Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Massive Lag Spikes?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited March 11, 2018 in Technical Support
Anyone else noticing massive lag spikes? I was in ch1 Ruairi a few minutes ago and it was taking me over ten seconds to load up a shop window. =T

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Same for Ch2 Mari (the market channel).

It makes running things on it, or generally anything else, really annoying.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 6, 2017
    That's distressing that it's not just one server having the issue. Maybe we'll have an early maintenance as a result?
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    yup, tons of lag on tarlach too.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited June 7, 2017
    I was having quite a bit of lag earlier while doing commerce and some pet summon lag as well on Alexina server.
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    Yup lag off and on for me as well Alexina server
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    The lag's been going on for the last several weeks and none of the maintenances so far have addressed the issue.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Obviously we need new servers because maintenance does not help anymore. We used to get such lag only after 2 weeks of no maintenance. Now we get these terrible channel change lags and delays that sometimes make me think that servers are gonna explode any time soon and it was like that since friday already. Come on... Even Mabinogi wiki is dead too. What the hell is going on?
    CrimsọnMirralChanRadiant DawnHarukariNilremZeo
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 7, 2017
    It has been a bit over nine years since Mabinogi launched. How many times do we think they replaced it? If none, even well maintained, the servers are going to have to be at the end of its life cycle.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Obviously we need new servers because maintenance does not help anymore. We used to get such lag only after 2 weeks of no maintenance. Now we get these terrible channel change lags and delays that sometimes make me think that servers are gonna explode any time soon and it was like that since friday already. Come on... Even Mabinogi wiki is dead too. What the hell is going on?

bE6l3QC.gif

But yeah I agree about the new servers. When was the last time we got new servers anyway?
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Glad im not the only one who noticed, ive been getting command lag, rubberbanding a bit, delays in opening widows
    such a pain, thought it was on my side but thankfully its just stupid server-side
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Today on alexina it took me 2 mins to channel change. So awful.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Lag on and off, it's getting old.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited June 7, 2017
    Moonka wrote: »
    Today on alexina it took me 2 mins to channel change. So awful.

Ditto.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yeah - the lag have been getting really bad for about two months now... at least on Alexina server. I even got to the point where it took me 30 seconds to summon/desummon a pet several times now...
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I only feel this on Alexina's market channel. It's seriously bad and isn't something that should be ignored, but I can play perfectly fine on any other channel. For the third time I've said it in each of these threads, have you guys tried doing stuff off your market channels? Or is it not exclusive to your market channel and my mid-US connection is somehow godly?
    Gaea wrote: »
    But yeah I agree about the new servers. When was the last time we got new servers anyway?

Back about when G15 was new, they did a sort of "server stress test" on a different set of servers before they moved live service onto them. So assuming that was indeed a server switch and nothing else has changed, that's about 6 years?
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Still getting the occasional spikes in off channels too
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    This might be a good time to buy new servers. It's almost 10 years and technology continues to grow.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    To be honest i doubt we will get new servers until the ones we have now are 100% dead.
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I only feel this on Alexina's market channel. It's seriously bad and isn't something that should be ignored, but I can play perfectly fine on any other channel. For the third time I've said it in each of these threads, have you guys tried doing stuff off your market channels? Or is it not exclusive to your market channel and my mid-US connection is somehow godly?
    Gaea wrote: »

Back about when G15 was new, they did a sort of "server stress test" on a different set of servers before they moved live service onto them. So assuming that was indeed a server switch and nothing else has changed, that's about 6 years?

I find it happens in other channels too (Tarlach), and the suggestion to CC isn't too helpful. We have people like me who make money through shops, and we have other who play for the social aspect. Having this trade off is why people have left this game before.

It's a real shame things have been allowed to go this far without fixes, but we really need new servers now. We should be invested in especially since we cater to so many different countries.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    hontoowari wrote: »
    I find it happens in other channels too (Tarlach), and the suggestion to CC isn't too helpful. We have people like me who make money through shops, and we have other who play for the social aspect. Having this trade off is why people have left this game before.

I wasn't exactly suggesting CCing: just wanted to know if this issue was on other channels because I haven't seen it off of my server's market channel. If it's happening on all channels, that's a serious server issue. If it's exclusive to a market channel, that's still a serious server issue but one that you can work around until they fix it.
    I understand not wanting to close a shop, but if you're going to let a personal shop make you suffer through actually unplayable lag then you should probably consider only opening shops when you don't plan on running stuff.