Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Memento Weekend Giveaway Event!

KysiraiKysirai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
edited June 24, 2017 in General Chat
I get that it's called a giveaway event but this really feels like a rich person throwing sheckles into the streets. Stay logged in for an hour to be one of 10 people on the server to get, ahem, drum roll please... 5 fine reforges. While I can't comment on the echostones since 1. i don't know how they work 2. I really don't care how they work and 3. I have no desire to run momento's dungeon anyway; I find it kind of ridiculous to even make an announcement about this like it's some grandiose thing.

I'm probably over exaggerating and I know it's just a random chance for extra loot but this is one class in a high school getting a pizza party instead of standardized tests levels of annoying to me.

nnjPabK.png

Comments

• CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    If you don't like it then don't participate, simple.

Otherwise it's a nice bonus for people who are already doing the dungeon. And you don't have to be rich at all to do even the intermediate one as long as you've actually trained skills up. I don't see what your gripe about this is.
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    jfntxpN.png

So, the new Memento Weekend 'Giveaway' Event is actually just another gachapon. Is this what hot time events have become? Has the recent backlash not been clear enough to Nexon that we're tired of the constant barrage of RNG events/cash items? To me, this event seems like a poorly designed attempt to make up for the bad Memento gachapon. It's also very unfair for players who are in more populated servers who will face lower chances to be selected as a winner.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    But they're just being nice by giving us free stuff.... How is that a bad thing?
  • BroochBrooch
    edited June 24, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    But they're just being nice by giving us free stuff.... How is that a bad thing?

What? They're giving 10 people... or should I say 10 accounts (because there will definitely be tons of people using their alts for this event) five reforges. The problem is the execution of this event.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's just a give away. The only thing people need to do is stay online for 46 minutes, something that takes no time at all to do and the prize is only 5 reforges, not something huge.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Lmao, I didn't notice your screenshot was edited at first.
  • VlaidnessVlaidness
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Google Chrome Mobile's new tab brought me to this specific post so I'm going to do you a favor as someone who stopped playing this game a good couple years ago.

Stop playing this game. It's beyond its prime and is now a shell of what it once was. No story updates or really, any updates of genuinely new content other than pay2haveachance@somethingnice and reflavored other events. If you have friends that still play this it's understandable but by all means, you're better off switching games.

For example, FFXIV. 70 bucks for an initial investment, but holy hell it's an amazingly fun game. (Ive put in 130 hours on it in three weeks.) Black Desert has good reviews and I heard it's about 10 Bucks maybe more. Mabi is done, consider moving on. ^_^
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 25, 2017
    Vlaidness wrote: »
    BLAH blah blah

apparently if your phone is still bringing up Mabi then it's not 'dead'. You say no updates of new content when we just got a new quest and dungeon with echostone tab / system LAST WEEK, and we got the potential system a month or so before that, and we got the AP skill training somewhere in between. We also still have the giant combat revamp, the grandmaster system revamp, and the Dan system revamps to look forward to in the future

get out
    SylviaWolfe
  • VlaidnessVlaidness
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Arjune wrote: »
    BLAH blah blah

apparently if your phone is still bringing up Mabi then it's not 'dead'. You say no updates of new content when we just got a new quest and dungeon with echostone tab / system LAST WEEK, and we got the potential system a month or so before that, and we got the AP skill training somewhere in between. We also still have the giant combat revamp, the grandmaster system revamp, and the Dan system revamps to look forward to in the future

get out

My phone bringing up mabi in the first place is due to my pulling it up earlier this month. I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually updated the story after two years of nothing. Are you referring to the combat revamp from a year or two ago? Because if we really want argue semantics revised content isn't new content it's edited content.

AP skill training makes me laugh because it renders g11's Brionac completely useless now, and it makes hitting r1 anything child's play if you happen to have inordinate amounts of AP lying around.

I wanted this game to improve but all I see anymore is Fashinogi and desperate cash grabs in the form of gamblegachas.

The potential system basically runs itself for more freebies. Nothing in this game feels legitimately earned, not even skills now. I played since shortly after the game started, and was impressed with it because it brought things to the market that no other game did. Yet instead of capitalizing on that, they rely on gimmicky crossovers and ruined a lot of interesting characters. (Looking at you Lugh.)

