Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

My best friend scammed me

YuoichiYuoichi
Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
edited June 22, 2017 in Help
my best friend irl -removed- scammed me she knew my acc's pass for a long time and once she scammed me i told her to give my stuffsback but she rejected to do that

Please do not post names to the forum as it's considered harassment.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Not sure if you can do anything requiring Nexon's help, as others are not suppose to know your password, period. That being said...If you met them in real life, it seems that a physical confrontation may be possible, among other things. Just don't go into violence unnecessary.

Also, can't name names.
    Greta
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    so i cand do anything? lose all my stuffs?
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Basically, yes. Nexon isn't entirely responsible for you losing your stuff if you willingly gave your password to someone else.
    GretaPrezzix
  • MrazeMraze
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Unforunately there isn't a lot you can do now. My advice would be to change your password so your friend cannot access your account anymore.
    Sherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 17, 2017
    Yuoichi wrote: »
    so i cand do anything? lose all my stuffs?

I am not sure of the rules. In truth, Nexon isn't obligated either way to solve player problems, and I do not remember a term that said that giving your account information away is an automatic cessation of your "account privileges" in total. However, it is a messy process to sift facts from lies, and get involved in interplayer disputes, so I would not expect sympathy or the willpower to help when the responsibility partially lies on you, I suppose. That being said, you need proof that it is a scam I suppose, for a chance. I suggest a chat in Mabinogi.

That being said, it is really a jerk move when you do this to someone you know well enough in the physical world. Or dumb, when people these days are willing to stab each other for 5 bucks.

Not that you should, but I am easily angered by certain moves, so you know...

Though yeah, your "best friend"? This isn't one of those short term infatuation things, is it?
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited June 18, 2017
    I am very sorry to hear she did that to you...that sucks.
    As stated above, Nexon can't help you here because of the situation of the scam. You gave her your password, which Nexon strongly suggessts not doing, because if you do something like that then they are tied.

A few options you may want to consider are; change your password, confront her again, stop being her friend because friends dont do that, never share your password again.

Im sorry this happened and I hope this helps, though it is unfortunate Nexon cant do anything.
  • MistumiMistumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Change your password and for extra security change your gmail if you happen to have another one you use because IF they know your gmail they could easily get it changed again, as far as getting your stuff back, i mean idk how old your friend might be but if you really want your stuff back tell her parents or siblings maybe they could help you out :p
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    This is why we have one of those warning all over in the system channel in !abinogi telling us to NEVER ever give out our account ID and password out...
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Never share your account with anyone. Not your best friend. Not your spouse. Not your boss. Not your dog. Nobody. Ever. Sharing accounts always cause problems because you cannot trust anyone. People will look out only for themselves when the opportunity arises and reveal their true colors.

Since this person is your "best friend" in irl, go up to her irl and kick her in the shin. She'll understand why. If she doesn't, you should revoke her "best friend" status because shes an awful backstabbing leach.
    GretaBlissfulkillNekoLilyCarlize
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Since this person is your "best friend" in irl, go up to her irl and kick her in the shin. She'll understand why. If she doesn't, you should revoke her "best friend" status because shes an awful backstabbing leach.

I agree. How can you call her best friend after she scammed you? Like seriously, that chick must have some problems if she dares to scam her friend... :/