Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Real Talk: The Gender Imbalance in Mabi

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 27, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    something something the personal experience of one is not representative of the entire process. The personal experiences of a crowd also won't be exact, and they'll be more biased given this subject.
    Until NA starts giving out exact rates on gacha drops, this is going to be more speculation than anything.

I dunno... This is Rhey we're talking about. For all we know, his personal experiences may account for 80% of Mari's gachapon openings.

Indeed. He has like....30 to 40 Altered Ferghus hammers that were received from an NX Package which implied it was directly bought.

You get one hammer a package, and they cost 12,900 NX, or $12.90...

About 80 to be more precise... :*
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Wow... just wow.... give the damned economy a rest for once would you? if it's not that it's race inequality..... or bad gacha rates..... justes enjoy the games for cripes sakes. <Rant Over>. OH AND DEATH TO SERVER MERGERS!!!!!!!
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Arjune wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    >(M) don't have access to as much skirts/S-Shorts variety as (F) has to pants and L-shorts.

Holy freaking crap please no more male short shorts. obviously you're not looking properly ... apparently you're not looking at all if you think males still need short shorts. A few more skirts, ok, if you're into that...as a joke... but I want more pants. it seems like most of the outfits from the last 2 years for males is short shorts

i relate to what your saying, but skirts are no joke. shouldn't be into skirt fashion as a male and be considered a joke, thats as much of a joke as girls wanting to wear pants.

plus we dont get awesome shorts like females do. we get these weird squared pollygon rolled up shorts, thats with every "cute male outfit"(literaly copy and pasted to EVERY cute male outfit)
    -pumpkin bat outfit
    -sheep sonata
    -rabbit parka
    -cute raccoon cub
    -rabbit retoi (doesn't count but those r pretty ugly (no offence to the artist winner)

When eluned outfits came out, we actually got some nice fitted shorts.

Junpaku
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 27, 2017
    Obsim wrote: »
    OH AND DEATH TO SERVER MERGERS!!!!!!!

proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8QFMR.gif&hash=c353a7c62e8af29686189b41be056698

Wrong thread mate.

• anthyanthy
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I dont know if this is new to anyone but the KR 13th Anniversary gacha released some pants and shorts awhile ago
    67181244.jpg

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 27, 2017
    anthy wrote: »
    I dont know if this is new to anyone but the KR 13th Anniversary gacha released some pants and shorts awhile ago
    67181244.jpg

God. Dang it.

Those overalls are totally clothes you put in a direct for NX clothing bag. A bit tacky and not too flashy.

I have so much rage that using Rage impacts kills all the players on my party.

RAGE!!! :(
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah most of us saw it already. Like always male outfits like meh... lol.
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 27, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Ikr...?

eIkr9RG.gif

/Sigh
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 27, 2017
    They need to give males a princess dress instead. :D
    Xiokun
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Greta wrote: »

Ikr...?

eIkr9RG.gif

/Sigh

I know. I mean, yeah, they released new pants, but as usual females only get shorts and males only get pants. :/ Same old same old. Nothing new to see here. *sigh*

I think it would be nice if males got more skirts and females got more pants.

Buffalos wrote: »
    something something the personal experience of one is not representative of the entire process. The personal experiences of a crowd also won't be exact, and they'll be more biased given this subject.
    Until NA starts giving out exact rates on gacha drops, this is going to be more speculation than anything.

I dunno... This is Rhey we're talking about. For all we know, his personal experiences may account for 80% of Mari's gachapon openings.

Indeed. He has like....30 to 40 Altered Ferghus hammers that were received from an NX Package which implied it was directly bought.

You get one hammer a package, and they cost 12,900 NX, or $12.90...

About 80 to be more precise... :*

Also Rhey I would like to give you my most sincerest thanks for single handedly keeping the game afloat. :P

• RheyRhey
    edited June 27, 2017

Also Rhey I would like to give you my most sincerest thanks for single handedly keeping the game afloat. :P

picgifs-nailed-it-amazed-excited-6563386.gif

You flatter me.
    BlissfulkillWolfandWolf
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    To be honest... I'm quite glad the male outfits are cheaper and less in demand because I can buy them for cheaper and not have to worry about buying extremely expensive items that female characters use...

I like the idea of making outfits unisex but I feel it'd make the price be more worse as both male and female players try to get the same item... maybe just make the (M) and (F) version of the identical outfits or something?
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    Zeo wrote: »
    To be honest... I'm quite glad the male outfits are cheaper and less in demand because I can buy them for cheaper and not have to worry about buying extremely expensive items that female characters use...

