Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How much do you spend on gachas?

DaekesanDaekesan
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in General Chat
I'm genuinely curious to see what the average player spends on gachas.
So here's the questions: How much do you spend when a new gacha initially comes out, and are you satisfied with what you get?
Answer the first in the polls, answer the latter in the comments.

As for me, I spend about $15 avergae on new gachas but the only time I enjoy the items I receive is when I buy just the normal Eweca Orbs. I got a pair of monochrome doms and white angel wings from regular Eweca but nothing from the wing boxes oddly enough.
  1. How much do you spend on gachas?46 votes
    1. I spend only $5.
       13% (6 votes)
    2. I spend $10-$20.
       46% (21 votes)
    3. I spend $30 to $100.
       20% (9 votes)
    4. I spend $100-$200.
       4% (2 votes)
    5. I give my paycheck.
       17% (8 votes)

Comments

• FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Depends on the gacha. I went a little crazy on the pet gacha. Most of the time just 15-30 if it interests me.
    Daekesan
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 4, 2017
    Where's the option for "I don't buy gacha?" The only gacha I ever buy are orbs sometimes if im lazy (exploration exp) or maybe a few if I have leftover nx from something else (like a r4/r5 enchant succeeding first try) lol
    HarukariGretaSiodhanIyasenuSplatulated
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    2 much. I've lost count.
    DaekesanPudgyHamsterBippi
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Honestly, my luck is so bad that I'm genuinely surprised when I get some good items from gacha. I just buy $10-$20 worth to see what I can get, and if it's not anything that great, I sell the things I don't want, and save up for the thing I do want. I think the only gacha I've played where I got the item I wanted, the Twilight Glass Wings, was in the gacha it first appeared in, I can't remember which one.
    Daekesan
  • DaekesanDaekesan
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Honestly, my luck is so bad that I'm genuinely surprised when I get some good items from gacha. I just buy $10-$20 worth to see what I can get, and if it's not anything that great, I sell the things I don't want, and save up for the thing I do want. I think the only gacha I've played where I got the item I wanted, the Twilight Glass Wings, was in the gacha it first appeared in, I can't remember which one.

Very interesting input, much appreciated :)
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    0. never will
    Spiritika
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't buy gacha. Never did and never will. I only buy gacha that gives you 100% chance that you will end up with something new. So yeah, i only buy pet gacha or something like Shuffle gacha that gives you random outfit bag.
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    I usually buy 1 batch of the newest gacha ($15), just to see where my luck takes me. Usually aiming more towards selling the items for gold. Lately new stuff in gacha's haven't interested me except this current one, the Carmen's Performance Prop Box. I spent $100 trying to get just the Eluned Mortello's suit.. But it seems to be extremely rare on Ruairi.. :|
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I've been spending less and less on gacha and more on McDonalds and stuffed animals. :3
    VioletBoySplatulatedBippi
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Depends on the gacha. I went a little crazy on the pet gacha. Most of the time just 15-30 if it interests me.

Same here. Normally I may buy a 15 pack gacha, but with that pet one I spent nearly $100 :#
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited June 5, 2017
    In total around $500 maybe.
    But it's been about 6 years since I gave them a dime.
    My original account got stuck locked out do to one of their password reset events. They never fixed it sooo yeah.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I've been spending less and less on gacha and more on McDonalds and stuffed animals. :3

Are you me? :o
    Xiokun
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

Are you me? :o

Maybe we're long lost mabi-siblings. <u<
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Now that I have a job I spend 30$ on gacha each time there is a new one out. Just one time. If the drop rate is good I will try again if not, then I wait till the next one.
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765

darn it Xio stop being adorable.

I don't buy gacha like that since i don't have the money. I believe i only brought the recent pet gacha and i think the saga. tooo long to remember.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

I mean, potions are nice and all, but I don't need to pay my actual money for that when I can literally craft my own in my homestead.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    On gacha?
    Nothing, at least for a long time.

Now guaranteed stuff, like Pet Sales (not including pet gacha-type things), and Outfit Bags (not those random shuffle card ones either), I've spent on those.
    But I'm not really interested in gachapons.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    See most people spend 10-20 and get nothing. Nexon just release the special outfit or items for 20 bucks each. You would more than likely make way more money.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    The only time I ever buy gacha is when the planets and stars align in the shape of a spoon on the full moon of a Saturday night during a moderately light rain followed by the sound of 3 car horns in the span of a single minute while at home.

In other words, almost never. I only buy gacha when I either want a variety of the more common items or want a featured item and have spare money and nothing to save for in the next month or two.

I find it much easier to just save gold for the stuff I want. Why bother with RNG if I can just check the market?

Most money I spend on this game is to get Pon for Style Tab.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Gaea wrote: »
    See most people spend 10-20 and get nothing. Nexon just release the special outfit or items for 20 bucks each. You would more than likely make way more money.

I'd only see them do this if it a minor outfit/item while keeping more sought out items at low rate gacha cause that would make them the most money.