Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GMs appear to be immediately addressing bot-groups

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
in General Chat
Just a heads up on something I observed earlier. Reported a bot group earlier, gave names and location. GM immediately messaged a person who was training bears on them to stop while they observed. Bot leader was gone within the hour. Bot group just sitting around looking stupid now that leader is gone.

Reporting works. Do it.
badnewsbarrettZeoSebastianKitsuyashaLostLinksGretaRadiant DawnPan

Comments

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yep, I've also started to file some tickets to report suspected players for using bot/script on squire thingy with many alts to get LOT of materials quickly and they seem to be doing something about it at least... also seeing players using multi-clients starting to get banned.
    Greta
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    It's very pleasing to see that action is taken to prevent shenanigans like this
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 13, 2017
    Does the ingame button finally work now(after YEARS of simply resetting as soon as you hit submit)? :o
    Or are you filing tickets?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Does the ingame button finally work now(after YEARS of simply resetting as soon as you hit submit)? :o
    Or are you filing tickets?

I actually did the chat on the support site.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 13, 2017
    Good work. Too bad an in real life death penalty is out of the question. Apparently, this is not a capital crime. Oh well. Thanks again Gamemasters, for not only logging in, but messaging them before banning them in a fair manner.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Good work. Too bad an in real life death penalty is out of the question. Apparently, this is not a capital crime. Oh well. Thanks again Gamemasters, for not only logging in, but messaging them before banning them in a fair manner.

I don't know if they messaged the bots. A GM PMed a nearby player who was training bears on the bots. (The player in question was trying to stop the bots on his own.) Wanted him to stop so they could observe them.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    DOWN WITH THE BOTTERS! >:I
    ZeoHumiliating
  • EvielickyEvielicky
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    So I'm not completely sure what bots are for these days. I see bots spamming msg on dunbarton. Other than that I see a lot of alts (or bots?) spamming conflict in Tailteann with their leader. Everyday I see them spamming 24/7 and probably not doing them by manually, most likely using a program. I can report them right?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Evielicky wrote: »
    So I'm not completely sure what bots are for these days. I see bots spamming msg on dunbarton. Other than that I see a lot of alts (or bots?) spamming conflict in Tailteann with their leader. Everyday I see them spamming 24/7 and probably not doing them by manually, most likely using a program. I can report them right?

You can, but try to confront them and try to say hi first. If they ignore you for a while and the way they move seems like a same pattern over and over again then you can try to report them.