Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make outfits unisex

Comments

• GrenesborrowGrenesborrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    If they did go back and reamp the outfits to make them wearable for everybody, that would ideal, but also a lot of work :/. They could probably change the clothes that npcs sell and future clothes items to be unisex.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    It sounds more like a lot of people just want more variety, which is completely understandable (cause the skirt action in this game is fetish levels of ridiculous), but everything being unisex is unrealistic and time wasting to be honest because that would take alot of time to try and do.
  • CraftkidCraftkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    1. Maybe make new items unisex compatible or just make a male and female version everytime new outfits come out
    2. We need more outfits with shorts for both males and females... what is it with long pants and robes everywhere...
    3. consider maybe creating alternative gender versions of certain outfits every two or three months... that way it has less chance of impacting on more important game issues
  • PikalPikal
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    My only concern with this is the Sambra outfit for females, on male giants *Shudders*

I would like to sport the Shaman wig for males though
    Xiokun
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    @Tairiku unrealistic? Seriously? Go to the store buy a skirt and you can put it on...go to the store buy a wig and you can put it on...go to the store buy ANYTHING AND YOU CAN PUT IT ON! Only way I will agree with you being unrealistic is if you meant it as "There's no way they will go through with this"

I will agree they can't go back and change old costumes cause that would be insane and unnecessary, but it really isn't that hard to make a male and female model of an outfit.

Male: Reduce the boobage...wow so hard!
    Female: Increase the boobage...wow so hard!
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Amelina wrote: »
    @Tairiku unrealistic? Seriously? Go to the store buy a skirt and you can put it on...go to the store buy a wig and you can put it on...go to the store buy ANYTHING AND YOU CAN PUT IT ON! Only way I will agree with you being unrealistic is if you meant it as "There's no way they will go through with this"

I will agree they can't go back and change old costumes cause that would be insane and unnecessary, but it really isn't that hard to make a male and female model of an outfit.

Male: Reduce the boobage...wow so hard!
    Female: Increase the boobage...wow so hard!

Yup, just talking about pre-existing outfits. I will say certain things on the male or female body aren't flattering, but that isn't worth getting into on here.
  • DaekesanDaekesan
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I just want to be a guy wearing a skirt cause it's in my blood. They come out with Eluned outfits, but they change the female variations so they have PANTS? Why?? Just make non-gender restrictions a thing please.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Daekesan wrote: »
    I just want to be a guy wearing a skirt cause it's in my blood. They come out with Eluned outfits, but they change the female variations so they have PANTS? Why?? Just make non-gender restrictions a thing please.

Well not just that. But the pants look ugly and lacking in proper textures too. If they felt the short skirt on the original female version was too much then they should have just gave the Eluned male version a longer skirt instead of really ugly looking pants. Not to mention adding pants feels like it defeats the whole purpose of the Eluned outfits. Given I was under the impression the main draw to these Eluned outfits is that it lets females wear male outfits and males wear female outfits.
    Xiokun
  • TotonoTotono
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Totono wants male outfits! There isn't many outfits left for me to get that fit my flat chest only style.
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited June 1, 2017
    It would be great if at the very least all wigs and hairstyles could be unisex. Since unlike outfits which need to be remodeled it's not like hairs require any sort of remodeling to be used by the opposite gender. So it's really quite a pointless restriction to have in my opinion.

Though honestly the same could be said about various other different equips with similar pointless restrictions. Such as all headwear in general, handheld equips, gloves, or even shoes.
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Been suggesting for years that Nexon/Devcat offer a premium that changes the gender/race of a clothing item.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Nanoca wrote: »
    Been suggesting for years that Nexon/Devcat offer a premium that changes the gender/race of a clothing item.

That would be something entirely different from what people are suggesting and asking for in this thread though. We're not talking about being able to change female outfits into the male equivalent of that item or vice versa. What people in this thread are asking for are less gender restricted items and more unisex stuff.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 6, 2017
    Nanoca wrote: »

This could potentially satisfy both players and Nexon however. They'd still have to do the work to make sure the equipment can be used by the other gender, but they can still make money off of it.

Also, are you saying that the following items should be allowed for females as is: Syncretic Tattoo and Jeans; Simple Jeans; Wild Tattoo and Jeans. While most outfits could be fine for either gender, or even releasing versions for the other gender (use @Sheena's post for female Carpentry Clothes, cause I think that's cute) can work. Not all outfits will work. You will not get to see females using those three outfits for obvious reasons. (At least I hope it's obvious)
  • SplinkerSplinker
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    As a player who has changed their character's gender countless times over the years, I fully support this.

Here's probably the best example of what they've done for making a unisex outfit. http://wiki.mabi.world/view/Premium_Newbie_Summer_Ensemble