Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

KR gets another VIP update...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
Posts: 8,868
Member
edited April 2, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
KR gets yet another VIP update (while we keep getting neglected). This must be the 3rd update (that I am aware of).
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885533&edit-text=
SIGH...How much longer NA? I just don't get it. KR gives their customers so much cool stuff. But for these last couple of years you just won't update your services. Why? For the love of god can you please tell us why you won't update our services? As I said a few weeks ago, when my current VIP service expires I will not purchase VIP until you guys finally update your services. Many people I know are jumping on this bandwagon because we're fed up. Our current VIP service just plain sucks in comparison to KR's services.

Please give it to us or tell why you can't.
Clovis15ArchdukeValeCortezEramystcourtneyy
  1. Would you purchase VIP if NA updated their services?60 votes
    1. Yes!
       92% (55 votes)
    2. No.
       8% (5 votes)

Comments

  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Seems like a pretty poor business decision to continue not giving the NA servers the revamped VIP service. Since more people would definitely be willing to buy VIP service if it was something actually worth people's money like what KR has gotten. But instead we just get a trashy ultra outdated service model that is pretty much a waste of people's money given the current state of the game. It simply doesn't offer enough of relevance to be worth the money anymore.

    Honestly they should really replace whoever is in charge of making such decisions at Nexon NA with someone who has more business sense. Because apparently they must somehow believe Nexon is getting more profits off of offering a super obsolete outdated VIP service model. Even though anyone with even half a brain could tell that more people would be willing to pay for the revamped service model.

    badnewsbarrettCrimsọnZeoClovis15CarlizeTwelieNilrem[Deleted User]RedhenziKimberlyand 6 others.
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    Posts: 18
    Member
    I don't think Nexon or whoever is in charge of NA cares about vip. The majority of their cash comes from gacha and reforges.$11- $15 a month compared to some who spend hundreds on gachas I guess isn't important enough. Housing is still ran by guilds which creates all kinds of problems not to mention housing cap of 10m but the sell cap is 5m which totally sucks. I bought premium every month for over 4 yrs but I recently stopped because its just not worth it anymore.I couldn't sell much in housing because I'd have to be online all the time to get notes and do trades because of the horrible caps. If there are no perks why buy it.Maybe when they do fix it I'll start buying again. I would have much rather seen vip/premium and housing fixed than Fiestia or Memento and certainly more than "new" wings, wigs and outfits that all look similar to the ones before them.
    badnewsbarrettAlukinaTwelieCrimsọnEramystcourtneyy
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,439
    Member
    edited June 14, 2017
    What does the new or current one have going on? Maybe we'll get the new VIP soon with a future update? That would be really nice! Especially if they tack on a free month of VIP to test it out! =D

    I'm hoping this since it appears echo stones are affected by this update.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Posts: 213
    Member
    I'll admit that although I do spend money on this game, I only once ever purchased VIP in order to start a Guild (and that was back when they were giving a free random pet alongside it). The problems raised here are real, the VIP - as it exists within the US - offers nothing of value anymore (and what little it does offer is mostly deprecated). Except for the few power-merchants who have a reason for home-ownership, the average player simply can't justify it at all. I'd seriously consider using it if more in the way of relevant features were added.
    Redhenzi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,439
    Member
    They really need to get rid of the Administration Office Coupons.
    CrimsọnNilremZeoArchdukeValeCortezEramystpawcalypsecourtneyy
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Redhenzi wrote: »
    I don't think Nexon or whoever is in charge of NA cares about vip. The majority of their cash comes from gacha and reforges.$11- $15 a month compared to some who spend hundreds on gachas I guess isn't important enough.

    Maybe so. But profit is profit. I mean hell they have absolutely nothing to lose by giving us the revamped VIP service and everything to gain. So there's really no good reason not to implement it.

