Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Men's wear vs Women's wear

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited June 6, 2017 in General Chat
A little fashion census...teehee~

Which is more ur preference?
(Girls clothes. Cuz I play a trap.)
Which do u have more in ur collection?
Sadly, men's clothing since I hoarded more stuff I can actually wear from my earlier days...:( )
Ur favorite outfit among ur wardrobe stash?
Beginner skirt.
  1. If U can only pick one...56 votes
    1. Team Skirt
       30% (17 votes)
    2. Team Pants
       32% (18 votes)
    3. Team shorts
       9% (5 votes)
    4. Team NSFW
       29% (16 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I have no preference and just snatch whatever I can get my greedy fashionogi hands on lol. I love collecting for my dressing room. Although my main is female, I also have a male alt that I like to train every so often, so the male clothing gets used here and there.

Here's my dressing room total along with male and female outfit totals.

fhuZiFu.png
    Rhey
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Women in pants pls
    GakkuriaquaHiroki05Imaizumi
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Natural born
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    I like both fem & male outfits since I play both. However I do wish there were more decent outfits with pants that arent super short shorts for females
  • RheyRhey
    Shoog wrote: »
    I have no preference and just snatch whatever I can get my greedy fashionogi hands on lol. I love collecting for my dressing room. Although my main is female, I also have a male alt that I like to train every so often, so the male clothing gets used here and there.

Here's my dressing room total along with male and female outfit totals.

fhuZiFu.png
    U've collected 75% of the game's clothes...
    slowly_take_glasses_off_zps3cda5ace.gif

Any particular fav among them? I'm curios. :)
    I like both fem & male outfits since I play both. However I do wish there were more decent outfits with pants that arent super short shorts for females

And more skirt option for guys as well.
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 8, 2017
    Which is more your preference?
    I'm a huge tomboy irl, so I play a male ingame. There's a handful of female outfits I wish I could wear, tho. That one with the baggy sweater, and the police uniform. The male one is lame. :l

Which do you have more of in your collection?
    Male clothes for obvious reasons. I did rock Andras Wear and male newbie wear a few years ago before the first free appearance change event.

Your favourite outfit among your wardrobe stash?
    I have 4. I can't pick a single favourite..

1. Professor J Circle Outfit: I love military style uniforms. ¬ ˽¬
    2. Regular Pitch Black Uniform: Because I like the robe look more than the Mortello version
    3. Ivy Festival Coat: Because it looks really damn good in my colours imo. xD
    4. Reaper's Outfit for the mandatory edgelord outfit.

Your outfits' colours?
    Most of my colour schemed outfits are black/purple.
    MMlOCZ8.png

... I like purple :U

Edit: Yikes I feel like my colour scheme offended everyone... >_>;
    RheyNilrem
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    sure.

> which is more of your preference?
    I dislike the vast majority of female clothes, so I play a male but I still gravitate to more... feminine clothes?
    or I just like shorts a lot. they're comfy and easy to wear.

> which do you have more of in your collection?
    male clothes, obviously. I never rebirth to female.
    tend to sell off any clothes I don't wear, though.

> your favourite outfit among your wardrobe stash.
    here's some of my current favourites:

> afternoon tea jacket
    > eluned urban chilling outfit
    > romantic gothic suit
    Rhey
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    My roster is three Females to one Male, but I try to get both genders of clothing whenever I can or when the events aren't being stingy schnooks.

Which do you have more in your collection?
    Female Clothes, natch.

Your favorite outfit among your wardrobe stash?
    There are several. For now, Lileas' Suit.

Rhey
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Preference?
    Depends what I feel like wearing and what looks good when I'm in the dressing room.
    What do I have more of?
    I hoard a bit of everything, but since I'm playing female... I have more of that.
    I don't have a lot of money, in game or irl, to spend on fashionogi, so I can be a bit lackluster.
    Favorites?
    Loose Knit-wear and Stockings and Bunny Ribbon Suit are up there, but again, it depends on how I feel.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    Interesting~

giphy.gif

Keep em coming!
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited June 7, 2017
    Girls clothes. I just like how a lot of them look. They're so cute! If I could sew I would definitely try to make cosplays out of them.

Female clothes, since I play a female character.

Top 3 would be:
    1. Crinoline Dress
    2. Floral Fairy
    3. Vampire Hunter

Your outfits' colors...
    I always wear the Bat Crown because I like having the purple (and dark) skin tone for my elf. My Twilight Glass Wings are also purple, so my color scheme is purple and white.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    A side question.

Your outfits...
    Do U color coordinate? Wear it as is(its default when u obtained it)? Or just mix and match with w/e dyes u have?
  • hyaciinthhyaciinth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited June 7, 2017
    Which is more ur preference?
    Male clothes because I main a male character, but I sometimes feel like female clothing is made more intricately so it looks better.

Which do u have more in ur collection?
    Male clothes, but I do keep a few female clothes for my alts that I really like.

Ur favorite outfit(s) among ur wardrobe stash?
    Male:
    Battleborn, Eluned Chillin' Urban, Gym Teacher, Eluned Detective, Afternoon Tea, Ruby Alchemist (...I COULD GO ON & ON)

Female:
    Smart Uniform, Detective, Formal Royal Academy

Your outfits' colors...
    I always use black and yellow, and then sometimes white, too, if it's needed in the outfit.

Also I really, really like outfits with shorts. Mostly because often male clothes come with sort of baggy, or flare-style pants and they just look really bad on my character. Since shorts are shorts, they can't really mess up the cut lolol
    Rhey
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Female clothing for a female giant that used to go on a female elf. Honestly don't care about a lot of clothes, new or old. I just use whatever I can make work with my general set. Interchangeable outfits, essentially.

