Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

RIP conflict spam

0xe904000e0xe904000e
Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
in General Chat
Gold reduction just killed it :'(
KageitovioletkittTheDumbOneSawaTheNyanCatKimberlyTairikuXXVVIIVVXXImaizumiTwelie

Comments

• SawaSawa
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    If only they did more to help the economy :s
    Kitsuyasha
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    I don't scam SM as much but RIP. RIP easy way to make money
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    VioletBoy wrote: »

Could just get the same group of people plus a few extras at the altar and spam Shadow Wizard. Gives a lot of gold and is probably the best option people will have.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Reminder: Conflict botters like to defend themselves by claiming that their activities "don't affect the rest of the server".

badnewsbarrettEvielickyGretaVimiZeoAwwPicklesTheNyanCatPolicromaCarlizeNilremand 3 others.
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Buffalos wrote: »
    VioletBoy wrote: »

Could just get the same group of people plus a few extras at the altar and spam Shadow Wizard. Gives a lot of gold and is probably the best option people will have.

Oh! nice alternative. Come to think of it, why they reduce the reward for conflict? Came outta the blue. Well for me who on a hiatus.
  • EvielickyEvielicky
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    rip botters who spam conflicts...

LMAO
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited June 15, 2017
    How do bots spam conflict?

I mean, that sounds rather advanced.
  • MashiMotoMashiMoto
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Lol, typical Nexon. Reduce the one way I could make money without bs. At least give us a better alternative for those who can't always get a op group or can solo like most people. Didn't even know people can or were even botting conflict lmao sucks for them.
    XXVVIIVVXX
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Conflict is the only SM I enjoy doing since it only takes like 2 minutes with good party + decent gold. Welp thank you for the unnecessary nerfed nexon
    MashiMotoTairikuXXVVIIVVXXImaizumiTwelie
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    This is absolutely GREAT
    KinsenGretaZeoFeliceAwwPickles[Deleted User]Sherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    TNinja wrote: »

From what I understand, I guess there's a mod or something people use to have alts that just constantly spam it on repeat for mass amounts of gold.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Im disapppinted.
  • xninjabluexxninjabluex
    Mabinogi Rep: 640

From what I understand, I guess there's a mod or something people use to have alts that just constantly spam it on repeat for mass amounts of gold.

Couldn't they address the issue about the "third-party-software" they were using and attempt to establish an upgrade to NexonGuard/BlackCipher. Although, from a coding perspective...it would honestly be a lot easier to revert the reward numbers for a single shadow mission than to complete plan, develop and implement a whole new detection software that won't cause issues that have occurred before in the past.
    In reality, those players could just revert to Battle for Taillteann 2/Shadow Wiz/Martial Arts tourney albeit, a little slower progress. If the main driving focus was to address this nerf to "botters" then I would say the damage feels minimal. If however, it was to address the issue of "inflation" I would suppose this will have an affect. I really have no complaints to be honest. All the more reason to not let my SM Elite passes expire from my daily partner gift boxes

- Rant over, now munching on my chicken nuggets
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    THANK YOU NEXON! They finally started to do something more useful than just gachas!
    ZeoFeliceAwwPickles[Deleted User]KageitoSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

Couldn't they address the issue about the "third-party-software" they were using and attempt to establish an upgrade to NexonGuard/BlackCipher. Although, from a coding perspective...it would honestly be a lot easier to revert the reward numbers for a single shadow mission than to complete plan, develop and implement a whole new detection software that won't cause issues that have occurred before in the past.
    In reality, those players could just revert to Battle for Taillteann 2/Shadow Wiz/Martial Arts tourney albeit, a little slower progress. If the main driving focus was to address this nerf to "botters" then I would say the damage feels minimal. If however, it was to address the issue of "inflation" I would suppose this will have an affect. I really have no complaints to be honest. All the more reason to not let my SM Elite passes expire from my daily partner gift boxes

- Rant over, now munching on my chicken nuggets

Well I've heard that what the botters were doing was causing inflation and hurting the economy, which is probably why they did it, yeah. I don't know much about it all, just bits and pieces I've read here on the forums. Because if I remember correctly, people were doing it with Girg runs too or something? So they lowered the amount of gold you got in that some time ago.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Don't really get how this solves the problem, I mean they'll just do another mission with bots instead. It'll take them a bit longer sure, but not enough that it'll deter the behavior so... This solved nothing is what I'm saying.
    XXVVIIVVXXImaizumiTwelie
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Doesn't really affect me since I don't like Shadow Missions and they're not how I make money
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    that makes me laugh so hard :'D
    i dont spam conflit so i dont cares
    maybe this will help some people to deal with greedy sellers who must put their items in sale now
    Greta
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited June 15, 2017
    Not really affected by it... in fact, I'm rather glad they nerfed the gold reward for Conflict because users abusing multi-client and botting tomget easy gold were getting out of hands... at least in Alexina server.

Of course, it won't stop them from trying to multi-client and/or bot something else like Shadow Wizard but something like Shadow Wizard take bit more effort to do so...
    Greta
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'm not bothered by it one bit, since I hardly run shadow missions aside from certain dailies that can be soloed and are not in tara castle. also, don't wanna burst people bubble, but this nerf has been coming for quite some time now. it was implemented in korea months ago
    badnewsbarrettGretaSherri