    RedhenziCrimsọnNilremEramyst
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,439
    Member
    edited June 14, 2017
    I agree, but maybe the daily stuff is problematic? I would hope we'd get this new update though.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,675
    Posts: 217
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    KR gets yet another VIP update (while we keep getting neglected). This must be the 3rd update (that I am aware of).
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885533&edit-text=
    SIGH...How much longer NA? I just don't get it. KR gives their customers so much cool stuff. But for these last couple of years you just won't update your services. WHY??? God...

    Why?
    Because Got-ya-pon whales keep the lights on, pay salaries, and quarterly bonuses. VIP members only pay for the chips and dip at the Christmas party.
    Tairiku
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited June 14, 2017
    Just quit that gacha bs and concentrate on something more useful like VIP service or even new content that can be useful for people who have VIP/Premium services or actually give some kind of reason to pay without any dumb RNG crap. Just add cash items like you did with HS stuff or even finally add a huuuuugeeee list of all pets/outfits that exist in game or at least most of them. Why make them limited anyway i don't understand. If you think unlimited items get less bought then you are wrong here. There will be always a person who will waste their NX on silly pets/items they can find in cash shop.
    Zeo
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,615
    Posts: 257
    Member
    edited June 14, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Just quit that gacha bs and concentrate on something more useful like VIP service or even new content that can be useful for people who have VIP/Premium services or actually give some kind of reason to pay without any dumb RNG crap. Why make them limited items limited anyway i don't understand.
    This. It'd be more comforting for Nexon to have a relatively stable source of income that anyone with x amount of money can participate in rather than whales.
    I feel as though it would also genuinely make the game more fun to play. I have my own feelings about gachas but keeping them separate I still feel this way. I'd like things to feel more stable.
    If they can still make money from gacha and need it, I don't even mind still having gacha. Although better rates would be nice.
    I do think limited time items are useful in their own right, as well. I think seasonal things are nice.
    Zeo
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Personally what I feel like we need more than anything is letters or notices from these unknown people that can tell us our ideas and thoughts matter so there can be peace of mind. :)
    Zeo
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Posts: 950
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Just quit that gacha bs and concentrate on something more useful like VIP service or even new content that can be useful for people who have VIP/Premium services or actually give some kind of reason to pay without any dumb RNG crap. Just add cash items like you did with HS stuff or even finally add a huuuuugeeee list of all pets/outfits that exist in game or at least most of them. Why make them limited anyway i don't understand. If you think unlimited items get less bought then you are wrong here. There will be always a person who will waste their NX on silly pets/items they can find in cash shop.

    Unfortunately, Gacha does make more money than VIP. A single Gacha stack costs more than VIP, and enough people buy enough of those packs to outdo any possible boost that can come from VIP.

    And without Gacha, where will new items come from? VIP-only? That's more pay-2-play-ish in my opinion. Obviously, the answer would either be "in-game events", or "in cash shop" where each item can be bought separately, but still; while I do hate Gacha with a burning passion, it seems to be the most cost-effective way (for Nexon, definitely not for us) to release enw stuff.

    Also, I don't know how true this is, but I think I heard from Sabina, back when she worked here, that KR makes all these kinds of decisions. As in, Korea decides what we get in our Premium Service.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,615
    Posts: 257
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Just quit that gacha bs and concentrate on something more useful like VIP service or even new content that can be useful for people who have VIP/Premium services or actually give some kind of reason to pay without any dumb RNG crap. Just add cash items like you did with HS stuff or even finally add a huuuuugeeee list of all pets/outfits that exist in game or at least most of them. Why make them limited anyway i don't understand. If you think unlimited items get less bought then you are wrong here. There will be always a person who will waste their NX on silly pets/items they can find in cash shop.

    Unfortunately, Gacha does make more money than VIP. A single Gacha stack costs more than VIP, and enough people buy enough of those packs to outdo any possible boost that can come from VIP.

    And without Gacha, where will new items come from? VIP-only? That's more pay-2-play-ish in my opinion. Obviously, the answer would either be "in-game events", or "in cash shop" where each item can be bought separately, but still; while I do hate Gacha with a burning passion, it seems to be the most cost-effective way (for Nexon, definitely not for us) to release new stuff.

