Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Gachapon...

Comments

• nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I agree but one pitfall with your idea is that after the sale of the gachapon is over, the coins essentially become useless. Maybe if coins are universal for all future gachapon? It would certainly make people happy who only want to spend a certain amount each time a new gachapon rolls in and they can get something substantial when they collect enough. Spending a massive amount of money at once is not something many people like to do. Most people are more willing to spend money for a handful, ten or just one big 45 stack but not $200 worth.

Hmm I think maybe it would be good if the coins were tradeable among players so that the one stack of 11 can still get players a little bit of gold from the people aiming for the huge prizes.

tbh id like a gacha recycle system. To be able to change anything you get from the gacha into coins then spend the coins to get something you'd actually like. This way you won't end up with ridiculous amount of trash in your inventory and probably get something worth while with all the money you spent.

heh, that recycle system doesn't sound too bad actually. it'd definitely get my vote at least
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 22, 2017
    GMNkeona wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I will go ahead and forward this feedback, so we can execute this better(prices, etc) if we decide to do it again.

Unless you can get Korea to be fair to us, you might be wasting your breath. All Korea cares about is draining money form people willing to spend thousands on this crap, and we get nothing in exchange for how much we spend.

We provide feedback and complaints, and they act like we don't even exist. Its quite insulting.
    Carlize wrote: »
    I haven't tried the gacha yet so I'm not sure of the odds, but I like that they're guaranteeing the ability to get something. And the amount of coins required for the dress is already cut by more than half of what the tail box was during the wishbone event. Even just last gacha, I spent more than the average gacha amount it'd take to get an Enn's Dress, and got absolutely nothing. This at least makes it so people get something. And considering the vast majority of gachas since 2017 started don't even have a side reward, the coins are good enough imo. I'm also excited that the Great Outdoors and Bright Summer outfit sets are back, they've been going for way more than they're worth just due to the rarity.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I'm not too mad at how they are doing the gacha this time around because this is something they don't do with every gacha. Where you trade in coins you get for other items. The only other time nexon has done this is back on november. If this was common then I could see this to be something to be upset about but since this isn't common, I'm not too mad. It's just different is all.

That doesn't warrant making it so that you're still 99.99999% likely to get from the Gacha, with only 1/1000th of a fraction of a percent chance of getting an item that's broadcasted as one of the main prizes. And not everyone has the ability to blow $600 a week on pixels.
    Obsim
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    How about volunteering the rates for getting these prizes, much like Korea is forced to do because of anti-gambling laws? Maybe it'll affect business a little bit, but at least it'll allow players to make an informed decision about whether they should gamble their money away. Seeing numbers might even give some players a glimmer of hope that they can get what they want, and the transparency looks good for Nexon.
    XiokunSylviaWolfeTairiku
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Sylek wrote: »
    Nexon had a marvelous idea, let's add coins to the gacha so players can get more rewards and encourage them to buy more gacha. The issue, this will frustrate a lot of players with limited wallets or no wallet at all. They should add a way to work for some coins at least, and maybe buff up the number of coins from the box a little. I'm sure there are still some players that are rich and lazy enough to buy the thousands of gacha to get everything. But it makes some stuff available to everyone.
    I'm fine with adding the coins, it's a nice touch. But please, for the love of god, why make it exclusive?

I agree, I wish coins were available to get through an event in game too. I know with the wishbone event they did that, but I'm pretty sure you had to buy gacha, too, to at least get a tail.

I mean even if we weren't allowed to get wings through in game coins only, at least a chance at the dress and some other prizes or something would be nice.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    It's a psychological ploy to get the people with deep wallets to spend more than they usually would. By throwing in these little coins, they create the idea that if you just keep throwing more money on the fire, you are "guaranteed" a reward for it.

We must be running out of whales if Nexon is trying to milk them even harder.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    My husband got 20 something box's.. The only nice thing he got was a toilet with a mustache ._.
    SawaZeoXiokun
  • SawaSawa
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    got 3..
    just no.. .-.
    Run away from these rates.
    SylviaWolfeRukiya
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Shaeli wrote: »
    It's a psychological ploy to get the people with deep wallets to spend more than they usually would. By throwing in these little coins, they create the idea that if you just keep throwing more money on the fire, you are "guaranteed" a reward for it.

We must be running out of whales if Nexon is trying to milk them even harder.

Yup
    I think they have more psychologist on staff figuring out ways to get people to drop tons of cash on gachas then people working on actual content
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing those summer sets from it go down in price. This is disgraceful.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited June 22, 2017
    When you can make dyes for free via Magical dye wells, and when you get pet sales that give almost 700 dyes for free, it's pointless to get 1 dye from the $1.50 you spend to buy a gachapon.

Even then you get free black dyes from black dragon, you have events coughing up dyes all the time. I can synth neon blue dyes by the buttloads, and so can pretty much everyone else who has a dye well. Charging this much for a gachapon that has a near zero chance of giving you anything but dyes is stupid. Even if it gave crappy npc items from G1, like a spiked helmet, at least you npc that.

You can't do anything with these dyes, not even with their color schemes. There are maybe 1 ~ 5 people per server who like these colors, and they'll buy them dirt cheap or make the dyes themselves. You essentially buy this gachapon with a limited budget and get squat back in returns, this is a carnival attraction with coins and prizes glued to the tables. It is futile and not worth a single cent.

Guys, if you read this, don't take this gachapon lightly and expect wings the first 2 tries. You will get nothing but crappy event dyes you can get for free elsewhere.
    GretaSylviaWolfe
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 22, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I will go ahead and forward this feedback, so we can execute this better(prices, etc) if we decide to do it again.

We know you won't do this same gacha again. So just try and do it for the future gachas. Or...better yet, start doing shopping bags again. Players should be able to dress the way they want and not blow all their rent money.

