Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Book of Ice Spear - No Failsafe for Eagerness. :'(

KnightdogKnightdog
Mabinogi Rep: 860
in Feedback and Suggestions
So I was doing the quest to get Ice Spear, and I finished the Exploration Journal, got the Ice Spear Collection Book from Stewart, and was so excited to have the book that I went ahead and gathered all the pages and put them in. After adding the last page, I looked at the quest objectives, and noticed I needed to go talk to Nele. Now I see that it seems I can't complete the quest because I filled the book too early. Is there a way I overlooked to get another empty book so at least I don't have to redo the exploration book too? If not, please fix it. The step where you go talk to Nele is so little that it is easy to overlook, especially if you've been saving pages for weeks to put in there. I don't even mind redoing the Ice Spear book, as long as I don't have to redo the Exploration book, which I already completed correctly. If I wasn't supposed to add them yet, (The natural thing to do if you have a book and pages to go in it) then something should have prevented me from doing it. The easy solution to this would be to have Stewart give you another Collection Book for Ice Spear if you talk to him with the quest active and no book in your inventory.

Comments

• KnightdogKnightdog
    edited June 13, 2017
    Devs, Please consider implementing this change and saving my work?
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    same here.
    Knightdog
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I don' t suppose after talking to Nele, you can drop and pick up the book? Not sure if it would work, but maybe worth a shot?
  • BloonkBloonk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    I think you should submit a ticket, if u havn't yet. if u have the book finished they should let u complete the quest
  • LeineiLeinei
    ^ That is a good idea too! =D

Nexon's super helpful with stuff like stuck quests. Go to their Support and talk to them via Live Chat. =D
  • KnightdogKnightdog
    Yes, I tried dropping and picking up the book. I will look for the support section. For some reason I guess I thought this was it. I still think it would be helpful to others who make the same mistake if Stewart could give empty books if someone messes up and/or loses it. Thanks for the suggestions. I will update if anything works.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Support Section is on the main site on the right most portion of the banner. In the drop down, there's Customer Support which should take you where you can submit a ticket and engage in Live Chat.
  • KnightdogKnightdog
    Found the live chat. They suggested dropping and picking up the book, as ell as restarting the game. Neither worked, so they opened a ticket for me. Now the waiting game, I guess. I'm not a mage, at least, but I still want to collect the skill.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Knightdog wrote: »
    Found the live chat. They suggested dropping and picking up the book, as ell as restarting the game. Neither worked, so they opened a ticket for me. Now the waiting game, I guess. I'm not a mage, at least, but I still want to collect the skill.

Someone should get in contact with you soon then. They will probably just complete the requirements so you can complete the quest. =T
    KnightdogTheNyanCat
  • KnightdogKnightdog
    That would be awesome! Not awesome that it is taking them a few days to do, but awesome if I don't have to collect all the pages again.
  • KnightdogKnightdog
    Update: The GMs really do help with stuck quests. After reviewing that I really did complete the quest book, GM Mewlynne mailed me a new completed quest book! Just in case, I made sure that I was in Uladh before using the book.
    Leinei
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 14, 2017
    Knightdog wrote: »
    Update: The GMs really do help with stuck quests. After reviewing that I really did complete the quest book, GM Mewlynne mailed me a new completed quest book! Just in case, I made sure that I was in Uladh before using the book.

Oh wow! That GM is so nice. I'm actually so happy for you :D
  • LeineiLeinei
    Glad to hear it worked out.