Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Gachapon...

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 23, 2017
    watercat0 wrote: »
    guys they are making this the last complete gocha before the new ruling starts: http://www.adweek.com/digital/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/

Stop it. You're spreading miscommunication. This is not a complete gachapon. The only complete gachapon we had was over 5 years ago with NPC coins. And stop assuming that complete gachapon is the same as ordinary gachapon. Read the article for once and comprehend it. Lastly, we are in the global server (NA, AU, and EU), which does not include Japan. Japan laws doesn't have any bearing outside of Japan. You're like that stupid wiki editor who edited the wiki to say that grey wolves drop friend summoning capsules and thinks that it made it so in the game. Quit it.
    GretaBlissfulkillNegumikoZeoGakkuriaquaCarlize[Deleted User]HuwTairiku
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Aeolys wrote: »
    You're like that stupid wiki editor who edited the wiki to say that grey wolves drop friend summoning capsules and thinks that it made it so in the game.
    That...
    nick-cage-lol.gif
    Is ridiculous.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Rhey wrote: »
    You're like that stupid wiki editor who edited the wiki to say that grey wolves drop friend summoning capsules and thinks that it made it so in the game.
    That...
    nick-cage-lol.gif
    Is ridiculous.

DbPO61l.gif
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I got my toilet. I'm over this gacha now. :*

I lost as well. I guess I....flushed all my money down the drain, huh? :p
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    edited June 23, 2017
    guys they are making this the last complete gocha before the new ruling starts: http://www.adweek.com/digital/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/

Stop it. You're spreading miscommunication. This is not a complete gachapon. The only complete gachapon we had was over 5 years ago with NPC coins. And stop assuming that complete gachapon is the same as ordinary gachapon. Read the article for once and comprehend it. Lastly, we are in the global server (NA, AU, and EU), which does not include Japan. Japan laws doesn't have any bearing outside of Japan. You're like that stupid wiki editor who edited the wiki to say that grey wolves drop friend summoning capsules and thinks that it made it so in the game. Quit it.

"Coins are acquired from the gachapon in quantities of 1-3."

"you can redeem in the Exchange Shop for the following items;

Gleaming Wing Box - 400 Coins
    Enn's Wig - 300 Coins
    Enn's Clothing Box - 150 Coins
    Echo Shoes - 80 Coins"

20120508kompugacha.png

nope this is legitly 100% complete gachapon, you are spending money to gain coins for a random chance to get the item and for the main prize.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    So stepping away from the coins for a second there is something small about this gacha that Nexon did that deserves praise, if you go the the announcement on the main page and hover over a new item it will show you a picture of the item. It's nothing major, but it is still a noticeable improvement over trying to find someone wearing the new item while also not locking their equip view so you can see what it is because the wiki hasn't updated yet.
    badnewsbarrettRadiant DawnSylviaWolfeHuw

Enn's Wig - 300 Coins
    Echo Shoes - 80 Coins"

20120508kompugacha.png

nope this is legitly 100% complete gachapon, you are spending money to gain coins for a random chance to get the item and for the main prize.

I am not entirely sure. The gachapon guarantees coins in varying amounts, but they are not the only prizes to be won, which although may be perceived as "worthless" are prizes on their own that don't add up to anything, whereas the law may be banning the incentive of gathering several items for a grand prize, which is of course, subjected to RNG. (Which coins sort of fall under, due to varying amounts)

Not quite sure, both of us would have to read the legislation.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010

Enn's Wig - 300 Coins
    Echo Shoes - 80 Coins"

20120508kompugacha.png

even if it is a "complete gachapon" that doesn't matter as that law doesn't apply to nexon NA.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    dra011 wrote: »
    even if it is a "complete gachapon" that doesn't matter as that law doesn't apply to nexon NA.

no but we shouldn't make them do this to us, sheme nexon for doing it and they'll have nowhere else to use it.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 23, 2017

Enn's Wig - 300 Coins
    Echo Shoes - 80 Coins"

20120508kompugacha.png

Except that these prizes from the coin shop are also obtainable in from the gachapon in the first place and are not an exclusive grand prize. Also, our gachapon aren't giving out tickets to collect, we are getting a gachapon item and the coins. Complete gachapon gives you items A, B and C which combines into item D. Our gachapon and complete gachapon are completely different. Again, this is happening in Japan, which is not part of any country in Global. Your lack of logical reasoning is an embarrassment. Are you even capable of seeing the difference between your left shoe and a turkey leg?
    Now, you are like that moron wiki editor who persistently , over the course of months,edited the final hit page to say that the "user gathers the power of the wind element".
    GretaCarlize[Deleted User]Tairiku
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

Enn's Wig - 300 Coins
    Echo Shoes - 80 Coins"

20120508kompugacha.png

Except that these prizes from the coin shop are also obtainable in from the gachapon in the first place and are not an exclusive grand prize. Also, our gachapon aren't giving out tickets to collect, we are getting a gachapon item and the coins. Complete gachapon gives you items A, B and C which combines into item D. Our gachapon and complete gachapon are completely different. Again, this is happening in Japan, which is not part of any country in Global. Your lack of logical reasoning is an embarrassment. Are you even capable of seeing the difference between your left shoe and a turkey leg?
    Now, you are like that moron wiki editor who persistently edited the final hit page to say that the "user gathers the power of the wind element".

