Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So the new dungeon.

Comments

• NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 20, 2017
    dra011 wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Plus, NPC is super cute, i want her hair and outfit <3

well you are in luck as the gacha that i assume is the coming out soon has three different versions of enn's outfit or at least the kr one did i saw a thread with a link to the kr mabi site and it had list of items but i don't remember what thread it in was sorry.

I hope they eventually also make an Eluned version of her outfit :<
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 20, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »

well you are in luck as the gacha that i assume is the coming out soon has three different versions of enn's outfit or at least the kr one did i saw a thread with a link to the kr mabi site and it had list of items but i don't remember what thread it in was sorry.

Is eluned like the 4th re-design of old outfits? Like how vintage and solar glory was 2nd & 3rd?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Rhey wrote: »

Is eluned like the 4th re-design of old outfits? Like how vintage and solar glory was 2nd & 3rd?

A version of the outfit that can be worn by the opposite gender of the regular outfit, with pretty much the same design. (Only Eluned Chillin Urban (M) has a major difference)

It makes me question why even have gender restrictions in the first place if we are going to Eluned everything. I mean...do we have to have gender restrictions?
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010

A version of the outfit that can be worn by the opposite gender of the regular outfit, with pretty much the same design. (Only Eluned Chillin Urban (M) has a major difference)

It makes me question why even have gender restrictions in the first place if we are going to Eluned everything. I mean...do we have to have gender restrictions?

it's so they can make more money with little effort.
    Tairiku
  • RheyRhey

I see...If this was gonna be a thing then ya I agree~ gender restriction shouldn't been implemented. o-o
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    It's better if things are gender restricted.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I thought the same thing, although in fairness, having separate colored items and such do keep prices low, I suppose, by splitting up the demand into two or more separate items, despite the amount of gachas you could fill with said items.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Hinotama wrote: »
    It's better if things are gender restricted.

At least they stopped creating age restricted outfits around the same time it was added.
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I looove this dungeon because it makes mabi seem more like a real mmo. You need a fairly balanced party to be able to run SF easily (human with FH, one or two good mages, a good crisis-er, a ninja to quickly skip the worms) it doesn't require certain roles like WoW dungeoning does, but having people do certain things makes it feel sooo much more fun, imo. I enjoy that mabi seems to be shying away from solo-only content (girg, SF) in favor of cooperation. I haven't had this much fun on this game in years.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Moonka wrote: »
    I looove this dungeon because it makes mabi seem more like a real mmo. You need a fairly balanced party to be able to run SF easily (human with FH, one or two good mages, a good crisis-er, a ninja to quickly skip the worms) it doesn't require certain roles like WoW dungeoning does, but having people do certain things makes it feel sooo much more fun, imo. I enjoy that mabi seems to be shying away from solo-only content (girg, SF) in favor of cooperation. I haven't had this much fun on this game in years.

You're right about needing a party. I'm so glad this isn't some thing where your godly maxed out end gamer can just solo it and make everyone feel bad. It makes me even more eager for the giant update so that giants can flourish even more and make final hit and crk bashing look like a joke. B)

(Okay I'll quit it with the human dissing, we're all family. <u<)
  • RheyRhey
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Moonka wrote: »

You're right about needing a party. I'm so glad this isn't some thing where your godly maxed out end gamer can just solo it and make everyone feel bad. It makes me even more eager for the giant update so that giants can flourish even more and make final hit and crk bashing look like a joke. B)

(Okay I'll quit it with the human dissing, we're all family. <u<)

Once enuf powercreeps slips in it'll be solo-able just like all other past meta-game contents. Sadly. Even field bosses haz become solo-able when it used to take an army. :/
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    edited June 20, 2017
    I tried the master talent one solo. The mobs running away from you was extremely irritating for knocking them into the circle. I have no idea what the drop from the tree is actually supposed to do (maybe it's to stealth past fish? idk).

I was so bored fighting the Forms of Doubt because it doesn't seem like the swords' def/prot shaving works correctly; had to sit there spamming pet and life drain since they only did about 100 damage to me. Finally got to the 4 dragon spawn and just immediately logged out when I saw my fireball only did 5%.