I like the idea of making outfits unisex but I feel it'd make the price be more worse as both male and female players try to get the same item... maybe just make the (M) and (F) version of the identical outfits or something?

I kinda prefer just having one unisex outfit than two separate identical outfits for each gender. [then again its just my personal problem for playing both genders] It's just one more outfit to re-dye for me, and having a color code that doesn't exist on a dye palette and only in dye gachapon :').....

//stares at both m&f treasure hunter/special double breasted suit/ nuadha robe/ etc eluned outfits
    William's preppy outfit was a godsend to me

also I rather just pay for it once than pay for it twice :I...
    Twelie
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I kinda prefer just having one unisex outfit than two separate identical outfits for each gender. [then again its just my personal problem for playing both genders] It's just one more outfit to re-dye for me, and having a color code that doesn't exist on a dye palette and only in dye gachapon :').....

//stares at both m&f treasure hunter/special double breasted suit/ nuadha robe/ etc eluned outfits

Many people only play one character, and Zeo is probably right. The market that would want it would converge on one item instead of split up into two, making prices much higher than their separate versions.
    Zeo
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145

For me

Unisex clothing>gender restricted clothing>gender and race restricted clothing

TwelieJunpaku
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870

Many people only play one character, and Zeo is probably right. The market that would want it would converge on one item instead of split up into two, making prices much higher than their separate versions.

The price really depends on where the item comes from. If it was from a gacha then yeah zeo would probably be right. But if it was like a outfit bag or an exchange event then the price wouldn't differ that much for a unisex item vs an outfit for each gender.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030

The price really depends on where the item comes from. If it was from a gacha then yeah zeo would probably be right. But if it was like a outfit bag or an exchange event then the price wouldn't differ that much for a unisex item vs an outfit for each gender.

Yes, that'd be correct..

Like if the unisex outfits came from gacha, it'd be more expensive compared to the female version because both male and female players would be trying to get them but if it's like.. an outfit bag or something you can easily get from the event, that wouldn't really be an issue. :)
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i dont agree on unisex, thats too complicated.
    i personally would like if two gender items that look identical were unisex. other then that. i dont see a lot of clothes atm that can be given to male characters vice versa and fit properly.... like bra based equips and V lines.... (things that makes this comment really squinty to look at)

I do how ever thing their should NEVER, EVER, BE A gender exclusive weapon.... thats single handedly baseless... i HOPE they release pompom and bat elunes
    TwelieTairiku
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited June 30, 2017
    jeee...its almost like girls tend to like fashion a bit more than guys.

and as such are more likely to buy new outfits.

yes there are more F exclusive outfits, cause as any clothign industry, or video game, can tell you through studies and statistics. F tend to sell more, and care more for visual appearance. while arguably M tend to focus more on effectiveness(which also carries to real life.......when you see a guy wear the same clothes they wore yesterday.....cause its "Comfortable".....its still dirty. change <.< )

Wanted to talk about this. It seems like you assume here that all female characters in game are also females in real life. (If not, sorry. That's just the impression I got.) That's definitely not the case. There are plenty of guys who play female characters. Plenty of female outfits are skimpy and appealing in that sense. It's less that girls "like fashion a bit more" and more that there are more female characters with people who care more for... various reasons.

I won't deny girls are definitely more into their own looks and the looks of other girls, but guys are into the looks of girls as well, probably over looking at other guys. I believe that is the biggest point. There's just way more demand for those three reasons.
    WolfandWolfTairikuJunpaku
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 30, 2017
    Twelie wrote: »
    jeee...its almost like girls tend to like fashion a bit more than guys.

and as such are more likely to buy new outfits.

yes there are more F exclusive outfits, cause as any clothign industry, or video game, can tell you through studies and statistics. F tend to sell more, and care more for visual appearance. while arguably M tend to focus more on effectiveness(which also carries to real life.......when you see a guy wear the same clothes they wore yesterday.....cause its "Comfortable".....its still dirty. change <.< )

Wanted to talk about this. It seems like you assume here that all female characters in game are also females in real life. (If not, sorry. That's just the impression I got.) That's definitely not the case. There are plenty of guys who play female characters. Plenty of female outfits are skimpy and appealing in that sense. It's less that girls "like fashion a bit more" and more that there are more female characters with people who care more for... various reasons.

I won't deny girls are definitely more into their own looks and the looks of other girls, but guys are into the looks of girls as well, probably over looking at other guys. I believe that is the biggest point. There's just way more demand for those three reasons.

Yeah I did...kind of...felt uncomfortable over the comment of "girls just like fashion more", because I didn't think that was quite the situation in the game, but I didn't know how to address that. I like how you worded it.
    TwelieJunpaku