Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Viva la wingless!

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Brooch wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    They glowed, they were distracting.

Omg, I thought I was the only one who doesn't like the way wings glow. That's why the Echo Dress is putting me off...

Yeah that, that's the reason why I didn't bother with that dress either. I think a lot of other players feel the same. Which is probably why the dress is not selling for as high as I thought it was going to be. But even though I can find one for 10m - I'm not touching it. They ruined it with the glow.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 25, 2017
    if only they would stop making

1) Static colored wings that can't be dyed
    2) wings that are way too fancy and ornamented to the point they barely match anything (glass wings I'm looking at you)
    3) wings that glow in the dark -_- PLEASE stop making glow wings. STOP

maybe I would be more interested in the wings if they weren't always like that ^. I don't know why they keep releasing such overdone, glowing eyesores, and they show no sign of stopping if you've seen the 2 recent anniversary gachas in Korea. We keep giving feedback on how we want dyeable wings but what do they do? They still release a ton of static colored wings along with ONE that can be dyed, but only with a special dye just for that wing :| That's so cringe worthy

I still have my few pairs of wings that I really like, but lately I'm getting tired of wings wings wings wings WINGS!! and the only reason they keep making them is people keep throwing their money at them like they're the best thing ever
    GretaZeoRadiant DawnPolicromaTwelie
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I love my Twilight Glass wings. The purple goes well with my purple/white clothing colors, and my purple skin :)
    But I also agree that I'm getting tired of seeing so many wings in the gachas. I have a couple of pairs now, and I'm satisfied with what I have, but these newer wings just look so over the top, that they look kind of...unappealing...
  • YummhiYummhi
    Mabinogi Rep: 290
    Meh, I only like the Cupid Wings. The rest are just to much for me, haha. Only thing they're really good for is farming money from fashinogis. *shrugs*
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    mmm, well i only has 2 which are sunrise glass wings and boneblade wings. i pretty much use them for outfit specific theme. like for example: using boneblade for the vampire-ish look and glass for calm and peaceful fairy. i dont really use those wings outside those said outfits really. heh. i do admit the amount of wings is crazy. if it looks nice and decent (somewhat) then i MIGHT consider it but other then that i'll just stick with what i have currently.
    Greta
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    It would be much better if Nexon made wings and put them in a shopping back, and that their wings could do THIS;

847bdc4a0af21cd293323572514d933e.gif

Real wings that are correctly shaped and made so 1. They don't look so odd like weird furry daggers and 2. We can PROPERLY FLAP / FLY WITH THEM.
    CrimsọnTentacleSawa
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I never really felt right with wings on. I have a couple sets and almost never wear them just because they either clip through outfits or otherwise look silly or unreal. It's more unique to put together nice outfits without wings lol most people just throw together the latest expensive fashionogi items and slap their most expensive wings ontop.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 26, 2017
    I dislike how wings are used. Basically, people will often wear it to indicate a possession of significant wealth alongside the newly released clothing than any attempt to look good. Honestly? If having a completely invisible set of clothing drop so rarely as to be 100 Million Gold per piece, you'd probably see those same people apparently in their underwear. It is an exaggeration, but it annoys me how prideful and shallow this practice is, and by extension, the people who do it.

I am not asking you to change anything, and if you think you look good, we can disagree, and be on our own ways. I just want you to ask yourself questions to raise some self awareness.
    Twelie
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    edited June 26, 2017
    Really got to ask this. Was it worth making this thread?
    GretaCarlize
  • MaiaMaia
    edited June 26, 2017
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Really got to ask this. Was it worth making this thread?

Is anything? lol it's a discussion forum, people can discuss whatever they want if people are willing to respond. I'm not trying to troll or anything but someone could just as easily ask "was it worth making this post?"

@Blissfulkill I agree lol if invisible equips were 100m a pop you'd see a lot of nudity. At least 50% of "fashionogi" is just price, not what looks good.
    LostLinksTentacle
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Hummingbirds are the only ones I like because of how small they are. I wish they would add those small wings incubi wear, too.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    I like some wings, but I don't wear them.
    Fox Ears+Fox Tail=♥

• watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Grea wrote: »
    Edit: To add on this this, it always seems like every new type of wings has to out-do the previous in some way; be that is glows, actual flapping wings, larger size, sometimes smaller too. I'm just waiting for when they start giving the next new type of wings any form of buffs such that many players will believe they have to get those wings, then I'll laugh.

Today angel wings tomorrow Dominions wings the highest in ranking:

example
    deluxe1.jpg
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    watercat0 wrote: »

example
    deluxe1.jpg

May as well make those wings have a buff skill that mitigates damage, but then create a new raid boss that just has one-shot moves that only those wings can protect you from. Add that the wings come from a gachapon but you have to collect feathers that also come from the gachapon to craft the wings that are rank 1 in some production skill, and there you go.
  • MaiaMaia
    watercat0 wrote: »

example
    deluxe1.jpg

May as well make those wings have a buff skill that mitigates damage, but then create a new raid boss that just has one-shot moves that only those wings can protect you from. Add that the wings come from a gachapon but you have to collect feathers that also come from the gachapon to craft the wings that are rank 1 in some production skill, and there you go.

And they expire.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Maia wrote: »

And they expire.

But, in another gachapon a few days before they actually expire, it will have a permanent wing coupon for those wings only.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    But, in another gachapon a few days before they actually expire, it will have a permanent wing coupon for those wings only.

Except, they aren't permanent wing coupons. They only extend the expiration timer.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Except, they aren't permanent wing coupons. They only extend the expiration timer.

And replace the wings with new wings of a different color, requiring wing specific dyes that drop rarely from the Gachapon and are worth 5 million each.
  • MaiaMaia
    edited June 26, 2017

And replace the wings with new wings of a different color, requiring wing specific dyes that drop rarely from the Gachapon and are worth 5 million each.

Did we mention they equip into a new tab which requires a new VIP++ service which is an extra $20 a month. Also 1 durability and 1m to repair.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Maia wrote: »

Did we mention they equip into a new tab which requires a new VIP++ service which is an extra $20 a month. Also 1 durability and 1m to repair.

And also they are bound to your character forever from very start when you pull it out from gacha.