Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Finally, the time has come!! >:D

YuechiiYuechii
Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
edited June 8, 2017 in General Chat
YESSS!!! HUMANS MAY HAVE THEIR FORMIDABLE FINAL HIT! BUT WILL THEY BE ABLE TO HOLD UP AGAINST BARD'S ULTIMATE SKILL!!? >:D

[video]

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I'm sure Death Dance/Battle Dance/Dance of Death will be stoppable. It doesn't deal that much damage anyway.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    whens that coming out?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I'm sure Death Dance/Battle Dance/Dance of Death will be stoppable. It doesn't deal that much damage anyway.

I mean, it deals fixed damage, unaffected by stats.

At r1 it's 250 per hit.
    Sure it ignores Defense/Protection, but even when it crits, I doubt it'll hit even 1k per hit.

You also have adv heavy stander during the skill, so it can be dangerous to use if multi'd.

The main draw of the skill, besides being funny-looking, is the -Def/-Prot debuff it inflicts.

And even then, it starts at -1/-1 at rank C and caps at -10/-10 at r1.

Stoppable or not, it's basically another debuffing skill.
    Though it can be handy on certain midbosses in Memento that can't be hurt effectively due to their high Def/Prot. (basically Cooking Dungeon-type mobs)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I larfed at that video. XD

Well we don't know how battle dance is going to pan out to be honest. It looks stupid, but what if there is a reforge that can make it stupid op? Like the fh reforges. It might be possible.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Gaea wrote: »

Well we don't know how battle dance is going to pan out to be honest. It looks stupid, but what if there is a reforge that can make it stupid op? Like the fh reforges. It might be possible.

Who can say for the future.
    But presently, as in presently in KR, there isn't any reforge for anything related to the dance skill.
    Even as an echostone effect.

You've seemed to think this skill was going to be OP since near when it was released.
    What did you see to think that?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Who can say for the future.
    But presently, as in presently in KR, there isn't any reforge for anything related to the dance skill.
    Even as an echostone effect.

You've seemed to think this skill was going to be OP since near when it was released.
    What did you see to think that?

Well there was this video somewhere and I can't find it anymore...meh
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Hinotama wrote: »

I mean, it deals fixed damage, unaffected by stats.

At r1 it's 250 per hit.
    Sure it ignores Defense/Protection, but even when it crits, I doubt it'll hit even 1k per hit.

You also have adv heavy stander during the skill, so it can be dangerous to use if multi'd.

The main draw of the skill, besides being funny-looking, is the -Def/-Prot debuff it inflicts.

And even then, it starts at -1/-1 at rank C and caps at -10/-10 at r1.

Stoppable or not, it's basically another debuffing skill.
    Though it can be handy on certain midbosses in Memento that can't be hurt effectively due to their high Def/Prot. (basically Cooking Dungeon-type mobs)

-10 def and protection at rank 1? Why do they gimp defensive debuffing skills so much? That doesn't seem like it would even do much to begin with.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Lets see… In girg raid, debuffing would be from:
    1. Bone dragon
    2. Mir
    3. Smokescreen
    4. Spinning uppercut
    5. Sorrow sonata
    6. Axe Smash Debuff
    7. Rage impact
    8. Battle dance

That doesnt sound too bad

Fixed slightly.
    Scooter Imp doesn't affect girg with its debuff aura.
    But Mir's debuff stacks alongside Bone Dragon.

And battle dance will be another helpful debuff to add to the pile.

Since the skill isn't strong, and the cooldown is kind of longer than you'd think it should be, it will mostly be used for its debuff.
    Though I guess it can help with high Def/Prot enemies, like Cooking Dungeon ingredients and a certain enemy in Sidhe Finnachaid.
    I wonder if, since it ignores Def/Prot when calcing damage, will Saga 10 Macha be one-shotted by this, lol.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I wonder if, since it ignores Def/Prot when calcing damage, will Saga 10 Macha be one-shotted by this, lol.

If it's anything like hydra then yes it would. It crashes Ur game whenever Macha is killed by unorthodox means. Its already been tested. :)