Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Would You Want Fix In Mabi

Comments

• OreaienOreaien
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Enchanting %age is horrible
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    this game was ruin the moment aoe pets and reforges were added to the game and now all they do is event and gaches nothing else you cant enjoy the game without paying nexon ruin a good game

the worse part about reforges to me honestly is the fact that the effects reforges give could have just been enchants that could drop from monsters/dungeons and it honestly would have been better because not only would you need to play the game to use/get the enchants they wouldn't be an extra add on to something already making your weapon very strong yeah it might mean more grinding to get them from dungeons/monsters but that would be better then someone just buying a bunch of reforges then again knowing nexon they would just put them in gacha so i guess it wouldn't change too much in the end.

And as for what i would like fixed honestly i wouldn't mind monster cp being fixed it's a little annoying as i determine how much attention i need to pay to the game and what equipment i will put on based on the monsters cp.

Another thing i would like fixed is the displacement when you get hit using puppets it's just annoying and the main reason i don't like using puppets.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    edited June 29, 2017
    better netcode for less lag

fix long standing bugs such as ones with mana crystallization and focused fist

smooth out mounting pets, having to press the r key 15 times because mounting is unresponsive af sucks

instead of making content where pets cant be used, make content that disables their summoning aoe

make reforges not suck, raise odds of rank up and allow players to select a single line to reforge at a time rather then reforging all lines every time

revamp g6, which is the only old mainstream that is yet untouched and had always been the worst

fix rafting, which is nearly unplayable in its current state

nerf exp reward from MA and some sm's to give other content a fair chance at being done more then 2 weeks past release (id also say nerf conflict gold reward, but they just did that, a step in the right direction)

raise success chance on special upgrades, starting at 50% and going down from there is dumb

revamp housing so its actually useful, raise the gold storage cap to something reasonable like 20-40mil instead of just 4mil (so useless)

better pathfinding, I would like to be able to click a location on the map and reasonably expect to get there instead of getting stuck fidgeting against a tree or a wall forever

improve commerce, which is currently boring af, perhaps change how bandits spawn so its at fixed points along the route rather then random semi-avoidable spawns

add some means to obtain reforges in game without buying them thats reasonable (more then just buying from player shops and getting 1 or 2 now and again from events)

make hero skills easier to obtain without buying them so its actually reasonable to do it free, crisis escape in particular is a pretty critical skill to have and is extremely hard to get without buying a hero rb

make iria raid bosses instanced like girgashiy is instead of on a timer that arbitrarily defies itself, sometimes the bosses are so late they dont arrive at all on some ch's

add some form of 100% repairs to the game instead of dumping a bunch of event plat and crystal hammers now and again

add a third weapon set

server transfer service

race change service (I wanna be a giant, but no way in hell am I starting over)

cross server parties

necromancer skills (cause how cool would that be?)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Blortad wrote: »
    better netcode for less lag

fix long standing bugs such as ones with mana crystallization and focused fist

smooth out mounting pets, having to press the r key 15 times because mounting is unresponsive af sucks

instead of making content where pets cant be used, make content that disables their summoning aoe

make reforges not suck, raise odds of rank up and allow players to select a single line to reforge at a time rather then reforging all lines every time

revamp g6, which is the only old mainstream that is yet untouched and had always been the worst

fix rafting, which is nearly unplayable in its current state

nerf exp reward from MA and some sm's to give other content a fair chance at being done more then 2 weeks past release (id also say nerf conflict gold reward, but they just did that, a step in the right direction)
    DUDE NO. Plus they already nerfed conflict, AGAIN.

raise success chance on special upgrades, starting at 50% and going down from there is dumb

revamp housing so its actually useful, raise the gold storage cap to something reasonable like 20-40mil instead of just 4mil (so useless)

better pathfinding, I would like to be able to click a location on the map and reasonably expect to get there instead of getting stuck fidgeting against a tree or a wall forever

improve commerce, which is currently boring af, perhaps change how bandits spawn so its at fixed points along the route rather then random semi-avoidable spawns

add some means to obtain reforges in game without buying them thats reasonable (more then just buying from player shops and getting 1 or 2 now and again from events)

make hero skills easier to obtain without buying them so its actually reasonable to do it free, crisis escape in particular is a pretty critical skill to have and is extremely hard to get without buying a hero rb

make iria raid bosses instanced like girgashiy is instead of on a timer that arbitrarily defies itself, sometimes the bosses are so late they dont arrive at all on some ch's

add some form of 100% repairs to the game instead of dumping a bunch of event plat and crystal hammers now and again

add a third weapon set

server transfer service

race change service (I wanna be a giant, but no way in hell am I starting over)

cross server parties

necromancer skills (cause how cool would that be?)

