Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So the new dungeon.

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I didn't pay attention but.

Why are these Echostones from the story so weak?
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    TNinja wrote: »
    I didn't pay attention but.

Why are these Echostones from the story so weak?

I think that's just due to the fact you can upgrade them at the end of the dungeon and that the story is seen as easy so they don't give very good echo stones as they expect people to do the dungeon to both upgrade them and get better ones.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    What is the benefit of clearing out the trees in the dungeon? They seem separate from the cubes.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited June 16, 2017
    I love it. RNG slowly screwing me over with my echostone, so it's only Grade 17 right now, but still fun. And I don't see how people are having trouble with the dragon part. It's literally no different than the Skelemancers of Phantasm. In fact, it's easier 'cause they don't deal as much damage and are way squishier.
  • dra011dra011
    edited June 16, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »
    I love it. RNG slowly screwing me over with my echostone, so it's only Grade 17 right now, but still fun. And I don't see how people are having trouble with the dragon part. It's literally no different than the Skelemancers of Phantasm. In fact, it's easier 'cause they don't deal as much damage and are way squishier.

that's quite simple not everyone is op as all hell with top reforges and really high ranked skills and the best weapons and armour the game has to offer it's not a hard thing to see why people are having a hard time with it also rng screws everyone over at one point or another also how good are the grades is it a worthwhile boost or nah?
  • RaishiiRaishii
    edited June 16, 2017
    dra011 wrote: »

that's quite simple not everyone is op as all hell with top reforges and really high ranked skills and the best weapons and armour the game has to offer it's not a hard thing to see why people are having a hard time with it also rng screws everyone over at one point or another also how good are the grades is it a worthwhile boost or nah?

It doesn't take being "op as hell with top reforges" to effectively do it, nor the best of the best equipment. The grade boost stats are nothing that great. Currently working on my int one and I believe it only gave 26 or so int. (Haven't logged in to check.) More concerned about the reforges than the stats, though.
  • dra011dra011

It doesn't take being "op as hell with top reforges" to effectively do it, nor the best of the best equipment. The grade boost stats are nothing that great. Currently working on my int one and I believe it only gave 26 or so int. (Haven't logged in to check.) More concerned about the reforges than the stats, though.

I'm aware you don't have to be that strong or have any of that to beat it however you do still need at least decent stuff to do it and some people don't really have much if any good equipment also i see that sucks would have thought it would be a tad higher but oh well honestly looking at some of the reforges they can have on it they don't seem to great for the most part but meh i only use free reforges so i most likely won't bother with the stones seeing as the stat boosts aren't great.
  • RaishiiRaishii

I'm aware you don't have to be that strong or have any of that to beat it however you do still need at least decent stuff to do it and some people don't really have much if any good equipment also i see that sucks would have thought it would be a tad higher but oh well honestly looking at some of the reforges they can have on it they don't seem to great for the most part but meh i only use free reforges so i most likely won't bother with the stones seeing as the stat boosts aren't great.

The best thing about it is that you can choose your difficulty. According to one of my friends, he said that the stones can offer reforges for skills like Hydra, Lightning Rod, etc. Basically all the skills that currently don't have reforges.
  • dra011dra011

The best thing about it is that you can choose your difficulty. According to one of my friends, he said that the stones can offer reforges for skills like Hydra, Lightning Rod, etc. Basically all the skills that currently don't have reforges.

yeah it's nice to be able to choose the difficulty without having to get a pass also yeah there is a thread somewhere that has most of the reforges don't remember what one it was thought.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 16, 2017
    The story was a letdown, and the dungeon is not something I see myself doing ever again. Went ahead and dropped my echostones on the floor, it's obvious upgrading them is going to be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long grind.

I liked the story, and maybe what happens here will tie into future Generations like this tied into G1. I didn't expect the dungeon to be so difficult post-story though.
    Also, I feel like we're going to get a Spirit Weapon update sometime soon because of the content of this story.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    So glad to hear other people weren't big on this dungeon. The difficulties were pretty off, I did intermediate just so I could take it easy and learn the dungeon and I used like 4 Nao stones! Plus I could not figure out how to beat those dang depressed fish guys, I tried every dropped sword but none of them worked. So I ended up quitting, 5 AP wasn't worth all the cussing I did.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The dragons are pretty strong just in Basic, I'd hate to solo them in Hard mode. That being said, it is imperative to have a party, and one should focus on whittling down both dragons to an acceptable level of HP. A dragon will usually not aggro you after some point, leaving to you one versus one.

