Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are we getting the giant revamp/Winter Warrior update

SindustSindust
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited May 25, 2017 in General Chat
I've been looking into the giant renewal update that the Korean Servers had, and I must say that it excites me! Some restrictions on giant skills have been taken off, as well as the fact that you can fly in places like Tir, Dunbarton, Dugald Aisle and Gareich Hills. I want to know if this update is coming to the North American Server; and if so, when might that be?

Giants would be able to fight the way they were always meant to!

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 25, 2017
    The only way we would not get the update is if the game closed. I mean, what else is there but the eventual game updates specifically for the game of Mabinogi itself?

The giant update is new, but it is not a sale, an event, or anything about a crossover It is a large revamp of existing systems specifically in this game. Why wouldn't we get it? The question is "when?"

There is a possibility we would not, but then Nexon would have to figure something out, and Korea is not keen to let the NA department actually do updates of such huge significance.
  • SindustSindust
    See, that's what I was thinking, I'm just really worried that it won't happen. To be able to fly in Tir has been my dream! If I were to guess, I'd say it would come out in the Fall or Winter of this year.

To be fair though, I don't know how long it typically takes for Korean updates to come to the NA server, so that is my "uneducated" guess.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    We're probably a month of two behind in the updates, but with Memento still in the wind, I'm not sure. All we can do now is be patient. Personally, I can't wait either. =3
  • SindustSindust
    Oh I didn't even know about Memento until now. That means we are more behind than I thought. Ahhh I know its extremely unlikely but, it certainly would be cool if they just put both those updates together xD

Thatsprobablyaskingfortoomuchthough
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    We still have the Memento and the GM revamp update we need to get first before we can get the giant revamp one... but of course, it doesn't mean anything because sometime we get certain content first before others (like how we got Eweca update first before the Potential Level system).
  • LeineiLeinei
    I imagine Memento is a much more intricate update than what we've gotten so far and perhaps there have been issues with it in Korea that they wanted to fix before bringing it over. Either that or content that has a seasonal theme to it, so it hasn't seemed right to release it yet.
  • SindustSindust
    Makes sense. I am just too hyped about the giant revamp. Way too hyped. It's all I can think about.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    there is a lot of stuff we have to get first, i am kinda expecting to see memento on the summer break, but who knows.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Its kind of funny, about the giant update; mainly, with the change to Stomp that lets you choose when to use it after loading, and selecting the direction by clicking; that's how it originally was.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Its kind of funny, about the giant update; mainly, with the change to Stomp that lets you choose when to use it after loading, and selecting the direction by clicking; that's how it originally was.

Yeah I guess they realized what complete morons they were to remove that feature LOL and giant players probably also complained

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890

Yeah I guess they realized what complete morons they were to remove that feature LOL and giant players probably also complained

• SindustSindust
    Arjune wrote: »

I basically never use stomp because the timing in battle is never right for it, as well as the fact that it never hits the enemy I want it to hit. It's quite awkward. As of right now, the only reason to have it at r1 is for the strength it gives.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Wait.. it's still not out? Ah, then I'll be waiting.
    Once it does I guess it gives me a reason to get back onto my giant character that I never use lol
  • SindustSindust
    Sherri wrote: »
    Wait.. it's still not out? Ah, then I'll be waiting.
    Once it does I guess it gives me a reason to get back onto my giant character that I never use lol

Ahhhh if the giant revamp were out in the North America servers, we giants would be spamming that windguard+fullswing+charge business. I believe that update also includes some new armor and weapons(not sure if they are giant-only or not?). If anyone can find pictures of the new armor and weapons, please let me know because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Side note, as mentioned earlier, I guess we're more likely to be getting the Memento update first? Gah.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    It's a question of when our Korean overlords deign to let us have it, not an if.

Don't expect anything massively game-changing, though. If you're one of those people who're bored of the game and only come back periodically to check out new updates (basically half the people still around are in "AFK until new content" mode), you won't be back for long.
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    yknow i kinda hate that theres separate servers and one of the servers ahead because then news from them come out and people suddenly get impatient and stuff, not saying you're doing it but some people get really upset and elitist when it comes to things like this
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    our updates here are few months late, but we will eventually get it (if nothing wrong happens)
  • SindustSindust
    Ah I feel much better knowing that Memento is coming out June 15th for us :)
    I predict we will get the giant update in August or September!
  • LeineiLeinei
    That would be good. =D
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited June 1, 2017
    As someone who mains giant race, I'm looking forward to it as well.
    The extra mobility the update gives to them is great.