I'm getting really tired of making enemies either have a ridiculously high HP pool or completely unattackable. The prior makes doing high level content impossible without maxed CRKs, maxed archery or high reforged tribolt and the latter wasn't fun in Iria dungeons and it isn't fun now. Having enemies immune to hit stun with crazy high health pools that run around spamming abilities that one shot you is not good game design and I'm seriously debating completely quitting this game after like 9-10 years.
    AeolysShaeliTairiku
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 20, 2017
    New content isn't new content without boss(es) with an absurd amount of hp and advanced heavy stander. And they must have chain casting and intermediate magic. Oh, they multiaggro too. Its so much fun to be unable to defend yourself from their attack and must soak up the damage with the thousand of hp we do not have. How is needing a party (just so you can wail at the bosses quick enough to kill them before they can kill you) make this an interesting battle?

This dungeon is so boring. Am I playing a walking simulator mixed with occasional hit monsters with hitting skill over and over while soaking damage?
    SylviaWolfeShaeliKysiraiTairikuBlissfulkillXiokun
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 21, 2017
    Aeolys wrote: »
    New content isn't new content without boss(es) with an absurd amount of hp and advanced heavy stander. And they must have chain casting and intermediate magic. Oh, they multiaggro too. Its so much fun to be unable to defend yourself from their attack and must soak up the damage with the thousand of hp we do not have. How is needing a party (just so you can wail at the bosses quick enough to kill them before they can kill you) make this an interesting battle?

This dungeon is so boring. Am I playing a walking simulator mixed with occasional hit monsters with hitting skill over and over while soaking damage?

Basically...put multiple raid bosses in a dungeon. Then call it a day? B)
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I'd love to be able to do this dungeon either solo or with people, but I guess I seem to miss the peak time of when this is done in parties.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I love the dungeon, I love that there's multiple difficulties, and I love that you can take 6 people with you! The revamp that made dungeons 4 people only killed dungeon-based guild runs for me, as the reason I used to love doing AAHM or Abyss was because we could bring 8 people in there and enjoy each other's company while dungeoning. Since the update we've just been doing SMs and girgs. Having a new dungeon with 6 people able to go in rather than just 4 is a lot more do-able for a guild run and it's a nice change of scenery. Not to mention it's new content that you don't have to be end-game to enjoy, which is another thing that greatly effects my guild's runs because we have players of all different levels. So yea, I LOOOOVE this new dungeon and I hope we continue to get content like this in the future!
  • AeolysAeolys

Basically...put multiple raid bosses in a dungeon. Then call it a day? B)

This dungeon is pretty much as open as a raid boss. But when you actually reach the raid boss, you are confined into a small room. Here they thought having an open field was new and exciting- then they stick you into a room of dragon necromancers. That petrifies you, throws fireballs at you. All the dragons now need is to use smash which is the dragon grabbing you and ripping your head off (have your bone dragon use smash on a goblin or something humanoid and you'll see what I mean).
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I personally love the new dungeon. I especially like the new echostone system and how it feels like a reward at the end of each run. The older Uladh dungeons have you slog through 2 hours of corridors and at the end you get a Round Shield and powder :(

I like the final boss battle. It has waaaay too much HP especially considering it's Glas like healing ability. I like how injuries are important again. I especially like how you can actually avoid some of it's attacks rather than forcing you to tank some huge damage (looking at you Girgashiy...).

The dragons are the worst part of the dungeon though. Advanced heavy stander + resistances to melee and range + fast running speed + instant fireballs + petrification breath + large HP + resurrection + sometimes 4 of them at once! Ugh who thought this was a good idea!?
    GretaBlissfulkill
  • AeolysAeolys
    edited June 21, 2017
    Y'know that saying "It takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch"? The dragons are the rotten apple. The dungeon would be palpable if they weren't advanced-heavy-stander, multiaggro, chaincasting-fireballs, petrification-of-sitting-duck-breath, mauling-of-maiming and tank, and y'know what, the dungeon would have been actually be great.

I can get by with the no-walls thing and open map-ness; it gives the dungeon character (both positive and negative). Like how shadow missions are a step up from flat-floored grid dungeons before them. Then put up a wall around you and two to four dragons and we're having problems. The dragons are just all bad.
    KokoroShaeliBlissfulkill
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Y'know that saying "It takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch"? The dragons are the rotten apple. The dungeon would be palpable if they weren't advanced-heavy-stander, multiaggro, chaincasting-fireballs, petrification-of-sitting-duck-breath, mauling-of-maiming and tank, and y'know what, the dungeon would have been actually be great.

Don't forget that since they just aggro right after spawning, and they spawn before that cutscene showing them spawning, they are more than likely attacking you before you force exit that cutscene to act.
    Xiokun