Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need help with skills such as...

ArcataArcata
Mabinogi Rep: 875
edited June 5, 2017 in Help
Hi... I recently started playing this game..
I want to know how to tame and how to get taming skills and transforming skills...
Oh also how to transform...
thanks

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited June 4, 2017
    there are two taming skills in the game, normal taming done with a taming cane and bait and allows you to have one monster serving you at once. next is the dark knight taming skill which only dark knight players can use. dark knights can tame up to 4 or 5 monsters at one time by using a special fomor scroll in your inventory. you can buy these special scrolls from Stewart at Dunbarton magic school after you have become a dark knight but they do not appear in his shop unless you already are a dark knight. if you want to get started on normal taming go to Cor Village in the Iria continent and go to Tupai to get a taming cane and bait. you can get to Cor Village by using your moonlight traveler book if you are under lvl 1k or you can ask someone to take you there. to get dark knight taming simply become a dark knight. after you beat G1, G2, G3 story quests humans will get a additional quest line that leads to becoming a dark knight. if you are a elf or giant you can't become a dark knight as they will not get the additional quest after G1 through G3 is beaten.

transformation mastery skill is also learned in Cor Village so talk to Shamala to learn it. you will have to hunt monsters all over the game to lvl the skill but it is very fun turning into animals and monsters plus lvling the skill itself gives nice hp and stamina boosts. to find monsters ask friends or just search their name at http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com as the transformation journal in game does not always provide as accurate locations and areas to find the monster your looking for.
    Arcata
  • ArcataArcata
    Negumiko wrote: »
    there are two taming skills in the game, normal taming done with a taming cane and bait and allows you to have one monster serving you at once. next is the dark knight taming skill which only dark knight players can use. dark knights can tame up to 4 or 5 monsters at one time by using a special fomor scroll in your inventory. you can buy these special scrolls from Stewart at Dunbarton magic school after you have become a dark knight but they do not appear in his shop unless you already are a dark knight. if you want to get started on normal taming go to Cor Village in the Iria continent and go to Tupai to get a taming cane and bait. you can get to Cor Village by using your moonlight traveler book if you are under lvl 1k or you can ask someone to take you there. to get dark knight taming simply become a dark knight. after you beat G1, G2, G3 story quests humans will get a additional quest line that leads to becoming a dark knight. if you are a elf or giant you can't become a dark knight as they will not get the additional quest after G1 through G3 is beaten.

transformation mastery skill is also learned in Cor Village so talk to Shamala to learn it. you will have to hunt monsters all over the game to lvl the skill but it is very fun turning into animals and monsters plus lvling the skill itself gives nice hp and stamina boosts. to find monsters ask friends or just search their name at http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com as the transformation journal in game does not always provide as accurate locations and areas to find the monster your looking for.

After becoming dark knight, I can still use other skills too, right??
    also, is taming animals is only temporary? T^T
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited June 4, 2017
    yes, you can still use any fighting style as dark knight. taming is just their special skill. it can only be used while you are transformed as a dark knight however it far better then the normal taming skill. if you have monsters tamed with the dark knight skill you can't use normal taming until dark knight taming wears off. taming wears off after maybe 5 to 7 minutes depending on the monster and can be canceled earlier by going through a moon gate or using continent warp. dark knight taming can simply be canceled earlier by canceling your dark knight transformation. monsters tamed using the dark knight taming skill will still follow you even if you continent warp or go through a moon gate until the skill wears off or you cancel it.
    Arcata
  • ArcataArcata
    yes, you can still use any fighting style as dark knight. taming is just their special skill. it can only be used while you are transformed as a dark knight however it far better then the normal taming skill. if you have monsters tamed with the dark knight skill you can't use normal taming until dark knight taming wears off. taming wears off after maybe 5 to 7 minutes depending on the monster and can be canceled earlier by going through a moon gate or using continent warp. dark knight taming can simply be canceled earlier by canceling your dark knight transformation. monsters tamed using the dark knight taming skill will still follow you even if you continent warp or go through a moon gate until the skill wears off or you cancel it.

