Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Viva la wingless!

Comments

• KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Are the new wings supposed to be that big on giants or is that a model glitch?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Reading this thread reminds me of why I went with Incubus wings.

I can dye them, they don't glow in the dark, they look reasonable on one's back, and they actually flap during wing flight.
    Kimberly wrote: »
    Are the new wings supposed to be that big on giants or is that a model glitch?

Yes, yes they are meant to be that big. Most wings look larger on giants. Even incubus wings look larger on giants.
    And I don't mean as in scaling up. Wings are much larger compared to one's character if on a giant.
    This is why some of the newer wings are the size of a building if on a giant.
    Kimberly
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Really got to ask this. Was it worth making this thread?

Yes. Suck it.
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I like some of the wings, especially the classics (cupid, angel, incu) because they're so simple and add a nice silhouette to characters. I must agree that some of the newer wings are so awful and tacky, esp the ones in this most recent gacha.

black cupid wings for life, over here
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    So... you're getting rid of your wings because everyone has them now??????

And I'm not seeing the "New wings are ridiculous and ugly" as a valid reason, because you can simply ignore them, they are hideous, yes, but I ignore them and pay them no attention.

Well okay. Good for you. lol
    CarlizeZeoGreta
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Harukari wrote: »

And I'm not seeing the "New wings are ridiculous and ugly" as a valid reason, because you can simply ignore them, they are hideous, yes, but I ignore them and pay them no attention.

It's great that you can ignore the new wings and pay them no attention, but others like myself find it difficult to do so when they're as huge as a building and everyone is spamming party ads buying them. :/
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited June 26, 2017
    Brooch wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »

It's great that you can ignore the new wings and pay them no attention, but others like myself find it difficult to do so when they're as huge as a building and everyone is spamming party ads buying them. :/

yea most of the new ones are trash.
    I got a pair of the new ones out of the gacha I will say they look the best out of the wings released in ages, but I hate the glowing, and how they don't actually touch the human females back like pretty much every wing. That and they can't be dyed... I got the smaller wings that looks more normal sized, and not those gigantic ridiculous ones. If I see an add wanting to buy them they are gone.

I have multiple wings, and honestly only ones I use at any time, and wouldn't sell are my incubus wings, and that is only for when I want to look like a demon(mainly around Halloween). Other then that they spend their time in the dressing room.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited June 26, 2017
    you can ignore

This is the best solution.

Why do people care other people's fashion so much? It's none of your business. Let them do whatever they want. I don't mind people wearing bunch of wings and drools about it and I don't mind OP post something like this. Just don't jump into troll's flame.

But, I still do not like people instigate other people just because they don't like.
    HarukariPolicromabadnewsbarrettZeoRadiant DawnGretapawcalypseHawkleafTairiku
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Robes for life. I've never cared to wear wings. Maybe if they were like a flying mount like in PWI, Aion, and so forth.
    pawcalypse
  • HarukariHarukari

I don't see how it's so hard. Maybe because I don't main the market channel 24/7.
    But even when I do go to market channel I ignore the party ads and wings just fine :/
    badnewsbarrettpawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Look guys you can wear what you want. I don't care. I just personally have outgrown wings and I was curious about how many people like that are out there. I'm not trying to jump down people's throats and dictate what they should or should not wear. It's merely an opinion shared.
    LostLinks
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited June 26, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Look guys you can wear what you want. I don't care. I just personally have outgrown wings and I was curious about how many people like that are out there. I'm not trying to jump down people's throats and dictate what they should or should not wear. It's merely an opinion shared.

Yea leaving your opinion is not a bad thing. However, whether your intention was good or bad, this post still triggered some people which is a fact. So it's the best to think before bring something like this because it sounds like 'I'm tired of bunch of these wings, those people who wear wings are excessive trend followers(or add some bad word here) that don't look nice to me.". Though myself is not triggered or anything as I said above. You do know this since you hang out on forum a lot. You did want to hear other people's opinion but this is more like 'Wings are terrible' rather than 'What do you think about these wings?' since you already showed your own opinion/thought.

Tbh, I wish they could bring something else more than just wings. (NOT TAIL PLEASE THOUGH). Or at least better chance to have costumes for everyone.
    Greta
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Why do people like to collect wings so much? You can only wear one wing. Is it really just to collect them? Are they some kind of trophy; an achievement? An achievement that you spent money, gambled and won randomly? I just don't get it.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Why do people like to collect wings so much? You can only wear one wing. Is it really just to collect them? Are they some kind of trophy; an achievement? An achievement that you spent money, gambled and won randomly? I just don't get it.

One word.
    Fashionogi.
    pawcalypse
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited June 27, 2017
    Aeolys wrote: »

I think it would depend. I like to collect them because I love to have options, and not every pair of wings looks right with every outfit. There are times where I tend to get bored easily of what I'm wearing, so I enjoy changing up what my character is wearing. So in that case, I'd say yes, it is just to collect them, but to wear them too.

If people like to collect them after gambling for them though, I don't blame them for that either. There have been times where I've hated selling things I got from gacha (not wings but just items in general) because I spent real money on them, so I don't blame people for not wanting to let them go.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Ellisya wrote: »

Yea leaving your opinion is not a bad thing. However, whether your intention was good or bad, this post still triggered some people which is a fact. So it's the best to think before bring something like this because it sounds like 'I'm tired of bunch of these wings, those people who wear wings are excessive trend followers(or add some bad word here) that don't look nice to me.". Though myself is not triggered or anything as I said above. You do know this since you hang out on forum a lot. You did want to hear other people's opinion but this is more like 'Wings are terrible' rather than 'What do you think about these wings?' since you already showed your own opinion/thought.

Tbh, I wish they could bring something else more than just wings. (NOT TAIL PLEASE THOUGH). Or at least better chance to have costumes for everyone.

Sometimes I hate this forum...

And more tails are coming. Devil tails. Eh.

• FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited June 28, 2017
    down with wings. long live tails
    (plus i got a sprite pet for wings. she even gives me defense)
    pawcalypse
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870

at least you don't need to pay for an extra tab to use wings :I...
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085

at least you don't need to pay for an extra tab to use wings :I...

yeah....but i do need to worry about my "wings" getting hungry and biting me.
    pawcalypse
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Ellisya wrote: »

Yea leaving your opinion is not a bad thing. However, whether your intention was good or bad, this post still triggered some people which is a fact.

What doesn't trigger people these days? :(