Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Gachapon...

Comments

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited June 22, 2017
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    to get your 400 coins you'll need 133.3 gachas

Actually it's between 400 and 134 because the FOOLED-YOU-PON gives 1 -3 coins.

Nexon is manning the harpoons and going all Ahab on the whales.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    AgentJean wrote: »

I was being generous :P
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    AgentJean wrote: »

I was being generous :P

Stop being generous. Nexon sure isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    To be honest, I think the coins are to prevent the usual "OMG SPENT $500 AND DIDN'T GET WINGS!" scenario. We know from a few of the posts that the items in question ARE in the gacha. This just guarantees them after a certain amount of money spent.

I'm going to make some people mad saying this, but I prefer they do it this way. I don't spend quite that much on gacha... but if there was something that I wanted bad enough to crazy-spend, I would at least like to have the option. More often than not, we don't.

Back in the day if something I wanted was worth crazy money, I'd sit around selling reforges while grinding. I think in hindsight on a couple items, I spent just as much doing that because after a certain point the gamble was too much.
    Carlize
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    just spend 600$ on boxes if unlucky for wings ! kek kek kek
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    edited June 22, 2017
    I haven't tried the gacha yet so I'm not sure of the odds, but I like that they're guaranteeing the ability to get something. And the amount of coins required for the dress is already cut by more than half of what the tail box was during the wishbone event. Even just last gacha, I spent more than the average gacha amount it'd take to get an Enn's Dress, and got absolutely nothing. This at least makes it so people get something. And considering the vast majority of gachas since 2017 started don't even have a side reward, the coins are good enough imo. I'm also excited that the Great Outdoors and Bright Summer outfit sets are back, they've been going for way more than they're worth just due to the rarity.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 22, 2017
    dowie wrote: »

Lol, poor people. Some will. I'm now just imagining how much stuff i could afford here with 600$... Pizza and other tasty foods/desserts for months....
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Greta wrote: »

Lol, poor people. Some will. I'm now just imagining how much stuff i could afford here with 600$... Pizza and other tasty foods/desserts for months....

If you ever visit the facebook group, you'll find a lot of players are selling and buying via paypal.... I shake my head when i see something like a bhafel being sold for like $400 usd. How hard is it for nexon to make throwaway facebook account and ban these real money sales?
    Kageito
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Carlize wrote: »
    I haven't tried the gacha yet so I'm not sure of the odds, but I like that they're guaranteeing the ability to get something. And the amount of coins required for the dress is already cut by more than half of what the tail box was during the wishbone event. Even just last gacha, I spent more than the average gacha amount it'd take to get an Enn's Dress, and got absolutely nothing. This at least makes it so people get something. And considering the vast majority of gachas since 2017 started don't even have a side reward, the coins are good enough imo. I'm also excited that the Great Outdoors and Bright Summer outfit sets are back, they've been going for way more than they're worth just due to the rarity.

umm you could get wishbones in game unlike these coins so it is cut a bit less then half.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Policroma wrote: »
    To be honest, I think the coins are to prevent the usual "OMG SPENT $500 AND DIDN'T GET WINGS!" scenario. We know from a few of the posts that the items in question ARE in the gacha. This just guarantees them after a certain amount of money spent.

I'm going to make some people mad saying this, but I prefer they do it this way. I don't spend quite that much on gacha... but if there was something that I wanted bad enough to crazy-spend, I would at least like to have the option. More often than not, we don't.

Back in the day if something I wanted was worth crazy money, I'd sit around selling reforges while grinding. I think in hindsight on a couple items, I spent just as much doing that because after a certain point the gamble was too much.

The idea is good but the execution could have been handled better. If the boxes were cheaper, the coins could be earned in game, or there being a better range of options I could choose from then I'd probably be praising this change. But after blowing like 45$ on the gacha I'm still about 80 coins away from being able to get anything of note, and got essentially nothing of worth from the gacha itself...so yeah, not sure it's really worth it unless you want what amounts to a 100$ outfit box.
    GretaNkeonaZeo
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

If you ever visit the facebook group, you'll find a lot of players are selling and buying via paypal.... I shake my head when i see something like a bhafel being sold for like $400 usd. How hard is it for nexon to make throwaway facebook account and ban these real money sales?

More shocked Nexon doesn't have staff go in, and sell the items on behalf of nexon for RM
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    It takes effort to go around and ban the peoples doing the RMT stuffs. It also takes effort to set up items for RMT (expensive ones not the gacha garbage)
    Also despite the whining about Nexon being stupid, the reality is they probably did do research on how much people spend to come up with this coin compensation for bad luck. So spenders typically will spend around that much for wings.
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    :( These odds are terrible.
    *saves money for next time*
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I'm not too mad at how they are doing the gacha this time around because this is something they don't do with every gacha. Where you trade in coins you get for other items. The only other time nexon has done this is back on november. If this was common then I could see this to be something to be upset about but since this isn't common, I'm not too mad. It's just different is all.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Another pile of flaming garbage added to the shop.

No thank you.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 22, 2017
    Taking a step back, this is a normal gachapon with "collect coins to get a guaranteed something".

If I ignore the coin collectathon, its another ordinary gachapon (rates for featured items is still laughable).

If I put the coin collection into consideration, its 134 - 400 gachapons (~$120 to ~$350) to get the top featured item, the guaranteed wing. Compared to the wishbone event's permanent tail box (~$300-~$600), this is actually a better deal. So after spending an that much of money, you are already likely to get the featured items and then the coins is for filling in the blanks after a long money splurge.

Unfortunately for most of us, we are not willing to pay that absurd amount of money and we will continue to haze Nexon for this decision.

In the end, the coins are for whales who will spend that much money to get a guaranteed item. For the rest of us, its for a handful of fine potent shadow mission crystals or a few unrestricted dungeon passes. Surprisingly, this is a "okay" deal. Lets all squint our eyes really hard and ignore the coin shop and pretend its another ordinary gachapon.

(P.S. May I say that one of those wings seem a bit overdesigned in my eyes. The massive ones in the announcement page look awful and disproportionate.)
    PolicromaZeo
  • SushiSamuraiSushiSamurai
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Spend money on an RNG box to get RNG amount of coins to guarantee you another RNG box.

I don't mind the consolation prize of collecting tokens to guarantee you a prize from a Loot Box but this execution is so disrespectful, it's hilarious.

Eat your hearts out Whales.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    This gacha seems like as worse as Wishbone Event, but only fully p2w to get something from it. Lame, so disappointed. I want Enn Dress.. :/

Nexon had a marvelous idea, let's add coins to the gacha so players can get more rewards and encourage them to buy more gacha. The issue, this will frustrate a lot of players with limited wallets or no wallet at all. They should add a way to work for some coins at least, and maybe buff up the number of coins from the box a little. I'm sure there are still some players that are rich and lazy enough to buy the thousands of gacha to get everything. But it makes some stuff available to everyone.
    I'm fine with adding the coins, it's a nice touch. But please, for the love of god, why make it exclusive?
    badnewsbarrett
  • NkeonaNkeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,515
    edited June 22, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I will go ahead and forward this feedback, so we can execute this better(prices, etc) if we decide to do it again.
    AeolysXiokunAavaYukarikoGretaSylviaWolfePolicromaRadiant DawnZeoHawkleafand 6 others.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 22, 2017
    I'm just gunna toss my 2 cents in here...

OHGODNOReactionGif.gif~c200

2...many...WINGS...

Policroma