Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Oasification (For the Homestead background)

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited June 6, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Wouldn't it be cool if you could divert water from somewhere to create a river near your homestead? Then because of that water as time goes by it eventually transforms into a lush scenery around your area? Or at least something better than we have now. We could keep the square sandbox, but around it could be something a little more interactive and pleasing to the eye.

Something like this? (Pardon my crude rushed photoshop).

You divert some water and create a small stream...

aML2Zm0.png

Then over time, maybe even after weeks for realism...the stream turns into a river and the desert becomes not a desert anymore.

P5n04Q8.png

All they have to do is do some gradual texture changes between image A to image B for the area around the homestead. They would barely have to build anything new except turn the dead trees into living ones, and a have a simple flowing river that runs from one horizon to the other.

For the other homesteads that are built elsewhere could have similar effects. For Connous, it could become a little more greener with some palm trees off at the distance, perhaps you would be able to see a small oasis. For Physis players could open up an ice river and pine trees would sprout out here and there. Nothing too cluttered, nothing complicated - they would not be able to place down any kind of props in the area outside of their homesteads. Just something players could have the option of doing around it.

Gaea of Ruairi. ^_^

Watch this becomes a gacha, ergh!
BlissfulkillOpalthiraIyasenuTwelieMirralChanShoogMatchlightFarseerarentaKadalyn[Deleted User]and 1 other.
  1. What do you think?36 votes
    1. Yes!
       92% (33 votes)
    2. No.
       8% (3 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 6, 2017
    I like this idea. But how would we get over there to make and irrigation ditch?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Menu option.

Cutscene.

Or we could go bother Blatt about it, over in Taillteann.
    He helped us get started anyways.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 7, 2017
    We cast Meteor Strike to create massive craters methodologically in the landscape to sculpt a lovely river/pond.
    Or we could use the land-maker action to paint the landscape to our liking.
    Zeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Menu option.

Cutscene.

Yes, there would be a menu option within the homestead for that. Thank you for mentioning that, I forgot to put in that detail.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 7, 2017
    I do rather like the idea of them implementing a way to change the background. However I think the suggestion you've made regarding having it be a gradual change is probably a bit too complex for them to be willing to accept. Given the amount of extra coding such a thing would surely require. If anything it would probably be simpler to have it be an immediate change. Well that and they probably wouldn't be too interested in implementing background changes unless there's money in it for them. Such as selling it for Nx/Pons or sticking it into a gacha.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Well it's a suggestion. If they implement it they will probably make the transformation instant and more than likely will cost pons or will be a homestead ticket of some kind.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited June 7, 2017
    Anything is better than the wasteland we have now....We in Mabi not Fallout ;~;
    CrimsọnNamiriAellZeoSylekAsaluanseAtheist42
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Anything is better than the wasteland we have now....We in Mabi not Fallout ;~;

Nice. :D
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    Love this idea! Please make this happen Nexon !!
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Menu option.

Cutscene.

Indeed. I had a feeling cutscene would allow this, since digging it ourselves would be too bothersome. :(
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Also...can we...maybe have the option to put different background music?

No offense, but I'm really really sick of the homestead theme.
    Asaluanse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Also...can we...maybe have the option to put different background music?

No offense, but I'm really really sick of the homestead theme.

You know, I wish we had the option to stream music from our homesteads somehow.
    WolfandWolf
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    you can change the name of the music file in your mp3 mabi folder to something else and rename the music file you want in its place the old name to get it to play in your homestead or were ever for that matter.
    WolfandWolf
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    edited June 9, 2017
    so the file for the homestead music is called "Private_Farm" i changed this to the file called " intro " which is the old log in music file and changed "intro" to "Private_Farm" its Case sensitive so in order to change the file you have to be exact with the name changing
    or files such as the old "characterSelect" with the Current one "Char_Select" which is on the Character selection menu
    WolfandWolf
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    That's not what I had in mind. Sure you can replace a single track, but what we are referring to is being able to change songs so others can hear them.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Gaea wrote: »
    That's not what I had in mind. Sure you can replace a single track, but what we are referring to is being able to change songs so others can hear them.

While it wouldn't work for you streaming it, it would work for @Wolfandwolf. Maybe try figuring out how to compose it and put it on a score scroll.

There should still be some sort of distinct visual difference between the background and the homestead area, as we currently have with the wasteland, but that wasteland doesn't even make sense. Where in Uladh can you find a desert like that?
    WolfandWolfAtheist42
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Exactly.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 14, 2017
    Sylek wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

While it wouldn't work for you streaming it, it would work for @Wolfandwolf. Maybe try figuring out how to compose it and put it on a score scroll.

There should still be some sort of distinct visual difference between the background and the homestead area, as we currently have with the wasteland, but that wasteland doesn't even make sense. Where in Uladh can you find a desert like that?

deleted

• NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Sylek wrote: »

Yeah, it seriously does make absolutely no sense at all. When Homesteads first came out Physis was just a vast open snowfield and Connous was nothing but vast desert. So in regards to those two their backgrounds at least actually made sense given the region they were in. But nowhere in all of Uladh can you find a vast open ugly barren wasteland. You can find stuff like that in Rano sure. But not Uladh. I mean heck at the very least they could have just put it in the middle of a vast grassy wide open plain instead. Since at least that would have actually made sense and wouldn't be such a wretched eyesore.

Though honestly ever since the revamp that the Physis and Connous got quite awhile back they're not simply just the vast barren open zones they used to be. So at this point I really see no good reason for why they can't implement Homestead background changers now for all regions. Since it wouldn't look out of place for every region to look less barren in the background.

• MielingMieling
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    I think a simple fix to this would be to just add natural walls around the homestead, like how they have them in bandit homesteads.
    OpalthiraAtheist42