Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Use Pon to rebirth to an older age

XxSWxXXxSWxX
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
in Feedback and Suggestions
One problem I've been having lately is being unable to rebirth to an older age. I am currently 10 and that means I have to wait 7 weeks to be 17 again...
Perhaps aging up when rebirthing could become available but cost Pon? Or it could be free. :)
  1. Anyone agree with this?8 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (4 votes)
    2. No
       50% (4 votes)

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited June 28, 2017
    I've selected No, for a specific reason.
    The reason being two things:
    Reason 1: 10 Year Old characters actually have lower base stats and increased stat gains so this would accidentally add a pay to win aspect as silly and as minor as it sounds
    Reason 2: The major component of Age was the fact that for a very, very long time the only way you could rebirth for free was by being Age 20 (hence the 3 week wait.) Age no longer makes a difference in that sense, so I don't think you should have to pay ANYTHING to change your age, since age is vastly irrelevant now save for a few items of clothing. I support your idea in terms of being able to increase our age in the same way we can decrease it, but I disagree on the price being Pons.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Or, next time when you rebirth, don't go to age 10? I do believe you can choose what age you want as long as it is not older than your current age. Besides, aging up is already free.

Just have to be patient.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    No. That old system was done away YEARS ago. You just now have to wait a flat week regardless of age before being able rebirth.

I do support the suggestion, but the problem you are describing is no longer a part of current Mabinogi.