I can't be the only one who thinks this discussion is derailing more with every comment, if it wasn't already completely derailed from the beginning. let's just stay on-topic and discuss this gach, instead of fuss over some minor law that may or may not apply to us.
    badnewsbarrett
  • dra011dra011

no but we shouldn't make them do this to us, sheme nexon for doing it and they'll have nowhere else to use it.

shaming nexon will get us nowhere nexon are a company all they care for is money and despite how many people disagree with this gacha it still made money thus they will still do it they may change it a tad as i saw NKEONA in here somewhere but they will still do it the only way to get them to stop is to not buy gacha but there are plenty of people who will buy gacha regardless so this is never work.
    I would argue that overseas Nexon wouldn't implement make an entirely new gachapon for us to take advantage, but it should be noted that the Halloween Accessories Enchants seem to be introduced only to NA, and in the grand scheme of things, a coin system wouldn't be hard to make anyway if you already have made it for previous gachapons before the law.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I find it amusing how much people are dropping on this gacha just to get toilets as a result. It's like nexon is telling us something.
  • dra011dra011
    I can't be the only one who thinks this discussion is derailing more with every comment, if it wasn't already completely derailed from the beginning. let's just stay on-topic and discuss this gach, instead of fuss over some minor law that may or may not apply to us.[/quote]

this is how most of the forum posts go thought it has one topic that gets derailed due to one thing or another
    however on the topic of the gacha i honestly think the rates could be better but that could be said for all the gacha lately and the coin thing is a good idea but they should have been obtainable in an event as well as not needing as much to get some of the things 400 for a box of wings is a tad much and 300 for a wig is just plain asinine even more so when the clothing box that goes with the wig is only 150.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 23, 2017

this is how most of the forum posts go thought it has one topic that gets derailed due to one thing or another
    however on the topic of the gacha i honestly think the rates could be better but that could be said for all the gacha lately and the coin thing is a good idea but they should have been obtainable in an event as well as not needing as much to get some of the things 400 for a box of wings is a tad much and 300 for a wig is just plain asinine even more so when the clothing box that goes with the wig is only 150.

It is relevant as it still is talking about gachapons.

Plus

tumblr_nna5xeJO681t9sksvo1_400.gif
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Guys, just don't bother with this gacha. Instead buy Eweca Orb. They give guaranteed artifacts for your exploration levels and most items are similar to other gachas because you can get dyes and training potions too. Also they have better chances with rewards. Got White Dominion Wings in my very first pull lol. That was my first gacha purchase by the way :D
    Aeolys
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Greta wrote: »
    Guys, just don't bother with this gacha. Instead buy Eweca Orb. They give guaranteed artifacts for your exploration levels and most items are similar to other gachas because you can get dyes and training potions too. Also they have better chances with rewards. Got White Dominion Wings in my very first pull lol. That was my first gacha purchase by the way :D

Lucky, I believe I have spent more than $200 on Eweca Orbs so far because I really want that two-toned Cupid wings (why did they make an untradsble item extremely rare? Seriously..) but no luck and I haven't pulled any wings from Eweca Orbs too, lol.

My luck must be really crappy with gachapons...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Zeo wrote: »
    Lucky, I believe I have spent more than $200 on Eweca Orbs so far because I really want that two-toned Cupid wings (why did they make an untradsble item extremely rare? Seriously..) but no luck and I haven't pulled any wings from Eweca Orbs too, lol.

My luck must be really crappy with gachapons...

Awwww... Seriously they should make them tradable or release tradable version somewhere :c
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 23, 2017
    I would argue that overseas Nexon wouldn't implement make an entirely new gachapon for us to take advantage, but it should be noted that the Halloween Accessories Enchants seem to be introduced only to NA, and in the grand scheme of things, a coin system wouldn't be hard to make anyway if you already have made it for previous gachapons before the law.

haven't seen those enchants mentioned in other servers yet so I believe it really is NA only. I will continue to believe this until I see proof of those accessories enchants in other countries :| I wanna say more on that matter, but I'll hold my tongue