Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Viva la wingless!

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited June 25, 2017 in General Chat
Join me. Wings have become utterly ridiculous. I have liberated myself and put up my white angel wings for sale today. Shocked a lot of guildies since it was one of my signature items that I sought after for so long and wore forever. But I am done because everyone has them and they are looking more and more stupid.

Viva la wingless!

giphy.gif

1. Are you done with wings???69 votes
    1. Yes, it has become ridiculous!
       52% (36 votes)
    2. No, I wub my wings... ;-;
       48% (33 votes)

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    edited June 25, 2017
    No hate to those that wear theirs proudly (I was right there frothing over the void night wings a while back), I just find they've started to clutter my outfits. I'm digging the simpler, wing-free life currently.
    Crimsọn
  • FerghusTheBlacksmithFerghusTheBlacksmith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    I've never liked or cared for wings since they were released. I think they're gaudy, to be honest. You should add an option like "I've never cared for wings" or something like that, maybe.

The wings that are being released nowadays are just ridiculous. There are miniature versions and regular versions. The regular versions are just over-the-top, honestly. I'm waiting to see if they're gonna release "Large" versions of them, which would probably be the size of 4 full-grown giants when equipped to a 10 year old human.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    edited June 25, 2017
    It does feel like they over killed it on the wings. I mean, should there really be 24 pages of wings in the Dressing room? And most of them are the same wings in different colors. It's rather sad, for me anyway, that there are more wings than robes; But I guess many players love wings so they create more wings.

Edit: To add on this this, it always seems like every new type of wings has to out-do the previous in some way; be that is glows, actual flapping wings, larger size, sometimes smaller too. I'm just waiting for when they start giving the next new type of wings any form of buffs such that many players will believe they have to get those wings, then I'll laugh.
    Twelie
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Well, they are giving what their targeted audience wants.
    Shiny cutie toy wings and emo clothes. It keeps their game alive so I can't blame them.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited June 25, 2017
    Gonna stay neutral on this one...

I like my butterfly wings, but I don't really seek out new wings... I think Devcat has gone a bit overboard with some of them. Sometimes less is more, ya know?

I did wear my festia wings when I got them as they were a trophy of sorts. Beyond that? I'm not really big on "quad" bird-wings and Nexon seems to be going crazy with them.

Also, I'm kinda starting to like the idea of capes and cloaks that are separate from your main outfit. Sure they'd clip, but what in this game doesn't?

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Eh. I don't wear wings because I don't buy style tab and don't want to have to repair them. That is the only real reason.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sphyra21
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    So.. let me get this right, you sold your White Angel wings because you didn't like how more and more people were wearing them? I mean... of course, that is completely up to you but I do feel like that is a silly reason to give up your wings... but I do agree that they're pushing out too much wings as of lately though.. KR Mabinogi got like four set of new wings within last two months and I just feel like it was too much within the short time of period.

As someone who enjoy getting and using some wings... I could use some break from spending too much gold or real life cash on wings... especially if they keep spitting out the new wings every month.
    Grea wrote: »
    To add on this this, it always seems like every new type of wings has to out-do the previous in some way; be that is glows, actual flapping wings, larger size, sometimes smaller too. I'm just waiting for when they start giving the next new type of wings any form of buffs such that many players will believe they have to get those wings, then I'll laugh.

Inb4 they start handing out the permanent version of Festia wings you can get from gachapons that still have some of the effects that buff the players... I kinda can see that happening, to be honest, lol.
    badnewsbarrettGretaRadiant DawnTairikuCarlize
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I like wings and I will always look forward to new ones. Of course some will not be to my taste but same goes with everything.
    ZeobadnewsbarrettGretaGoldtiger01Sawa
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Only thing good about this post is deadman wonderland even though the anime sucked :D
    Greta
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I never saw the appeal of wings. I've always thought of wings as a representation of in-game power. Deity and spirit characters in the story comes to mind. There are also Champions (rank 1 Paladins) and Demigod transformation that gives the character wings. When cosmetic wings rolled in, they stop being a symbol of power and became peacock feathers.
    RoytonAlmostNotsuperSaiPolicromaTairikuTentacleLiberateAell
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I just leave mines in the dressing room. Since I can fly without them. And I hate how they clip my beginner skirt.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Those larger wings are pretty much overkill. I like the smaller ones, like the Carnelian Hummingbird Wings which were just the right shade of orange. Apart from that, the rest of my wing 'collection' is pretty minimal. an SAO pair I lucked out with getting, and the free wings from the Valentines stuff.