Hmm... so taming is usually 7-10 mins long???
    btw thx for info :)
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 5, 2017
    Arcata wrote: »

Dark Knight is one of two special (temporary) transformations available to human characters. In G2, humans become Paladins, elves become falcon something, and giants are beasts? I don't have an elf or giant transformation. After G3, humans get a quest chain that allows them to become a Dark Knight. If you do this quest chain and choose to become a Dark Knight, you cannot return to being a Paladin. All of these have a limited duration and can only be used once(?) per in game day. Each of them also have a unique skill, such as Dark Knight taming, except for the Paladin.

As for the transformation mastery, Shamala also sells Dream Catchers, which you will need to transform into the various creatures and also boosts the capture rate. These transformations last until you change to another form or end.

I would change the name of this thread as it's more about two skills, rather than pets. Unfortunately, taming doesn't give you more pets.
  • ArcataArcata
    Sylek wrote: »

Dark Knight is one of two special (temporary) transformations available to human characters. In G2, humans become Paladins, elves become falcon something, and giants are beasts? I don't have an elf or giant transformation. After G3, humans get a quest chain that allows them to become a Dark Knight. If you do this quest chain and choose to become a Dark Knight, you cannot return to being a Paladin. All of these have a limited duration and can only be used once(?) per in game day. Each of them also have a unique skill, such as Dark Knight taming, except for the Paladin.

As for the transformation mastery, Shamala also sells Dream Catchers, which you will need to transform into the various creatures and also boosts the capture rate. These transformations last until you change to another form or end.

I would change the name of this thread as it's more about two skills, rather than pets. Unfortunately, taming doesn't give you more pets.

wait, so what does paladin do?? (i guess dark knight is better???) Dream carchers? sounds interesting.... I want to know what falcons does too xP
    (Elves? I heard they are fast walkers but idk much about em....)
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    wait, so what does paladin do?? (i guess dark knight is better???) Dream carchers? sounds interesting.... I want to know what falcons does too xP
    A Paladin is the transformation that humans get once they finish G2. They do not have any transformation specific skill, unlike the Dark Knights with their taming skill. Elves gain a Falcon transformation that is the equivalent to a human's Paladin or Dark Knight trans, and is also obtained from finishing G2. Giants get a Savage Beast transformation, also equivalent to a human's trans. If you would like to know more about elves and giants, the wiki link someone quoted earlier can give you more information. You can also go to Filia or Vales in Iria and talk to the respective leaders of those towns, Castenea or King Krug, and pledge your alliance to elves or giants, thus gaining a free elf or giant character card that you can use to make a new elf or giant character.

A dream catcher is the item use have to use to be able to transform into different NPC's or monsters. You will eventually get a quest for Transformation Mastery that will have you talk to Shamala in Cor Village. By completing the quest, you will gain the Transformation Mastery skill. Shamala should give you a dream catcher for free, there is no need to go and buy one.

Arcata
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

As @Yokkaichi mentioned, the Paladin is the only one without an active skill. However, each of the different transformations get different stat boosts while using the transformation. There's only really a choice for humans, though, since they have the choice of becoming a Dark Knight. One definite advantage to Dark Knights is that their transformation can last a lot longer. After a set amount of time, they start to lose hp and will lose the transformation when they hit 0 (does not mean they die). The advantage to this is that they can still be healed, prolonging the transformation.
    Obtaining the free elf or giant character card will only work if you are human. I don't think you ever stated what race you actually are.
    Arcata
  • ArcataArcata

As @Yokkaichi mentioned, the Paladin is the only one without an active skill. However, each of the different transformations get different stat boosts while using the transformation. There's only really a choice for humans, though, since they have the choice of becoming a Dark Knight. One definite advantage to Dark Knights is that their transformation can last a lot longer. After a set amount of time, they start to lose hp and will lose the transformation when they hit 0 (does not mean they die). The advantage to this is that they can still be healed, prolonging the transformation.
    Obtaining the free elf or giant character card will only work if you are human. I don't think you ever stated what race you actually are.

I'm human race xP (so slow walkers..... ;_; )