I agree with everything in bold.
  • tachiorztachiorz
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    Doable things:
    - to improve network latency - implement regional channels (one channel per server physically located in EU (and AU))
    - regional prices per country, steam style (10$ != 10eur D:)

Naive phantasies:
    - remove reforges.
    - fix bugs: elf being stuck in aiming pose, being stuck on teh raft (both due to large latency and skewed positioning)
    - revert moongates to their original state (scheduled warps, daytime only).
  • shintaroshy64shintaroshy64
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Yeah I'm a human and I personally don't like final hit, the whole point of mabinogi is that you have something like 16 talents to choose from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, which is what makes (or should I say made) the game fun, now it's just boiled down to two skills and buying reforges, what's the point?
    AlmostNotsuper
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited June 29, 2017
    .....make the game feel more like g2-g3.

aka when people hung out in Ciar. so it was social, easy to get groups. etc.

stuff developed like pet runs which were fun and gave pets a fun use.

also, i miss the times in a difficult dungeon where we'd sit around a fire to heal up, talk and joke.
    instead of the current "heal fast, heal instantly, whats the point of a fire, speed run"

dungeons were long and hard, but not insta kills. so you wouldnt die in 1-2 hits. but be ground down over time.

people would make coutners like ice-counter. or smash mill. and continue to make new ones to fight opponents.

now though....its "press key and attack non stop. hope you kill them before they kill you cause your not gonna be able to counter them to avoid dmg"

also more content in game, less gancha. was kinda disturbed to see how much new weapons and clothes got added.....for gancha only. and yet little was added to earn in game.

so tldr; make the game less....fast. less instant kill. more long grinding dungeons (remember Baol? back in the day i had to wait 2 weeks to get in a party with people strong enough to do it with me, when we all had 4-6 hours set aside for it. an after we had all gathered potions, feathers, and more, cause no "access anywhere coupons". now.....speed through it in about an hour. no need to spend days gathering supplies. run alone. no need to do it with others)

i could point out the same for g1.....only need to run 1 gem? instead of 4......Tir Na Nog really is abandoned now cause people wont spend much time there at all. in and out. no "worry over durability due to lack of repair options" cause you wont be there long....

the sense of accomplishment i got before from completing the dungeon....wasn't here....it wasn't a challenge. it was in and out. (as for g19 so far.....thats not a challenge. thats "die in 1-2 hits, can't counter, can't defend, can't dodge. skill is 2ndary for just raw dmg output.....)

new content is one thing...but don't ruin old.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You have a chance to get reforges two times a week from Festia.
    I'm not sure if you can do it on every character tho cause if you can its 2 x how many character cards you have.
    You can get Crednes and fine reforges from it.
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    I would fix RP missions. By fix I mean REMOVE them. I made a thread about them recently. No one has yet told me what story telling value they add. They are annoying, frustrating, and poorly put together. I am playing Mabi to play MY FANTASY CHARACTER as advertised by Mabi itself. I didn't come to play some underpowered weakling that is barely equipped to leave their digital houses, let alone fight anything even remotely threatening.

My recent point of frustration is Gen 15 Whiskey is thicker than Water. I wish that the dev that thought up this mission will forever have one sock slide down their leg for the rest of their days.
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    I would fix RP missions. By fix I mean REMOVE them. I made a thread about them recently. No one has yet told me what story telling value they add. They are annoying, frustrating, and poorly put together. I am playing Mabi to play MY FANTASY CHARACTER as advertised by Mabi itself. I didn't come to play some underpowered weakling that is barely equipped to leave their digital houses, let alone fight anything even remotely threatening.

My recent point of frustration is Gen 15 Whiskey is thicker than Water. I wish that the dev that thought up this mission will forever have one sock slide down their leg for the rest of their days.

to be fair. the RP mission for G1 and G2 is actually good. beign story focused and its not underpowered for what they fight.

but havent gotten to G15 so i'll leave that to you. just wanted to say not all RP is bad
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Solution: Git Gud.

JZK6Riq.gif
    AeolysFarseerarenta
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 30, 2017

Your argument on removing all RPs because some of them are bad or really difficult is absolutely irrational. Its like saying "I do not like some politicians, I want all politicians to die". That is such horrible logical reasoning! There are definitely some RPs that are absolutely amazing. Example: G1 Mores, innate chaincasting including fireball. Something we do not have even today.