I would recommend Final Hit, Bash, Magnum, etc.

You think have thirty seconds to kill one dragon before it revives the other.

Essentially, it is not matter of skill difficulty as stats as well, and of course, one shotting an enemy is usually far easier than trying to kill one requiring a ton of hits.

The discussion on difficulty is meaningless when it simply weighs higher stats to lower ones.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    this dungeon sucks, the enemy npcs are nothing but copy and paste from older generations, unexplainable stuff about how to kill them, easy kill if you are overlevel, and very less content added to it. The only new thing was Nna, boss and dungeon, they did not put any effort on this content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so. This content that we were waiting for a whole year wasn't worth it.
  • dra011dra011
    The dragons are pretty strong just in Basic, I'd hate to solo them in Hard mode. That being said, it is imperative to have a party, and one should focus on whittling down both dragons to an acceptable level of HP. A dragon will usually not aggro you after some point, leaving to you one versus one.

I would recommend Final Hit, Bash, Magnum, etc.

You think have thirty seconds to kill one dragon before it revives the other.

Essentially, it is not matter of skill difficulty as stats as well, and of course, one shotting an enemy is usually far easier than trying to kill one requiring a ton of hits.

The discussion on difficulty is meaningless when it simply weighs higher stats to lower ones.

To be honest that is one of the problems with how some of the things in mabi have been handled people join and they can get relatively strong quite fast so they never really need help and they get in the habit of soloing so they don't have people to party with or just don't want to be in a party.
    new players don't talk and do things together as much anymore mabi isn't as social as it use to be but that's just my thoughts on the matter take from it what you will.

also how difficulty in mabi is seeming done now: give mobs (throw darts at dart board) this stat/stats and buff it to X amount oh also give it Heavy Stander or equivalent.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    also how difficulty in mabi is seeming done now: give mobs (throw darts at dart board) this stat/stats and buff it to X amount oh also give it Heavy Stander or equivalent.

What would you do to fix it?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I remember the old Mabinogi you used to need like four five hits on basic enemies to kill them. And people who wore armors could tank up to five hits, while those without could take two. Three if we count Deadly status.

We can't now, since we have skills with ridiculous damage gap between each other. You either deal nothing, or you kill everyone in one or two hits. With Deadly.
  • dra011dra011

What would you do to fix it?

honestly considering mabi's limitations i'm not really sure how they could go about fixing it maybe making monsters AI better if they can.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    watercat0 wrote: »
    this dungeon sucks, the enemy npcs are nothing but copy and paste from older generations, unexplainable stuff about how to kill them, easy kill if you are overlevel, and very less content added to it. The only new thing was Nna, boss and dungeon, they did not put any effort on this content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so. This content that we were waiting for a whole year wasn't worth it.

Won't lie I was very disappointed in how fast it was able to be knocked out, and how little was added for how long it took to come out.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    So glad to hear other people weren't big on this dungeon. The difficulties were pretty off, I did intermediate just so I could take it easy and learn the dungeon and I used like 4 Nao stones! Plus I could not figure out how to beat those dang depressed fish guys, I tried every dropped sword but none of them worked. So I ended up quitting, 5 AP wasn't worth all the cussing I did.

The swords work like the rusty swords in Fomor Attack (I think that's the one), each hit with it weakens the appropriate colored fish. So just keep wailing on them and you will gradually start to see the effects. The thing is a huge time sponge unless you go with a party, but as long as you pay attention and try things out nothing in it is hard to figure out, and honestly the dungeon itself doesn't take longer than hm rundal or peaca int. It is pretty fun if you get a good party, and I actually liked the boss on the fear variant, though it was a bit too beefy and repetitive on the sorrow variant.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    watercat0 wrote: »

Won't lie ill agree with you on most of this but don't say things like "...content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so...". Don't talk big if you can't prove it.