Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fixed Color Dye - Where to Find?

MaiaMaia
Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
in Help
cdcf968772.jpg

I'm specifically looking for where this gold regular dye comes from. Does anyone know?

Comments

• SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    There's a chance to get it from synthesising two other dyes. But it's so random it'll probably take hundreds of thousands. Maybe you could pull it from a yellow dye thing you get with saga coupons.
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    That exact color code can't come from synthing, so it came out of some gacha or reward box.
    May have come out of one of the dye sets themed after the various "Hero" NPCs like Merlin and stuff.
  • MaiaMaia
    Hmm I'm just curious where exactly it came from. We came across 2 in a shop from the same guy, so I doubt it was something like synth and RRM said that the color code can't come from synthing anyway.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I've gotten duplicate colours from dye synthing before, but I don't think I've seen that particular gold either.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    RRM wrote: »
    That exact color code can't come from synthing, so it came out of some gacha or reward box.
    May have come out of one of the dye sets themed after the various "Hero" NPCs like Merlin and stuff.

That's very possible. Maybe the Treasure Hunter Dye set? I also feel like the dye may have come out in a gacha around Christmas or earlier in the year, but just can't place which one atm.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    That's gacha dye definitely. I bought few same color dye, but metal ones for my light armor and they were indeed from gacha.
  • MaiaMaia
    Greta wrote: »
    That's gacha dye definitely. I bought few same color dye, but metal ones for my light armor and they were indeed from gacha.

Yeah the metal ones are way more common and I know where those are from (gacha). The regular one is a lot more rare though it seems and doesn't necessarily come from the same place.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    How does one know if a color can come from synthing or not? Is there a color range?
  • MaiaMaia
    How does one know if a color can come from synthing or not? Is there a color range?

Not sure but I can confirm that the dye does not come from treasure hunter dye sets. So the question is still out on where this dye comes from.
    Shoog
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    This is the gacha I was thinking it came from, since there is a metal dye of the exact same color code, it's just there isn't a regular fixed dye of that color listed. Then again, we've had plenty of gacha released that doesn't always have everything new listed on announcement pages.

mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/6/00J3D/frozen-heart-and-sweetheart-dye-gachapons

This is like a mystery that needs to be solved lol.
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Synthing dyes generates a new dye (in the same way that items are normally generated in-game), and dyes use the cloth palette to roll their colors. So dye synthing has the same color palette as using a minigame dye on a normal cloth item (as that also uses the cloth palette).

Note that items coming out of gachas often have set color overrides, which is why gacha dyes are often color codes you can't find normally.

#BB9955 doesn't exist on the cloth palette so that exact color can't be generated normally, but #BC8F55, #BF9259, #C19257, #C39356, and #BB8D52 are all color codes that are visually similar, and do exist on the cloth palette so they can be a substitution.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    RRM wrote: »
    Synthing dyes generates a new dye (in the same way that items are normally generated in-game), and dyes use the cloth palette to roll their colors. So dye synthing has the same color palette as using a minigame dye on a normal cloth item (as that also uses the cloth palette).

Note that items coming out of gachas often have set color overrides, which is why gacha dyes are often color codes you can't find normally.

#BB9955 doesn't exist on the cloth palette so that exact color can't be generated normally, but #BC8F55, #BF9259, #C19257, #C39356, and #BB8D52 are all color codes that are visually similar, and do exist on the cloth palette so they can be a substitution.

Ahhhhhh ok. That makes sense now. I was wondering how people seem to know which colors were synthable so easily. :D I was so sure it was because you all are magic.