Btw guys. The wings...they FLAP. :O
    badnewsbarrettSylviaWolfe
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    ONLY if gacha doesn't give sooooooooooooooooooooooooo-
    many fixed dyes and training potion, I would not complain at all.

This applies to any gacha.
    KokoroAeolysRukiya
  • CrittenzCrittenz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    I both like an hate this Gatcha.
    I like that the coins were added as a means to get a guaranteed prize for those that aren't all that lucky with gatcha. If you ignore the coins this is just like any other gatcha, you get a couple cool things and a bunch of other things you didn't really want.
    I hate that you have to spend SO many coins to get anything worthwhile. I would love some of the wings, but I'm not paying 170+ dollars for a pair of wings. It's not worth it at all no matter how pretty they are. So I'll take my chances with how much I'm willing to spend on the regular gacha nonsense and the coins I suppose I'll just get some shadow crystals or something with.

If you ever do this sort of gatcha again you should seriously consider how much you are charging people for an item. Honestly this is a rip off. You guys really dropped the bomb on this one. It's one thing to let us spend however much we want for a chance at something great. It's another thing entirely to say hey "You can have this" but only if you spend 100's of dollars. 400 coins is at minimum 133 boxes and that's only if you get three coins each time. Realistically you won't. So either up the amount of coins you get or lower the price of the boxes.
    Policroma
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The coin system is a nice touch, adding to the already terrible Gachapon system.

But the issue is as stated many times. It's unrealistically expensive, that it gets so insulting, making us just want the old system back again.
    Aeolys
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910

Unless you can get Korea to be fair to us, you might be wasting your breath. All Korea cares about is draining money form people willing to spend thousands on this crap, and we get nothing in exchange for how much we spend.

We provide feedback and complaints, and they act like we don't even exist. Its quite insulting.
    Carlize wrote: »
    I haven't tried the gacha yet so I'm not sure of the odds, but I like that they're guaranteeing the ability to get something. And the amount of coins required for the dress is already cut by more than half of what the tail box was during the wishbone event. Even just last gacha, I spent more than the average gacha amount it'd take to get an Enn's Dress, and got absolutely nothing. This at least makes it so people get something. And considering the vast majority of gachas since 2017 started don't even have a side reward, the coins are good enough imo. I'm also excited that the Great Outdoors and Bright Summer outfit sets are back, they've been going for way more than they're worth just due to the rarity.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I'm not too mad at how they are doing the gacha this time around because this is something they don't do with every gacha. Where you trade in coins you get for other items. The only other time nexon has done this is back on november. If this was common then I could see this to be something to be upset about but since this isn't common, I'm not too mad. It's just different is all.

That doesn't warrant making it so that you're still 99.99999% likely to get from the Gacha, with only 1/1000th of a fraction of a percent chance of getting an item that's broadcasted as one of the main prizes. And not everyone has the ability to blow $600 a week on pixels.

Don't gasp when you gach, if you cannot afford to....just don't
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Froglord wrote: »

Even then you get free black dyes from black dragon, you have events coughing up dyes all the time. I can synth neon blue dyes by the buttloads, and so can pretty much everyone else who has a dye well. Charging this much for a gachapon that has a near zero chance of giving you anything but dyes is stupid. Even if it gave crappy npc items from G1, like a spiked helmet, at least you npc that.

To be honest I don't want things to return to lousy 5k-NPC-Trash items either. And that's been a problem. Yesterday's 50m fashion item is tomorrow's trash item, and folks need to chill when a fashion item receives its inevitable gacha spam. (Which is now the return of certain chairs.)

A dye-heavy gacha was simply an extremely bad idea after that pet-gacha. Now I've already said my piece as far as what they *could* have done. (*ahem*hairdyes*ahem*) Other ideas might include ancient powders (to use up all those CP enchant scrolls from the LAST gacha....), gem powders/diamonds for ego weapons, etc. Also I really wish shamala medals would return more often, as I rarely have the opportunity to work on my collection.

But I think for gachas to ever get "better" 2 things have to eventually happen:

1. Nexon needs to get out of the trash-vs-treasure jackpot mentality.
    2. Fans have to understand that fashion items will eventually return in greater numbers, whether they believe it's good or bad.

I think the absolute best thing nexon can/should do is go by a trading card mentality. For this, have a more expensive gacha (Let's say hypothetically... $10-$15 per try) with no "trash" items. When a gacha has like 30 featured items (as it did this time around) there should be more than enough to keep gamblers happy just having those items on their own. Featured items should have equal chance to drop, and should only be worth more or less by their individual demand, not because only 1 drops for every 30,000,000,000 dyes.

But how to bring back previous items? Implement previous gacha items older than a certain point into drop tables in dungeon chests (such as the older Shakespeare items) so they can be reasonably obtained in-game (no jackpot upon jackpot crud like party wear, Ophelia, or Cute Princess Dress, which are technically in-game but I doubt anybody has ever obtained them that way). This way instead of "spamming" them so that their worth drops to nothing, they lure folks into the still-unattended dungeons. Imagine, for example, if you could find tuan wings or dyes in AAHM and they had roughly a 3-5% chance of dropping? You might have more people running that dungeon, and with friends.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I got my toilet. I'm over this gacha now. :*
    SylviaWolfeAeolysnevyn25Rukiya
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    guys they are making this the last complete gocha before the new ruling starts: http://www.adweek.com/digital/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    watercat0 wrote: »
    guys they are making this the last complete gocha before the new ruling starts: http://www.adweek.com/digital/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/

Those rules do not apply to NA unless the courts here rule against them.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    And for the next Got-ya-pon(read as Fooled-you-pon) you can get a Soluna Blade for the amazingly low price of $1,500. :*