Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Share your Ego Story

LuckyValLuckyVal
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited June 8, 2017 in General Chat
As some people have seen me around on Alexina, yes, I am that fool who still dump all my gold into a female Glory Ego Sword, my sword finally hit all 50! <yey!!!>
Now I can finally start saving gold to buy stuff that I wanted, and below is a brief story all condensed in one picture.
Ego%20Sword%20History%20Record_zpshgwgcbke.jpg
  1. Do you own an ego weapon?15 votes
    1. Yeah, I also own a Glory Ego Sword
       20% (3 votes)
    2. Yeah, I also own a Glory Ego Sword but I gave up on the way
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Yeah, but mine is Hurricane Cylinder/Tower Cylinder
       20% (3 votes)
    4. Yeah, but mine is Fire Wand
       47% (7 votes)
    5. No, just a pair of Celtic Royal Knight Sword is all I need
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• LuckyValLuckyVal
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited June 8, 2017
    Tsk, apparently photobuck lowers the quality of the pictures, all the captions are blurred, sorry guys.

Anyway, the brief:
    2010-09-26 Eiry left me
    2011-01-23 finally got the Two-Handed Sword to ego Lolisilveran
    2013-04-10 Spirit transfer from Two-Handed Sword to Glory Sword
    2016-12-05 Social level 50
    2017-06-06 All stat level 50
    Namiri wrote: »
    That's just how photobucket has been for years now and why many people dropped it ages ago. Not sure why some still stick to it when there's better options out there such as Imgur.

Thank you Namiri, I just tried using Imgur and Google Photo to replace the photo link above but the images don't show up at all.
    Anyway, here's the link if anyone wants to see it in detail.

https://imgur.com/a/bOAOV
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    I own a ego battle sword :v
    Its only my gem eater when they overflow my pets inventory...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Someone still cares about their ego?
    Kimberly
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    LuckyVal wrote: »
    Tsk, apparently photobuck lowers the quality of the pictures, all the captions are blurred, sorry guys.

That's just how photobucket has been for years now and why many people dropped it ages ago. Not sure why some still stick to it when there's better options out there such as Imgur.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 8, 2017
    don't have pics because lazy but my spirit weapon was like a 2h sword (destroyed) and then a llb (destroyed) and then a wing bow (xfer b4 prot pot) and then a ring bow (xfer w/pot) and then a trainee wooden blade (xfer w/pot) and then a liberty saber. Oh and sometime when it was a ring bow I think I hit 50 social, maybe it was when it was a wing bow. I don't even know. It just sits in my inventory, waiting for the day spirit weapons don't suck. Capped stat trash can ftw?!
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    tfw no option for bow spirit on poll :^(
    Nilrem
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    lightning wand ego

tribolt is better
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    So, I'll do a quick post here about it.

Early on I owned an Ego tanto. I had actually trained it up to social 21 and enjoyed it quite a lot even though I never used it as a mage/alchemist. It was just a kewl ego to own. When Ego cylinders came out I was prepared and ready to change it to. Evaline became an ego volcano cylinder. Eventually I got a great reforge on Evaline, but due to the way alchemy works she was absolutely useless as a flame burst cylinder. Regardless I trained her to 50 social because I like the ego weapon system.

When Phantasm came out I decided I really needed a good firewand. Realizing I had a level 50 social ego I decided to make a r1 firewand and ego swap it over. 20k NX later and I'm now the proud owner of a reforged Ego firewand like the rest of the losers.
  • nerrithnerrith
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    The portrait for the male wand spirit looks too kind to be lobbing firebolts everywhere, so I put him in a healing wand. But because of this I only ever equip my ego if I get medic duty in a dragon raid- I've been considering a transfer but I'd like to wait and see what a revamp has to offer first.

Special upgraded weapons have all but replaced spirits entirely in today's mabinogi. I'm not sure if it's that they are easier to Max out or deal more damage in comparison (also you can have more than one), but egos right now just seem like a personal event-gem disposal.
    BTW why don't gems stack yet?
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    nerrith wrote: »
    Because the gems have varying sizes.

I had a female Ego Claymore, then changed to an LLB (I think) before finally changing her to an HLB. She's close to hitting social level 40 while her other stats range from levels 35 to 44. Definitely my personal gem eater, and whatever other useless item I get from events and dungeons XD

Very good for keeping my inventory nice and tidy :D

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I've been passively raising an ego scimitar, an elf-only sword. The stats weren't on the wiki at the time i made it, probably still aren't. Maybe one day when I hit 50 I'll add them. Level 32 so far, but unless an ego revamp happens I'm not thrilled about actively levelling it at any point. Got it when I was level 120 or so. So, thanks to being tricked into rbing into age 10 before hitting level 100 (end of the newbie support at the time) by someone who always used nx to rebirth, this was roughly two months after I started playing.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 9, 2017
    Wheres the "I have a wing bow ego because of the extra range" option.
    nerrith wrote: »
    Hahahaha~~ yea, we also need the option to stack our weapons. (pfft)
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    If only egos actually were useful though. Even ego cylinder aren't as good as a tetra anymore. Like the only one worth using anymore is the firewand. I do love how easy they are to repair and that my double m.att firebolt max reforge makes her hit like a truck. (Granted DPs is still lower than lower than if I had casting speed reforge.)
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 9, 2017
    I would share that one time I Solo'd Peaca abyss nakkid...Or another time I YOLO step6 6 diff weapon 6 times in a row...But I guess U wouldn't wanna hear those Ego boosting stories.

d7005c492b793a0e99d6f68ba265a3574964876d_hq.gif

*erhm*

~Anyways lets see...

>threw away eiry
    >bandwagon 2h-ego
    >destroyed it
    >bandwagon Fire-wand ego
    >transferred to earthquake ego
    >Solo'd peaca int(Endgame meta-dungeon @ this point in time) with said ego
    >Me Gusta :*
    >stay with said ego ever since.

Pretty much sums it all up 4 me.

• rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I'm still using my leather bow ego... it's...
    SO CHEAP. and somehow decent for me since I don't usually.. fight

9EomJbN.jpg

I'm almost at full lv50.
    been a bit lazy to feed it nowadays.

but I got lured in making a bow ego in 2012 by my "mabi mentor" lol
    v-v they took me everywhere so I could leech.
    kinda miss them ;v; now they're gone I have no one to leech LOLOL
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I have a Female Ego Claymore. Because I made her when the Ego Weapon system came out and Claymore was the best weapon.

I told myself back then that I would never replace it unless they came out with Ego Instruments. I am still waiting.
    Twelie
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I accidentally destroyed my level 49 Ele 13(yes, 13) bow whilst transferring. My screen glitched for a sec, and it went Poof! Sent a ticket, and they cannot restore my bow nor my ego level.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I put my ego on a dagger. Yep. XD
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Made a Wooden Club Spirit Weapon. Don't use it for now due to other weapons.
  • DonPatchDonPatch
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    0216de50c6.png

My ego and his friends.

[Got blunt ego back when they first got released]
    [named it after an ex girlfriend]
    [years down later, my soon to be wife wants me to delete ego]
    [transfer ego into sword]
    [Rename it after fidel castro]

Now we spread communism.
This discussion has been closed.