Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why are bandit homesteads so nice?

MaiaMaia
Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
edited June 4, 2017 in General Chat
While I'm stuck living in a wasteland they get a nice view and a stream to boot!

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Because they stole their way to getting that homestead, of course.
    badnewsbarrettRaishiiShoogAeolysRadiant DawnAlexisEUTentacle
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    As I said before, I wish we could do something about that desert. I don't care if it's covered in grass or an ocean, get rid of that ugly background.
    DanievictriaSpiritikaTwelie
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I wish the bandit homesteads were accessible to players, even if you got less building space.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 4, 2017
    Rumor goes...those are abandoned homestead belonging to ex-GM's. Bandits are just squatting.
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Yes, can we have similar backgrounds? Mountains..or something, Just get rid of those barren wasteland that we have no access to.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 5, 2017
    No idea why they ever thought that putting homesteads in the middle of a vast totally barren wasteland was a good idea to begin with. Especially given there's no way to go about changing that background to something else more visually appealing. Heck they could even just make it a cash shop item you need to buy to do background changes! There would surely be profits to be hand for Nexon in doing so. Since it seems unlikely they would be motivated to do anything about it otherwise.
  • MaiaMaia
    Namiri wrote: »
    No idea why they ever thought that putting homesteads in the middle of a vast totally barren wasteland was a good idea to begin with. Especially given there's no way to go about changing that background to something else more visually appealing. Heck they could even just make it a cash shop item you need to buy to do background changes! There would surely be profits to be hand for Nexon in doing so. Since it seems unlikely they would be motivated to do anything about it otherwise.

that's actually what I was thinking lol
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I would love to have a background change. I was so jealous of the bandits hs lol.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    We can't have those smelly brigands having such nice things! They don't deserve such scenic views!
  • Crossx2Crossx2
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    It'd be nice if we could pick a terrain to be our background instead of just the biome, at some point. Could do mountains/stream, off the shore of a lake, or on a cliff by the sea, etc.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Crossx2 wrote: »
    It'd be nice if we could pick a terrain to be our background instead of just the biome, at some point. Could do mountains/stream, off the shore of a lake, or on a cliff by the sea, etc.

Pay Pon or otherwise "build" the background. I'd even be willing to use gold or Ducats for something to change it. Being in a dessert might make some sense in Connous, but how does Physis look? (I'm in Uladh and the dessert there is terrible.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 6, 2017
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could divert water to create a river near your homestead? Then because of that water as time goes by it creates lush scenery around your area? We could keep the square sandbox, but around it could be something a little more interactive and fun.

Something like this? (Pardon my crude rushed photoshop).

You divert some water and it makes a small stream...

aML2Zm0.png

Then over time, maybe even after weeks for realism...the stream turns into a river and the desert becomes a lush field.

P5n04Q8.png

Easy peasy. All they have to do is do some gradual texture changes to the area around the homestead. They would barely have to build anything new except turn the dead trees into living ones, and a have a simple flowing river that runs from the horizon to past the other horizon.

Or...just surround the hs in ocean, making it an island!

mkVwNtG.png

Watch this becomes a gacha, ergh!

Looks nicer huh? I should probably put this into the suggestions forum, probably.
    MaiaIyasenuTwelieRadiant DawnJJ
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    I can't help but feel that the only way Nexon would be willing to implement such an idea is if it were to cost NX or Pons. Since that's just how they are and they probably wouldn't see any reason for them to be bothered to do it if there's no profit for them. But even if it were to cost real money I think many people would still pay for it. Since it would be well worth it to change that hideous deserted wasteland into something more visually appealing.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Gaea wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could divert water to create a river near your homestead? Then because of that water as time goes by it creates lush scenery around your area? We could keep the square sandbox, but around it could be something a little more interactive and fun.

aML2Zm0.png

Then over time, maybe even after weeks for realism...the stream turns into a river and the desert becomes a lush field.

P5n04Q8.png

Easy peasy. All they have to do is do some gradual texture changes to the area around the homestead. They would barely have to build anything new except turn the dead trees into living ones, and a have a simple flowing river that runs from the horizon to past the other horizon.

mkVwNtG.png

Looks nicer huh? I should probably put this into the suggestions forum, probably.

To the suggestion thread!
  • MaiaMaia
    @Gaea
    All the yeses
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

aML2Zm0.png

P5n04Q8.png

mkVwNtG.png

To the suggestion thread!

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4700/oasification-for-the-homestead-background?new=1