Check out the patch notes for the G25 Hypernova: Eclipse update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63952/g25-hypernova-eclipse-patch-notes-december-17th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AFK Event Exploit bots

Comments

  • KazukixdKazukixd
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Posts: 13
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

    Says the one who got salty on wing items and sold them just because they got too flashy all of sudden and everyone has them now. Rofl.

    Why are you commenting on his business when it has nothing to do with this thread?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,903
    Member
    edited June 27, 2017
    Kazukixd wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

    Says the one who got salty on wing items and sold them just because they got too flashy all of sudden and everyone has them now. Rofl.

    Why are you commenting on his business when it has nothing to do with this thread?

    The point is that she should care about this, because everyone will have Golden Fruits and Gold Boxes. Which means they either will sell them for a HUGE profit or have them for themselves, but instead of only having rewards gathered from a single account, they will have hundreds of more Gold Boxes and Golden Fruits from multiple botted accounts, which sounds extremely unfair.
    My bf only afked for few days on his single account on every alt character and gathered Golden Fruits for selling. And guess what? He already made at least 10m gold from selling only fruits and Direct Dyes for a week. That's a HUGE profit for doing NOTHING, just afking. So now imagine a guy who uses at least 4 accounts getting MORE rewards. The guy is probably making around 30m or more EVERY WEEK. This is not funny at all after i thought about this...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Kazukixd wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

    Says the one who got salty on wing items and sold them just because they got too flashy all of sudden and everyone has them now. Rofl.

    Why are you commenting on his business when it has nothing to do with this thread?

    The point is that she should care about this, because everyone will have Golden Fruits and Gold Boxes. Which means they either will sell them for a HUGE profit or have them for themselves, but instead of only having rewards gathered from a single account, they will have hundreds of more Gold Boxes and Golden Fruits from multiple botted accounts, which sounds extremely unfair.
    My bf only afked for few days on his single account on eery alt character and gathered Golden Fruits for selling. And guess what? He already made at least 10m gold from selling only fruits and Direct Dyes for a week. That's a HUGE profit for doing NOTHING, just afking. So now imagine a guy who uses at least 4 accounts getting MORE rewards. The guy is probably making around 30m or more EVERY WEEK. This is not funny at all after i thought about this...

    I think it would be more reasonable to list reasons why to care, such as what you did, then essentially attack their hypocrisy, which doesn't quite disprove their point as a fallacy, as it attacks the character of the person making the claim then the rationale behind the claim.

    I understand why people do point out double standards. It is annoying when people lack self awareness, but it is no more valid an argument than determining smoking is not harmful when a smoker tells a younger person not to smoke on the claim that smoking is harmful.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

    Says the one who got salty on wing items and sold them just because they got too flashy all of sudden and everyone has them now. Rofl.

    -shrugs-
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Posts: 315
    Member
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Come on now, remember when some community events got cut rewards because people tried to enter multiple times and stuff? That's just frustrating.

    I don't remember that happening while I was around, but a number of people are already experiencing this with the conflict nerf. This only hurts the legitimate players, not the botters. All the botters have to do is slap down some code and make more bots to compensate for the nerf. :I If the events were nerfed, this same thing would happen. More bots to compensate for the loss.

    I can't quote the particular events where it happened, but while Sabina was the CM, we had some forum-announced events that allowed only one entry per person, but then people got caught creating new accounts only to get multiple submissions. They ended up being caught and then it was said that the next event rewards wouldn't be as good because of people like that. Correct me if my memory serves me wrong, I do really feel like that happened though.

    Also, on a note unrelated to the person's post that I quoted..I don't mind at all if people do this event on their alts. If the game permits it on a single account, it's fair game, because we have an actual measure in place that makes you choose a main character in the case that this would no tbe okay.
    However, multi-accounting for it? Different story. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but in this case it might just. Guess we'll be going right back to untradable stuff on the next event, huh?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    One day, we will only be able to play on one account through one IP address to prevent these exploits. Then another poopstorm will start with the community because "its hurting them oh so severely" that they want things back to their original exploitable self.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    One day, we will only be able to play on one account through one IP address to prevent these exploits. Then another poopstorm will start with the community because "its hurting them oh so severely" that they want things back to their original exploitable self.

    It used to be like that actually, on the old website if you started making too many accounts it would block you. But that didn't stop people, there are other ways.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Posts: 319
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    One day, we will only be able to play on one account through one IP address to prevent these exploits.

    I hope not. That would easily screw over people living in the same household.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Aeolys wrote: »
    One day, we will only be able to play on one account through one IP address to prevent these exploits. Then another poopstorm will start with the community because "its hurting them oh so severely" that they want things back to their original exploitable self.

    People really underestimate how easy it is to bypass an IP block/ban. IP addresses can be changed fairly easily.
    Raishii wrote: »
    Aeolys wrote: »
    One day, we will only be able to play on one account through one IP address to prevent these exploits.

    I hope not. That would easily screw over people living in the same household.

    And it'd honestly hurt people like this a lot more than the people such a block would actually target.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    I got it! Make ALL prizes untradable! Or at least, it makes it more inconvenient for alt/bot/things to abuse the prizes. Maybe make it bank transferable thought, that would be fair.
    pawcalypse
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Posts: 519
    Member
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I can't quote the particular events where it happened, but while Sabina was the CM, we had some forum-announced events that allowed only one entry per person, but then people got caught creating new accounts only to get multiple submissions. They ended up being caught and then it was said that the next event rewards wouldn't be as good because of people like that. Correct me if my memory serves me wrong, I do really feel like that happened though.