    Also, I don't know how true this is, but I think I heard from Sabina, back when she worked here, that KR makes all these kinds of decisions. As in, Korea decides what we get in our Premium Service.

    I mean, I don't propose to get rid of gacha although it's be nice to have a flat payment for an item. Simply making VIP services more worth will net them more cash along with the money they get from whales. If they do however gather a large amount of people paying for monthly VIP, that makes it so they don't have to rely on the whales and can either make their rates better for more overall sales and consumer quality of life, or have clothing boxes to make people even happier. I think that way many people would find more enjoyment from the game.

    And I have heard that as well. It seems Nexon KR really couldn't give two hoots about Nexon NA, but it seems Nexon NA doesn't have the authority to implement things themselves. Which is dumb because you can clearly tell KR doesn't give as much care to us at all. It'd be better to have an NA team that can make their own decisions and listen to the playerbase. I believe this is one of the reasons that has contributed to people quitting. They don't feel heard. But it's not exactly NA's fault, if what I've heard is true.
    Greta
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    My stance when it comes to current VIP is that nothing of it has any value to me aside from the style tab and gestures.
    So essentially a much more expensive style tab. I might as well just buy pon for the same service.

    If it was updated to these newer models I would actually have a reason to buy it.
  • TheGreatCalistariusTheGreatCalistarius
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Posts: 11
    Member
    @Gaea
    This isn't new, and you should know it isn't considering you made the thread talking about it when it actually was new.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/33383/

    You even posted the same exact link, that leads to a time-stamped page, "2017.05.11 10:59".
    PanGretaCarlize
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Posts: 359
    Member
    edited June 14, 2017
    The cash flow from roughly 100 people with deep wallets, and a compulsion to buy every new shiny thing Nexon NA gives us, is the only thing keeping our servers alive.

    tl;dr: KEEP THE WHALES HAPPY, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited June 14, 2017
    @Gaea
    This isn't new, and you should know it isn't considering you made the thread talking about it when it actually was new.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/33383/

    You even posted the same exact link, that leads to a time-stamped page, "2017.05.11 10:59".

    LOL. Nice one. Seems like i wasn't wrong in my head when i thought that this link/topic was already posted by her.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    @Gaea
    This isn't new, and you should know it isn't considering you made the thread talking about it when it actually was new.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/33383/

    You even posted the same exact link, that leads to a time-stamped page, "2017.05.11 10:59".

    LOL. Nice one. Seems like i wasn't wrong in my head when i thought that this link/topic was already posted by her.
    @Gaea
    This isn't new, and you should know it isn't considering you made the thread talking about it when it actually was new.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/33383/

    You even posted the same exact link, that leads to a time-stamped page, "2017.05.11 10:59".



    I'm sorry, I had completely forgotten about that thread. I think I might have early onset Alzheimer's. Even looking at that thread feels foreign to me, it's so weird. I guess I thought it was new because they made it one of their main features on the website recently.

    This shouldn't invalidate the thread though. NA really does need to finally update our services.
    Redhenzi
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    I thought that by now... we would get them already but I think it's obvious that NA Nexon doesn't really like to listen to what we players want for a while now or else we would already be seeing some stuffs like the updated VIP, Ninja revamp update, dark skintone options for elves, higher drop rate from Phantasm/others, server merge, commas for gold/price, and so on...
    Twelie
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Posts: 335
    Member
    Shaeli wrote: »
    The cash flow from roughly 100 people with deep wallets, and a compulsion to buy every new shiny thing Nexon NA gives us, is the only thing keeping our servers alive.

    tl;dr: KEEP THE WHALES HAPPY, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

    When I broke it down with our last gacha the people asking for outfit bags I essentially came up with that. In all truth what like 5-10 people someone knew mentioned spent on the last gacha it would require 500 players to buy the $5 outfit bags.
    It is the same with this as long as the whales continue to feed nexon nothing will change, but with how companies think instead of changing they would probably just shut the game down as they would see a profit drop instead of looking as to why it dropped.
    Crimsọn
This discussion has been closed.