Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This game has turned me into a hoarder, I swear...

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
in General Chat
In the eternal quest known as "inventory cleaning", I've found myself destroying and replacing old personalized outfits that are now easy to find and cheap. (Mainly the Shakespeare ones.) As stupid as it sounds, I still feel all weird destroying them as they cost me 20m if not more back in the day...

What have you folks run into that you find hard to destroy or get rid of?
badnewsbarrettTheDumbOne

Comments

• AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 8, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »

Gacha Pet dye Amps.. My wrist hurts from opening 3000 Dye Gacha that was about to expire. Then I had to right click, and press destroy on about 2700 of them.

Simplifying the movement of my mouse... I had to put useless flashy / junk dyes into a casarak bag, unequip bag, then repeat process of right-click, Destroy from the "temporary inventory" window that lasts forever since dyes can't be dropped.
    Policroma
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I don't really destroy or get rid of outfits or things to that extent, but I agree I'm totally a hoarder XD I have so many bags that my computer screen is absolutely filled when I open my inventory, but I never know what general things to get rid of. Especially stuff that I'm like "I might be able to sell this for some gold," but then I'm too lazy to ever open a shop.

Like with the stamp event, I still have some of the tradable stuff in my inventory and I'm like, do I get rid of it or attempt selling it??? I tried doing some organizing yesterday but didn't do much for me lol.

I'd say one thing that's hard for me is when we get like, hats and stuff that can't go into pets or the dressing room, and I have to decide whether they're worth keeping and using up space or not :/
  • AlymereAlymere
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Dressing Room is great - but then maybe you want to keep extras, in case you want to Enchant something and it might be destroyed. Or useable but untradeable items like Enchant Protection or Tendering potions. Or old Mustard Chocolate because you have issues oAo;

Not to even mention all the materials for Blacksmithing/Magic Craft/Tailoring/Engineering/Carpentry/Handicraft (I don't mention Potion Making, because I mastered that long ago~).

Oh, and then old upgraded weapons... It feels wasteful to just drop them...

And then there's my collection of differently colored upgraded Gathering Axes and Knives...

....I may have a problem. o_o
    WolfandWolf
  • TimmekanTimmekan
    Mabinogi Rep: 655
    I came back to the game after a few years only to find I had about 20 pickaxes laying around in various places for me to find. I've since removed them, but I still stumble on them when looking somewhere I haven't looked. I have mail on a character I used for metallurgy - 20 sieves. Why did I have 20? What was I doing?
    badnewsbarrettWolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 8, 2017
    Alymere wrote: »
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Dressing Room is great - but then maybe you want to keep extras, in case you want to Enchant something and it might be destroyed. Or useable but untradeable items like Enchant Protection or Tendering potions. Or old Mustard Chocolate because you have issues oAo;

Not to even mention all the materials for Blacksmithing/Magic Craft/Tailoring/Engineering/Carpentry/Handicraft (I don't mention Potion Making, because I mastered that long ago~).

Oh, and then old upgraded weapons... It feels wasteful to just drop them...

And then there's my collection of differently colored upgraded Gathering Axes and Knives...

....I may have a problem. o_o

??????? Mustard chocolate????????????????????? o_o That must have happened while I was hiatus.
    Timmekan wrote: »
    I came back to the game after a few years only to find I had about 20 pickaxes laying around in various places for me to find. I've since removed them, but I still stumble on them when looking somewhere I haven't looked. I have mail on a character I used for metallurgy - 20 sieves. Why did I have 20? What was I doing?

You were going to rob the beach, of course. All of its stuffs.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited June 8, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    In the eternal quest known as "inventory cleaning", I've found myself destroying and replacing old personalized outfits that are now easy to find and cheap. (Mainly the Shakespeare ones.) As stupid as it sounds, I still feel all weird destroying them as they cost me 20m if not more back in the day...

I hoard everything (help!), even petty, insignificant things, because I never know when I need something in the future for crafting, collection books, etc. :s I really need to clean my account sometime soon though. Alts, pets, bank invs are all maxed out. My main's inventory is just as cluttered...

I do the same with outfits. If something releases as x-grade or I want a replacement for an item that has broken dura, enchanted with a lame enchant (what was I thinking...), or if it became personalized and I can't fit it in the dressing room, then I try to find a replacement if the item is fairly cheap to acquire.