If by collection you mean the 5 outfits I switch around, all of it is female. I honestly just sell any outfits I have no desire to use, such as those from events. I don't even keep anything in the dressing room. Easier to switch that way.

Your favourite outfit among your wardrobe stash?
    I've always generally worn Chiffon Intimate outfit, but I tend to wear the other outfits a fair amount as well.
    To explain the choice, my general appearance (that of a succubus), is actually based on an appearance and identity I had on an MMO I played long before I really played Mabi a lot. That MMO died, but in memory of the good times, I keep the look around.

Your outfits' colors...
    Black and Purple. A combination that I've found to work with my outfit choices.
    Generally, most of my outfits have pure black leggings alongside the constantly used Brill Heels, which are also pitch black.
    A combination that makes them appear combined, often looks rather nice.
    RheyYianKutKu
  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    edited June 7, 2017
    It's tough to say. Girls get a better variety in normal clothes, I believe, but our armors almost always look like lamer versions of the males'. Avelin's armor could have been a nice affordable exception, but they had to add that stupid cardboard cape and ruin it. Our ox armor is cool, but we're outright missing armor on the thighs that the male version has. What the hell's the point of that? The one exception, possibly, is the Bhafel armor, because armored, big, elegant dresses like that are rad but that's something I'll never personally afford. If only Saber's dress was dyeable, I don't understand why none of that stuff was.

All female, my characters are all female.

Your favorite outfit(s) among your wardrobe stash?
    Pic related. These are the fashions I'm most proud of, except for the Diamond-Patterned one, simply because I can't find better boots and gloves for it yet. I generally hate anything that looks way too out there and not right for the setting. That's not to say "realistic"; Mabinogi has always had an anime fantasy aesthetic to it, so say, Short Swordsmanship Uniform basically epitomizes that, while Summer School Uniform just looks like something modern, worst offender probably being chillin' urban. Nonetheless, I'm not infallible, and will fall for a sailor swimsuit here and there, but I'd never make it my main style. I also hate wings with a passion, they rarely do anything for one's fashion and just make you look unnecessarily flashy most of the time, but there are outfits that can make them work. Additionally, Giants usually look far better in most wings, as they already have the proportions of gods. As for myself, I don't want to look like some overpowered angel or demon or some other higher being. I wanna be an ordinary lil elf/giant/orc who's mastered magic and such by her own mortal (even if not really) efforts and merits.

Your outfits' colors...
    I tend to stick with realistic shades that don't hurt the eyes much. If I want white, I go off-white, because I don't want to look ultra-pristine. Same with black, since pure black just absorbs all light and looks ugly (like on my gothic greaves in the pic, I hope I find a better dye soon). Other than that, I just do whatever colors fit the theme of the outfit I wanna go for. Brown bits look good on a practical-looking mage outfit, with some green to make it pop a bit. Dull colors fit the theme of that orcish-looking outfit because I want to look barbaric and not too fancy. And if it's something like a winter outfit, I like browns and tans and pinks for a soft, comfy feel. In this way, I have an outfit for whatever mood I'm in, sometimes even looking like a different character, which I believe is much better than dyeing everything the same color.
    oQ4mJqh.png
    Rheynerrith
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Sure why not, ive got time to kill~~

Which is your preference?
    Girl clothing for sure, I like skirts and shorts, male clothes always look so odd to me. Although since I collect rabbit items, I have male outfits that never get used, even if I do have a male alt, I never log onto it so everything sits pretty in my dressing room. I also get event trash, cos who doesnt.

Obviously fem clothes, but male clothing is getting up there, what with all the eluned stuff I get from gacha. I tend to hoard outfits instead of selling them since I get attached, which can be kinda annoying but eh, what can ya do

Favorite outfit(s)?
    Its gotta be my Smartie uniform~~ It was the first huge buy that I made, and its my go-to outfit if anything.
    I also like my Detective outfit, my Flamerider (Because of Yvona~~), and my Bunny parka!

Your colour scheme?
    Lavender and skyblue! I'm not hex specific thankfully, but getting wings that look good with my scheme is a total pain. I've stuck with Succubus Fiend wings since I got em, although before that I used skyblue hummingbird's.
    9017ec45d18a5d29bbd040545dfd38ed.png084ab872109f0c57f0d1961078afcb9a.png499551638ae3aaff9014c791756f50a6.png

I obviously dye my outfits, the chances of me finding or getting an outfit in my colours is so out there, it's hard enough to find dyes some days so I have to stock up whenever I do find good pastels, its such a pain. I've still got stuff in my dressing room I won't use because its not dyed qq
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 7, 2017
    I do agree that males get the short end of the stick when it comes to outfit design intricacies.

Nice 2 know people don't stick 2 just one color set.

I'm so bad @ color nuances so I just flashy everything. lul.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited June 7, 2017
    I'm too lame to do this i just wear robes.
    Everybody posting screenshots look fancy tho.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited June 8, 2017
    I like when clothes aren't F or M but both can wear them. It makes my life easier since I've switched my character back and forth alot. If I had to choose though, I'd say girl's clothing. Although I enjoy a "cool" aesthetic, I feel as though girl's clothes have more detail and effort put into them. I enjoy anything that won't clip super awkwardly. So usually shorts.

Female clothing.

Traveller outfit and turban. The traveller outfit is the first thing I worked hard for in the game. It's incredibly sentimental.

Colour scheme?
    I bounce around a bit but generally speaking, a middle color of blue, a lighter green, and medium red/pink. Hard to explain it.
    I know. It's strange. But that was my original traveller outfit's colours.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    If enuf people participate we can compile a mabi feature fashion magazine.

Like...

~Einn's Fabulous People 2017 Edition~

tQRS3zC.gif