Honestly though I'm no stranger to being in a community that's been obsessed with equippable wings. Lookin' at YOU, Gaia Online.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I only like wings because I like having that holy, godly feel to my character. ' -' Not because of some rad fad.

But uh...
    congratz on trying to make a powerful gesture by selling wings...?

More so congratz on the person who wanted those white angel wings and got them. :smile:
    badnewsbarrettGretaZeo
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I love my wings, I only played for like a year before I got my first pair and I've been wearing them ever since, I have quite a few pairs now and being without them kinda makes me feel naked. I love seeing other people with wings and how they incorporate them into their outfits, and I love seeing what wings I have work with what outfits I own. Plus it gives me something to do, by having to make dyes and sell them to save up for more pairs. Eventually I'd like to have a set of every pink or red wings in game (not so much the super tiny ones because I don't much care for them, anything Cupid or bigger though.)
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    I personally only like the simple / classic wings like angel, cupid, humming bird and occasionally the sao wings.. but these days I don't wear them at all :')... I don't really fancy the other wings like dominions or anything else because they are either too big or simply not pure white.

But yeah I do have to agree the wing game has gotten excessive and gaudy lately, nexon should really tone it down.
    Policroma
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 25, 2017
    I love wings, but more simple ones like various Angel wings, Butterly wings, Flame wings, Demon Wings, Cupid Wings, Dominion wings and such. Astro and Frostblossom wings are okay too. But i hate wings that have a really weird shape on them and also some look too colorful. Wings i really dislike because of that are various Glass wings, Archangel wings, Axia wings and of course all these new memento wings because they just look too ridiculous.

Anyway back to your White Angel Wings... I feel sorry for your wings, because they are losing an owner who wore them for years... How can you abandon your good old wings just because someone else is wearing those ridiculous new wings? Just ignore the wings you dislike and wear the ones which you like to wear for yourself, Gaea. Don't give up on your White Angel Wings... D:

EDIT: Just noticed one sentence you said in your post. You said that you hate wings because they look stupid and everyone has them now. If so, then i'm getting the message that you want to be special snowflake who's the only one wearing White Angel Wings. At least, that's what i understand now after these few words. Honestly, i think it's good that everyone can have it now, because i remember wings costing at least 7-10m gold in past and it was usually one of those crappiest kinds anyway. Newbies would feel instantly discouraged because of these high prices. But now, newbies can easily find nice wings for like 4m and sometimes way more less than that, because Nexon released too much wings so players are finally feeling overwhelmed by them.
    ZeoPolicromaCarlize
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Wings just make my elf look less woodland type of feel and more "high elf" or boastful to me.
    Not for or against wings cause they look nice for humans and giants.
    But they just are not for me.
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    I don't mind certain wings just cos I think they tie my outfits together. Nowadays, I wear the ones I can dye because they feel more special in my colours than the classic/fixed colour ones. But I agree that wings are getting super ubiquitous and some are ridiculously huge.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 25, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    So.. let me get this right, you sold your White Angel wings because you didn't like how more and more people were wearing them? I mean... of course, that is completely up to you but I do feel like that is a silly reason to give up your wings... but I do agree that they're pushing out too much wings as of lately though.. KR Mabinogi got like four set of new wings within last two months and I just feel like it was too much within the short time of period.

As someone who enjoy getting and using some wings... I could use some break from spending too much gold or real life cash on wings... especially if they keep spitting out the new wings every month..

Yes sir, I got rid of them. I just got to a point where I feel like they are tacky. They glowed, they were distracting. I feel like and have finally admitted to myself that the only reason why I had them was because they were popular and were some kind of status symbol. I have better things I could spend the gold on.

So I am going my own way without wings.
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Gaea wrote: »
    They glowed, they were distracting.

Omg, I thought I was the only one who doesn't like the way wings glow. That's why the Echo Dress is putting me off...