And people on Mabinogi complain about population size HERE? Compared to Blade and Soul I think Mabinogi's packed to the brim.

All Mabinogi needs is some smoothing around the edges, glitch fixes, and advertising. < u>
    edited May 30, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

Personally, I don't hate Aura Kingdom because of who it's owned by, I hate Aura Kingdom because it has a stale story, a stale character customization, and even staler combat. I loved Blade and Soul's combat but eugh... it's players! If I see ANY IN THE FIRST PLACE, they never talk, and if they do talk, it's a sassy response, especially if you ask a question. It's like, "dude go look it up it's not that hard". And people on Mabinogi complain about population size HERE? Compared to Blade and Soul I think Mabinogi's packed to the brim.

All Mabinogi needs is some smoothing around the edges, glitch fixes, and advertising. < u>

You imply I hate it for who owns it, rather than how they act. Once they ban due to an "irregular purchase flow", then I would argue they are indeed asshats. A great game cannot be realized if the company is extremely incompetent or money grubbing. However, the lack of knockback and suspicious number key spamming you might see in anything from Runescape to Scarlet Blade is also quite a factor, alongside a lackluster tutorial that even I couldn't quite understand, with meaningless numbers that act more as technobabble.

I mostly stayed for the cosmetics, which lead to my demise.

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Until something else comes around to fill in that extremely niche hole that Mabi has shoved itself into, the game'll be around. That's pretty much how it's going to be, since the game is apparently doing -somewhat- decent in Korea.
    YianKutKu wrote: »
    Currently it's like...

Humans and elves                       Giants
       OtmDMU2.png                    BgYMn9X.png

This graphic is pretty accurate tbh.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited May 30, 2017

I think people just want the older models to be updated to be on par with the current ones, I don't think they're asking for an overhaul to that extreme.

Me though, I just want humans and elves to have updated models like the Giants got tbh. I'm tired of these ugly N64 block hands with the fingers just painted on and absolutely no muscle tone unless I wear my Basic Briefs. You'd think hauling around all these heavy weapons and using bows would tone us up a bit! xD

I think there's possibly many who like it the way it currently is though. Since not everyone wants Humans and Elves to look all crazy muscular and ultra manly like Giants. Because if even Humans and Elves were all like that then it would make those recent Eluned outfits look just as creepy on them as they do on Giants...
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

]

If this is what they meant, then I'm fine with a graphical update. Of course, all of the races still need to have their own sort of style. Maybe even work on some model clipping?
    Twelie
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    In all honesty this is one of my favourite games even if I don't really play it much. It's just so unique with no item restrictions, no classes, Lack of "get me this item 50 times for like every single quest zone". It's not a perfect game but it's still one of the best ones i've played. When you think MMO you think "WoW clone" basic quests, boring gameplay, item restrictions on everything so that you have to throw away all your old gear with every level you get.

Sure other mmos are trying with telegraphs and boss mechanics. But this game is going on 15 years old and has unique gameplay that almost no other MMO has you don't just stand there and push buttons 1-9 until the enemy dies hoping you don't take enough damage to survive. You plan ahead, observe, and act accordingly. If only other companies would adapt gameplay like this in a different or more updated format. Video games might actually become fun and more interesting again. Instead of countless amounts of MMOs that are basically just reskins of each other. I could go on forever about how Mabi is such a great game and how its Unique. I just wish that people could see this game more and play it more.
    Greta
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I want someone to name a MMO where you do not sit in place and soak damage while hitting a sequence of HittingSkill1 to HittingSkill9 until target dies.
    XiokunFreebirdPolicroma
  • XiokunXiokun
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I want someone to name a MMO where you do not sit in place and soak damage while hitting a sequence of HittingSkill1 to HittingSkill9 until target dies.

You deserve a trophy. This is why I can't play any other mmorpg but Mabinogi for a long period of time. That annoys me to no end. All these fancy trailers of cool super sparkly graphics and people fighting with awesome skills all to jump in the game, spend an hour on character creation, and then oh look! More predictable story and fetch quests with smash-the-number-keys repeatedly combat.

But the only mmorpg I can think of where you DON'T do that... is Onigiri. At least you can dodge and hop and skip around a lot more than your typical mmorpg. But the TOTAL lack of character customization really peaves me. :S
    Freebird