    I know this happened with the SAO art event. A bunch of people entered more than once, and it got so ridiculous that people were posting stolen art or paying others to draw things for them, so Sabina had to start a whole new thread and you had to prove the art you were entering was actually yours and made by you. How, Idk, I just know it happened. I had been making something myself for it, but I never entered.

    There were also people who would freak out when wings were given away as prizes during forum contests because they didn't win, which is why they're not given out as prizes anymore.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,080
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I got it! Make ALL prizes untradable! Or at least, it makes it more inconvenient for alt/bot/things to abuse the prizes. Maybe make it bank transferable thought, that would be fair.

    I got a better idea.

    B̹͖ A̛ Ṉ̷̺̯͓̩ͅ.͚̠̣̙ E̷̙̯͔͎͚ͅ V̧ E̪̠̥̤̲ͅ R͔͈͓͈͉ͅ Y Ơ͕ N̩̝̜̥͈̣ E͢

    :D
    pawcalypseMeyTwelie
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,685
    Posts: 313
    Member
    Sheesh! Some people! I've been getting rewards with my alts for this event, sure...to use on those characters specifically! I even actually play the characters while waiting on rewards: grinding skills, doing quests, earning gold (because, yes, I do like to have my alts earn 95% of the gold they use for gear, potions, skill books, etc.), and exploring. I do hope that events like this don't get cut in the future, since I do like being able to pick up useful rewards for all of my characters (Training potions, gold boxes, experience fruits? Great. My female alt can get those higher levels of her music skills raised a bit quicker, my elf mage can get some more AP for leveling his spells, and everyone can carry more gold using less inventory space. Yay!).

    Also, it may have inspired a few people with alts they haven't touched in a while to fiddle around with them again. You know, like someone tried to do something funky with the character's first talent, but ran out of AP or hit a grinding wall. But, lo and behold, they can now log into that character during this event and maybe get some inspiration on what to do with that alt...But, maybe I'm getting carried away now.

    But, I guess people trying to take advantage of events like this just to make some extra cash is an unavoidable side-effect of these sorts of AFK events in a game that doesn't automatically log you out if you're AFK for more than two or three minutes...(I really hate when games and sites automatically log you out. Sometimes you get called away from the screen for longer than expected to help do something or find something or you get dragged into a prolonged IRL conversation because a family member needs to vent and you're the one person in the house who's actually good at being a shoulder to cry on. I can understand why some games/sites do it, especially if they have permanent timed rewards that AFK bots could wrack up and imbalance vital in-game systems, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.) The best you can do is report suspected rule-breakers and keep enjoying the game. Though, be aware that some of those folks may just be players with unoriginal character names and a case of the lazys...
    badnewsbarrett
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,497
    Member
    Nexon used to have a wall of shame to deter and discourage bots and exploiters. They were also given temp bans from a day up to a month. I wonder what happened to it...
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member
    why not just pay people to take care of bots.... and monitor the game... oh.....*cough*
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    edited June 27, 2017
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    why not just pay people to take care of bots.... and monitor the game... oh.....*cough*

    This has been discussed before, you get rid of one and another one immediately replaces it. That's just how things are and why we should just unfortunately leave it alone. Let our GM's take care of more important things, like tickets, events, and future content.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It feels like the word "alt" has been tainted as of late.

    It no longer seems to mean "Characters that aren't my main, on my one and only account", but instead means "alternate account(s)".

    Someone with multiple accounts, and the ability to log on to them simultaneously, effectively gets X times as many rewards as an ordinary player.
    Not just for events like this, either.

    Really, just report suspected abusers.
    Don't fall victim to the apathetic mindset of "It's been going on for so long, why bother trying to stop it".

    This! Having a mindset like what some people have been saying is only going to enable users to continue to break the Code of Conduct by abusing things and gain unfair advantage over others...
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

    To be honest, you just proved @Iyasenu's point by saying you don't care about what others do...
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,903
    Member
    edited June 28, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    why not just pay people to take care of bots.... and monitor the game... oh.....*cough*

    This has been discussed before, you get rid of one and another one immediately replaces it. That's just how things are and why we should just unfortunately leave it alone. Let our GM's take care of more important things, like tickets, events, and future content.

    If we start ignoring exploits in game then there will be a lot of players who will quit this game because of this, which means R.I.P Mabinogi for sure.
    Also, i don't think that our GM's have power to create new events/content, that's KR Dev's job.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    edited June 28, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It feels like the word "alt" has been tainted as of late.

    It no longer seems to mean "Characters that aren't my main, on my one and only account", but instead means "alternate account(s)".

    Someone with multiple accounts, and the ability to log on to them simultaneously, effectively gets X times as many rewards as an ordinary player.
    Not just for events like this, either.

    Really, just report suspected abusers.
    Don't fall victim to the apathetic mindset of "It's been going on for so long, why bother trying to stop it".

    This! Having a mindset like what some people have been saying is only going to enable users to continue to break the Code of Conduct by abusing things and gain unfair advantage over others...
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

    To be honest, you just proved @Iyasenu's point by saying you don't care about what others do...

    Sure, lets just not acknowledge my later comment.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sure, lets just not acknowledge my later comment.

    Well, to be fair... the GMs don't really decide when we get the future content as that's mainly up to KR to decide when we get new patch and whatnot. I'm sure it is the same for most events too... so...

    And yes, people will continue to find another way to abuse stuffs even if they got in trouble or anything but you wouldn't want your main to be banned for doing those kind of things, would you?