Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anyone remember the Ultimate Anime Summer?

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    5 am hot times. 5 am. That's all I have to say <_< That grudge will never go. It was only a pet I didn't get, but it simply felt very unreasonable by principle.

As for an anime I'd want a crossover of..well, first of all, the nexon launcher said something about re:zero for maple or something, so I guess that's probably NOT happening for mabi as well. Though aside from outfits there wasn't anything that particularly stood out to me that could be crossed over easily and I doubt they'd go through so much trouble, given SAO and Fate were just barely mashed together from already existent content.

So, I'm thinking it'd have to be a very outfit-heavy anime for it to be really worth the while. A lot of anime are just school, school, school, school, boring protagonist, school....Also, school. So perhaps Re:Creators from this season, or I remember people asking for konosuba (haven't watched it but w/e), boku no hero academia (at least that one has lots of outfits, despite the school theme), fairy tail, idk. Bleach, Naruto and world trigger could've also been candidates if it weren't for the mostly uniform clothing. I'm sure there are lots of good anime out there for this, but outof the many I watched I can't point to any specific ones that'd make me all hyped.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Okay but what about this: the original YuGiOh.

Lol but seriously, they could make rock-paper-scissors fixed to three duel monsters instead. There'd be plenty of outfits, and chances to make the monsters as pets/partners (though I'd prefer they all be obtainable through game events and NOT just cash shop.)

(Also I know Mabi would probably never do this btw but a girl can dream v.v)
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited June 9, 2017
    I could be down for something, so long as the outfits are dyeable.
    VioletBoy
  • MisterMagicMisterMagic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited June 9, 2017
    maybe a certain sports anime w/ outfit animations to match 8)...

I, too, would like Prince of Tennis. *fake innocent smile*

Oh! or Initial D! For the sake of something absurd!
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited June 9, 2017
    we are not going to get 1 this year, we got content already, maybe next year, any massive popular anime is out of question (dragon ball, naruto, one piece and pokemon), something average and popular (sao) maybe can happen; one punch man, boku no hero and little witch academia sounds realistic, or maybe a not very popular anime looking for some advertisement (utawarerumono) from a japan license, but in my case i hate every single one of those animes, will be nice if i ever see a collab between compile heart and devcat/nexon, the problem is that compile heart beat nexon/devcat almost on every single field lol, a collab could be bad for them.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    I could be down for something, so long as it the outfits are dyeable.

This, I enjoyed the FSN crossover we had last year mainly due to all the titles you can get from it but undyeable items ruined it
    Gaea wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »
    All I ask is a common anime EVERYONE can spot out from a distance and everyone loves and will wear the outfits for the sake of loving the anime, and not get bent out of shape that the outfits aren't dyeable.

So Sailor Moon or DBZ :p

ALL FOR SAILORMOON, LETS DO IT!!!

Yeeeees! I love Sailor Moon plus the Sailor Moon reboot (known as Sailor Moon Crystal) is running right now... the 4th season is in production for the reboot right now so I do feel like it'd be really good for Mabinogi, actually... lol. (Note: to male players who think there's no male outfit... there is, actually... as Tuxedo Mask is one of the main characters there).
    I could be down for something, so long as it the outfits are dyeable.

This, I enjoyed the FSN crossover we had last year mainly due to all the titles you can get from it but undyeable items ruined it for me. ):
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I still wish we could get FMA. :(
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780

I concur.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030

I concur.

I concur this as well! I remember that they did try to get FMA for us but they couldn't because the licensing was too expensive for them several years ago... maybe it's more doable now?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Zeo wrote: »

I concur.

I concur this as well! I remember that they did try to get FMA for us but they couldn't because the licensing was too expensive for them several years ago... maybe it's more doable now?

FMA wuld be the most relevant since Alch is a big thing in this game.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH NARUTO?! Everyone I talk to barely wants a Naruto Crossover! (When I say Naruto I mean Naruto Shippuden by the way.)

I will admit that Naruto was a great anime and Shippuden... I would guess it has a good story. When Naruto Shippuden came along and added several hundreds of episodes. Somewhere along the lines, the animation studios thought "HMM, it has been hundreds of episodes since important plot points and character development has arised and we need to have the manga to catch up, so lets add FLASHBACKS! In every episode!" I stopped watching the series when I had to see another flashback about another character that we haven't seen in ten episodes. Even the canon episodes had filler within itself. They overdid the flashbacks and recaps that I just got so tired of it and I stopped watching it.
    If anyone asked "did you watch [some scene] in Naruto Shippuden?", I'll say a resounding "Nope, I sure did not!"

Almost every anime going over 300 episodes will likely have annoying fillers but Naruto was still a great anime. The overall story was and ending was very well done. If you don't like fillers and flashbacks just skip them. One Piece was much slower then Naruto and had more fillers. We should not be picking what anime makes it in based on filler content. Doing a Naruto event could work if it was done right.
    Okay but what about this: the original YuGiOh.

Lol but seriously, they could make rock-paper-scissors fixed to three duel monsters instead. There'd be plenty of outfits, and chances to make the monsters as pets/partners (though I'd prefer they all be obtainable through game events and NOT just cash shop.)

(Also I know Mabi would probably never do this btw but a girl can dream v.v)

That idea has crossed my mind once or twice as well. YuGiOh was very well done. Even duel disk weapons would be a cool fashion item and maybe a dueling mini game or dungeon dice monsters as a mini game (dungeon dice monsters is still technically in the original series and UBW anime event had a mini game that was similar.) A event like this has a lot of potential but sadly I don't think mabi will do it.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Negumiko wrote: »
    That idea has crossed my mind once or twice as well. YuGiOh was very well done. Even duel disk weapons would be a cool fashion item and maybe a dueling mini game or dungeon dice monsters as a mini game (dungeon dice monsters is still technically in the original series and UBW anime event had a mini game that was similar.) A event like this has a lot of potential but sadly I don't think mabi will do it.

Lol I was thinking about the duel disk weapons being incorporated as well. Mainly how at one point they had to collect star chips to advance in battle, that'd be cool if Mabi ever did it to add something like that. Either from monster drops or dungeons or something, and collecting so many stars would result in rewards.

Honestly even if they did one of the newer YuGiOh's I'd be happy with it, because it's one of my all-time faves, though being honest I don't know any of them past the original. I agree there's so much potential in it. If only :(
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    NO we are not having an anime summer, those were dark times.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 12, 2017
    HunterxHunter is an awesome anime, but there aren't any female main characters in that show. =T

Could always make all of the outfits unisex though. =D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    watercat0 wrote: »
    NO we are not having an anime summer, those were dark times.

Agree. Cringy, dark times. Even current Mabinogi trailer on Nexon Launcher is really cringy because that's not how game looks actually XD
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I'm betting we will either get the New Mission Point event (I would love that long twin tail hair) Or that new Festia event they have going on in Kr right now.