Everyone is on the same playing field when we play RPs, and we play as that character. Again, I've said it, and everyone else said it in your original discussion, all RP quests are possible to complete.

These characters in RPs are telling us a story, so we play as them. If you are so bent on playing "My Fantasy Life", don't play any generation quest, why are you playing them in the first place? They're filled with story!

A more rational complain would be "Make G8's RPs more easier" and "Remove the G15 Whiskey is thicker than Water, the Monkey Island reference is out of place". Was that so hard?
    Farseerarenta
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited June 30, 2017
    Aeolys wrote: »

Your argument on removing all RPs because some of them are bad or really difficult is absolutely irrational. Its like saying "I do not like some politicians, I want all politicians to die". That is such horrible logical reasoning! There are definitely some RPs that are absolutely amazing. Example: G1 Mores, innate chaincasting including fireball. Something we do not have even today.

Everyone is on the same playing field when we play RPs, and we play as that character. Again, I've said it, and everyone else said it in your original discussion, all RP quests are possible to complete.

These characters in RPs are telling us a story, so we play as them. If you are so bent on playing "My Fantasy Life", don't play any generation quest, why are you playing them in the first place? They're filled with story!

A more rational complain would be "Make G8's RPs more easier" and "Remove the G15 Whiskey is thicker than Water, the Monkey Island reference is out of place". Was that so hard?

I always thought it was useless to go through the dungeons and defeat hardly difficult monsters. It was just tedious to me, especially knowing I wouldn't keep any of the drops and it takes a while. Just give me the cool story or make them more fun somehow. That, and the dungeoning/mission itself can feel kind of shoved in there sometimes.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about all of them. Just most of the ones I've experienced.
    ArchdukeValeCortez
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380

Then tell the damned story without forcing the RP! Was that so hard?

The Shakespeare arc of Romeo and Juliet was a great way to tell a story. That is how to tell a story. I'm still not happy with having to play Romeo but at least he was equipped and had to skill set for his duel. And that RP section was meaningful. Still could have been done with a movie or text like most of the arc.

Maybe have better story telling techniques! Was that so hard?

Maybe not force people to RP as someone else in an NPC defense mission, which the NPC in question is A: Mission Critical, and B: Suicidal. Which is a terrible combination and as far as I know, no one likes the keep the NPC alive missions. So maybe come up with better missions. Was that so hard?

And yes I beat the mission but it required luck for Leeroy Jenkins to get stuck on the terrain so he didn't suicide himself in the middle of the enemy mob. That is bad mission design.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This game is like 15 years old.
    It runs a on custom engine that no one probably even knows how to bloody use anymore.
    They were most likely limited by hardware and whatever ideas they had at the time the game this game.
    People that played back then were most likely kids that have grown up with this game, so their audience wasn't picky.
    They got what they got and they liked what they got. Therefore they followed the same pattern.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115

Then tell the damned story without forcing the RP! Was that so hard?

The Shakespeare arc of Romeo and Juliet was a great way to tell a story. That is how to tell a story. I'm still not happy with having to play Romeo but at least he was equipped and had to skill set for his duel. And that RP section was meaningful. Still could have been done with a movie or text like most of the arc.

Maybe have better story telling techniques! Was that so hard?

Maybe not force people to RP as someone else in an NPC defense mission, which the NPC in question is A: Mission Critical, and B: Suicidal. Which is a terrible combination and as far as I know, no one likes the keep the NPC alive missions. So maybe come up with better missions. Was that so hard?

And yes I beat the mission but it required luck for Leeroy Jenkins to get stuck on the terrain so he didn't suicide himself in the middle of the enemy mob. That is bad mission design.

You just created an oxymoron. You want to remove all RPs but you liked the Romeo RP. Calm yourself down. You never mentioned "make story better", you were ranting and raving about RPs, how much you hate RPs and want them removed from the game. Be more concise with your argument and don't chastise an entire feature of the game because of a few bad eggs.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 1, 2017
    If you want to change something that can't tangibly "fix" the game. Just make your own game B)
  • TsithemaTsithema
    31OCT22 Still having difficulties turning in items to Atrata in Filia for the Plague quest in Apocolypse. I have the armadillo claw, rock scorpion sack, and the red horn cobra skill. She won't take them. HELP!