Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Gachapon...

Comments

• EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    So i opened like 133? gachas. Only good things i got were fluttering headband, the big infernal wings(not ceremony) and Shimmering cross echo dress. 133 gachas? And that's all i got to show for it. I dont gacha ever but im surprised that it's rly this hard to get wings...
    badnewsbarrett
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited June 23, 2017
    The only thing i got was the Song of grief(?) transformation medal.
    So pretty much all i wanted but i got a least one or a lot of every category of items;
    Clothing
    Chairs
    Dyes
    And no wings.

They really should've made the rewards 1/3 of the price for the coins. It Would have made ALOT more sense.
    50 for the clothing box (That has like 6 types of clothes in it)
    100 for the Wig (cause 300 is outrageous)
    like 30-40 for shoes maybe?
    And maybe like 130 for the wings (cause its literaly a box with 1/36 chance of getting the wings you want)
    Zeo
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Also, another thing that really bothers me is that, even if we collect enough coins to redeem 'guaranteed' rewards, these are yet again RANDOM. They should have brought it like Bingo Gacha we used to have (remember the one that gave us choice of different colored Butterfly Wing?). But this one? No... 400 Coins for another random wing is just ridiculous uu);;
    badnewsbarrett
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Aeolys wrote: »

Except that these prizes from the coin shop are also obtainable in from the gachapon in the first place and are not an exclusive grand prize. Also, our gachapon aren't giving out tickets to collect, we are getting a gachapon item and the coins. Complete gachapon gives you items A, B and C which combines into item D. Our gachapon and complete gachapon are completely different. Again, this is happening in Japan, which is not part of any country in Global. Your lack of logical reasoning is an embarrassment. Are you even capable of seeing the difference between your left shoe and a turkey leg?
    Now, you are like that moron wiki editor who persistently , over the course of months,edited the final hit page to say that the "user gathers the power of the wind element".

the law doesn't state where you should have gotten them, it only says if you are required to collect (something) for grand prize. There are exclusive, when was the last time we have summer school suits... ya that was a long time ago, oh and don't forget every other set in 2000 - 2010, we haven't gotten any sets back. The law doesn't state what a (something) is considered a requirement for complete gachapon, it can be anything because the people who made this law knew the different aspects of complete gachapon systems. So you going to this law because it has no requirement for 1+2+3+4+5=X because he law states (1)that anything worth spending (2) and you are required to get (something) for (3) the grand prize is the award, then by law it is considered complete gachapon. Japan made this yes but japan is one of many top 5 gaming communities in the world, if they can't use this system then they will start this on US and korea more than ever to cover cost. It sounds great but not for everyone and think of how much they can set the bar for these grand price. Do you want mabinogi to be like "For Honor" because it will get expensive later on.

also insulting people will not get you anywhere.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    watercat0 wrote: »
    the law doesn't state where you should have gotten them, it only says if you are required to collect (something) for grand prize. There are exclusive, when was the last time we have summer school suits... ya that was a long time ago, oh and don't forget every other set in 2000 - 2010, we haven't gotten any sets back. The law doesn't state what a (something) is considered a requirement for complete gachapon, it can be anything because the people who made this law knew the different aspects of complete gachapon systems. So you going to this law because it has no requirement for 1+2+3+4+5=X because he law states (1)that anything worth spending (2) and you are required to get (something) for (3) the grand prize is the award, then by law it is considered complete gachapon. Japan made this yes but japan is one of many top 5 gaming communities in the world, if they can't use this system then they will start this on US and korea more than ever to cover cost. It sounds great but not for everyone and think of how much they can set the bar for these grand price. Do you want mabinogi to be like "For Honor" because it will get expensive later on.

also insulting people will not get you anywhere.

But we're still not collecting anything for an exclusive prize. Completing a clothing set is not a grand prize. The summer school sets are just another gachapon item, we don't collect anything to get it. *exasperated sigh* If anything, nothing is going to change in Mabinogi in Japan. We, Japan, Global and Korea, will still have these very ordinary gachapons. Open gachapon, get prize.

This game is Korean, if anything we would follow Korea's content direction. Japan would also follows Korea's content releases and they do their own Japan exclusive Full Metal Alchemist gachapon and Nekojima. Neither us Global nor Korea got Japan's stuff. If there are changes in Japan, we are unlikely to be affected. The branches of content distribution would be Korea as the root, and all other servers as branches, exclusive to each other, not affecting each other.

Your grammar also hurts me greatly.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The only thing i got was the Song of grief(?) transformation medal.
    So pretty much all i wanted but i got a least one or a lot of every category of items;
    Clothing
    Chairs
    Dyes
    And no wings.

They really should've made the rewards 1/3 of the price for the coins. It Would have made ALOT more sense.
    50 for the clothing box (That has like 6 types of clothes in it)
    100 for the Wig (cause 300 is outrageous)
    like 30-40 for shoes maybe?
    And maybe like 130 for the wings (cause its literaly a box with 1/36 chance of getting the wings you want)

said earlier IMO 1/4th to 1/5th the cost is what they really should have been the wing box at most should have been 100 coins due to the abysmally low rate to get the color, and style you want.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    But we're still not collecting anything for an exclusive prize. Completing a clothing set is not a grand prize. The summer school sets are just another gachapon item, we don't collect anything to get it. *exasperated sigh* If anything, nothing is going to change in Mabinogi in Japan. We, Japan, Global and Korea, will still have these very ordinary gachapons. Open gachapon, get prize.