Tl;Dr wow they updated story, freebies are lame, and oldie complaining about "back in my day".
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited June 25, 2017
    no I'm referring to the new changes to wind guard and stomp, new weapons, armor, and shield for giants that KR got about 2 months ago

Brionac is not useless. it has lower ap cost still than most of the new ap training, it just has a long cooldown.

the potential system is to encourage people to level up by offering incentives. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially for newbies that may feel discourage at being thousands of levels behind veteran players. the rebirth pots offered through the system helps them, and the veteran players can increase their total levels to get more stats for shine of eweca (another recent update). it's good for everyone

actually they didn't update the story. While the new quest does have a small story, it's separate from all the rest of the story of the game. We're still waiting for G21 which I feel has taken too long, but it hasn't been 2 years... G20 was April of last year and even KR hasn;t gotten a G21 so I'm not sure what the hold-up is. Possibly the new director is planning something big, but he had a lot of things planned beforehand and the Grandmaster revamp and Dan revamp was part of that. Maybe he puts the story on hold til he finishes those projects which includes an entire new skillset

idk why I bothered to type all that or why you're bothering to still be here though. or why you bothered to look it up on your phone earlier this month since clearly you think it's dead
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited June 25, 2017
    Stop playing this game. It's beyond its prime and is now a shell of what it once was.
    Explain me what make you think that you have any rights to tell ppl what they should play and what they should enjoy, slavery is not legal anymore, the only person you own is yourself. btw as an old time fan of final fantasy i can say the original final fantasy is totally dead since ffx (if you actually enjoy the new ff that means you are like those players that enjoy the new mabi), but its fine, there is still enough jrpg games that follow the old formula and the new one seems to have fans too so its a win/win for everyone.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 25, 2017
    Lately i'm seeing too much silly complains in forums for this game. What's going on? Edgy kids are having too much free time because summer break just started for them now?
    NilremXiokunYokkaichi[Deleted User]
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    We also still have the giant combat revamp, the grandmaster system revamp

Not trying to shoot you down or anything. But the Giant combat revamp doesn't matter to anyone but people who actually play Giants. Which is a rather smaller number when you compare it to the much larger number of people that play Humans or Elves.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 25, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »

Not trying to shoot you down or anything. But the Giant combat revamp doesn't matter to anyone but people who actually play Giants. Which is a rather smaller number when you compare it to the much larger number of people that play Humans or Elves.

I'm Human player, but Giant revamp still sounds really interesting and important to me, because it's obvious that Giants are least playable characters in Mabinogi. If revamp will be a huge success and i will like it, maybe i 'm going to spend more time on my Giant alts :)
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Just consider there's no such event.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

It's gonna start mattering when people notice how buffed up giants get. B)
    Besides, even if you're not a giant, if you're a human/elf who can blacksmith, guess what! New stuff to make and sell! :D
  • ArjuneArjune

That may be true, but it's still new content... and other races can still collect the new weapon/armor mats to sell to giant players for gold I guess. it also comes with the ability to fly in dunbarton and a few other Uladh maps which effects everyone :P
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually updated the story after two years of nothing.

Well then you would be incorrect seeing as Nexon released the Generation 20 storyline update on April 2016 of last year. So to be technical it had really only been a year since the last story update. Honestly considering this is a F2P game and it doesn't have much of a population anymore these days I think that level of story updating is probably quite reasonable. Seeing as the game surely doesn't have the sort of budget for more frequent updates due to lacking a steady source of reliable profit like a P2P game such as FFXIV would provide.
    The potential system basically runs itself for more freebies. Nothing in this game feels legitimately earned, not even skills now. I played since shortly after the game started, and was impressed with it because it brought things to the market that no other game did. Yet instead of capitalizing on that, they rely on gimmicky crossovers and ruined a lot of interesting characters. (Looking at you Lugh.)

Tl;Dr wow they updated story, freebies are lame, and oldie complaining about "back in my day".

You're really just coming off as nothing but a rather salty old player who will just hate the current state of the game no matter what Nexon does. Since it seems you're a little too fixated on how the game used to be many years ago. So if you feel the game is no longer for you then it would seem more prudent to spend you time on something you actually currently enjoy rather than wasting your time complaining on the forums here.

Also, I personally firmly believe the game has actually improved compared to when I quit 4 years ago. Since upon returning to the game last month I found myself quite pleasantly surprised at all the new content and the fact that Nexon finally stopped ruined end-game crafting by repeatedly throwing the best end-game gears in gachas. That and I honestly think that stuff like AP Training, free weekly rebirths, and the Potential system are nice. Because they help make the game feel more accessible to newbies. Which I think the game definitely needs with it's diminished population.

• BroochBrooch
    edited June 25, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Just consider there's no such event.

And what would that solve? Events are hard to ignore. Much like you have expressed your opinion about the way Mabinogi sales are conducted, I also wish to do so with this event. Thanks.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 25, 2017
    You're going to need a level up event for Giant Revamp at least. Half price off Elites and Heros. 2x AP. Shared rewards on accounts. The fact that one has to actively SEARCH for giants for Mirror Witch is proof enough that their population is extremely small.