This game is Korean, if anything we would follow Korea's content direction. Japan would also follows Korea's content releases and they do their own Japan exclusive Full Metal Alchemist gachapon and Nekojima. Neither us Global nor Korea got Japan's stuff. If there are changes in Japan, we are unlikely to be affected. The branches of content distribution would be Korea as the root, and all other servers as branches, exclusive to each other, not affecting each other.

Your grammar also hurts me greatly.

again we are collecting exclusive prize, you will never get it again in years to come, we been through this many times with many sets. Also the law doesn't say it needs to be exclusive so your logic or whatever law you thinking doesn't work (the law wouldn't have worked if it said exclusive). Plus it says "selling to residents of japan", something like corrupt evil Valve try to do with australia saying it "doesn't sell in australia". Guess what even if you live somewhere else you still get fine!
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    "Coins are acquired from the gachapon in quantities of 1-3."

"you can redeem in the Exchange Shop for the following items;

Gleaming Wing Box - 400 Coins
    Enn's Wig - 300 Coins
    Enn's Clothing Box - 150 Coins
    Echo Shoes - 80 Coins"

20120508kompugacha.png

nope this is legitly 100% complete gachapon, you are spending money to gain coins for a random chance to get the item and for the main prize.

I'm not a lawyer, but I would agree that this current gacha's coin system falls under that piece of Japanese legislation as kompu gacha. But in case you missed the other people pointing this out to you, this is Nexon America/Global who is not affected by Japanese law in any regard. Shut up and go talk about it in the thread you made in Town Square and used to try and misinform the entire forum base with your completely incorrect interpretation of the law's definitions.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 23, 2017
    again we are collecting exclusive prize, you will never get it again in years to come, we been through this many times with many sets.
    Why are we talking about exclusivity of prizes? Aren't we talking about the Complete Gachapons?
    Also the law doesn't say it needs to be exclusive so your logic or whatever law you thinking doesn't work (the law wouldn't have worked if it said exclusive).
    That's not the point, we're talking about Complete Gachapons. In my last post, I was explaining about complete gachapon, which you seem to not understand.
    Plus it says "selling to residents of japan", something like corrupt evil Valve try to do with australia saying it "doesn't sell in australia". Guess what even if you live somewhere else you still get fine!
    They sell to the residents of Japan because they operate in Japan and they play on Japan servers. The law doesn't affect us since we aren't playing on the Japanese servers. Japanese laws affect Japanese game services. American laws affect American game services. Japanese laws do not affect American servers. Japan does not own Mabinogi Global. Also: Valve's Steam operates all over the world, making your comparison very poor.

Can you just see that Complete Gachapon and Regular Gachapon are different? We don't have a Complete Gachapon, its an ordinary Gachapon!

Edit:
    Oh my god, that article he cited was over 5 years old. Complete gachapon was already illegal for over 5 years; right after the npc coins were around. Its been five years and nothing happened. Good job watercat0, you got us good.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Oh my god, that article he cited was over 5 years old. Complete gachapon was already illegal for over 5 years; right after the npc coins were around. Its been five years and nothing happened. Good job watercat0, you got us good.[/quote]

and troll of the year award goes too watercat0 congrats
    Carlize
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited June 23, 2017
    dra011 wrote: »
    Oh my god, that article he cited was over 5 years old. Complete gachapon was already illegal for over 5 years; right after the npc coins were around. Its been five years and nothing happened. Good job watercat0, you got us good.

and troll of the year award goes too watercat0 congrats [/quote]

good catch
    I personally didn't bother responding to him as I read it, and what he was saying didn't line up at all to what it said, and someone already tried explaining that. Learned on other forums just ignore people like that as if one person can't explain why they are wrong to them it is pointless to join in, and best to let the conversation die as the person is either a troll, or 100% hopelessly clueless, and you can explain till the day you die in the simplest terms imaginable, but they will still think they are right no matter what.
    Carlize[Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 24, 2017

GG. Op's thread almost got de-railed then in this case.
    giphy.gif
    Carlizepawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 24, 2017
    there's a reason watercat0 was banned on the old forums. just wait..... in due time...
    GretaSylviaWolfeCarlize
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I was hoping for more a show-and-tell for the outcome of the gachapon but it somehow became a personal dispute between a few posters.
    badnewsbarrettSylviaWolfe
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Chairs, dyes, gold boxes
    Pretty much all you're gonna get.
    Arjune
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Chairs, dyes, gold boxes
    Pretty much all you're gonna get.

I actually enjoy those being a prize. Still trying to fill my bag with them.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Have you guys ever thought that, maybe, your definition of a Kompu Gachapon is not the legal definition in Japan? Stop discussing matters you are not knowledgeable in. I'd hate to say it, but I do not think anyone here is a full fledged lawyer.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    To get us back on topic, it seems the best ways to fix the gacha issue is:
    1. Better rates for the gacha, making it worth buying in the first place
    2. Either reduce cost of items via coins or increase number of coins earned
    3. Make coins available in game for free, but gacha guarantees you get more.
    4. Pick what you're pulling from the shop, not randomized reward.
    Am I forgetting anything?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited June 24, 2017
    Sylek wrote: »

Maybe less of these neon dyes that are already over-saturated in the market from previous gachas. And less of what other crap people collectively hate to see in these boxes.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Sylek wrote: »

Maybe less of these neon dyes that are already over-saturated in the market from previous gachas. And less of what other crap people collectively hate to see in these boxes.

randomized rewards is how gacha works in the first place though, since it's a voluntary gamble. but I absolutely agree the rates should be better. now it's mostly a few players pulling something good on their first (and sometimes only) gach, while most buy at least 2 stacks and get nothing. and the coin system in and of itself is good, since it guarantees something worthwhile, but it could indeed have been pulled of a lot better