Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A tip for Soloing Fear Dragons(Mages)

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited June 28, 2017 in General Chat
-Do not use divine link
-Crisis escape
-Lightning rod

After many trials and error this is the method I used to successfully solo past this without dying 2 much. Get that crisis escape duration effect and beef up ur L-Rods. Chip and drop aggro. Rinse and repeat. Once u chip one enuf to around 3-5% move on to the next. Take em all out at once or two then L-Rod the resurrecting dragon b4 it can revive.

Disclaimer: Their Ai is very volatile and can multi-aggro or act randomly sometimes so do keep revival options handy.

bigolimou2.gif

For the most part Crisis should mitigate the multi-aggro situation and cause the other dragons to become idle.

Feel free to add/tweak/offer ur own tips if U've found another way 2 solo easier.

Comments

• GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    I'll keep that in mind and tell my little sister since she hasn't done the dungeon yet.
    Also, is that Shinobu from Love Hina? Looks like it.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Honestly I don't think the dragons' aggro is too bad. You have a wide range to reposition yourself if needed.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You shouldn't be soloing this...

At least bring one other person with you.
    Since the dungeon's bosses' HP should still be halved at a party size of 1~2.
    Greta
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 28, 2017
    No one should solo this, and there doesn't appear to be a reason to.
    Greta
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Beginner is fairly easy to solo. I do Beginner alone all the time cause everyone's asleep or sick of running the dungeon.

Rhey's way is the safer but I normally send my linked Kokopo to one of the sides and Lightning Rod/Firebolt the dragons. Meteor generally one shots the last dragon as well and you have plenty of time to cast it.
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    You shouldn't be soloing this...

At least bring one other person with you.
    Since the dungeon's bosses' HP should still be halved at a party size of 1~2.

Hi i was just wondering if that's confirmed? I've done each of the dungeon solo and twice duo and it seemed like the boss was harder at sorrow int duo vs sorrow adv solo. Haven't tried with other people but read somewhere that it gets harder (maybe just the boss?), so i didn't really bother. Ironically, the dungeons seems to get harder in terms of it being more tedious the more i do it so it might've just been my imagination.

As for the thread itself - Between cool downs of the skills this would make the dungeon way more tedious and time consuming.
    - dance on sneks
    - run to edge when dragons spawn
    - crisis escape if noticed
    step 3 - summon pet and divine link
    - sit pet down and run away from it and let it tank the hits (you should not be getting hit at all). okay i lied might get hit with a stray thunder or fireball so ManaShield and element enchant your gears!
    - firebolt spam the dragon till low hp / kill it if there's more than 2
    - run away and return pet etc. then crisis escape and repeat step 3 onwards to lower other dragon

Ideally you could use a little bit of OP's advice and initiate each fight with a fully charged lightning rod which is something i haven't tried yet and should help a lot(?).

Now if anyone has a guide or tip or glitch on how to prevent the actual boss from crying all the fudgin time. Please do share! Also i read a players comment that using brionac to cut the boss helps? I've tried it once and i couldn't really tell if it did something or not...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If the boss spams that heartbeat skill, I've seen Celestial Spike -> Crisis Escape cause her to stop that.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    If the boss spams that heartbeat skill, I've seen Celestial Spike -> Crisis Escape cause her to stop that.

Honestly that seems to be the easy one to dodge, IMO.
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 29, 2017
    floral fairy can remove debuffs. If u have one. ;)
    Aell
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    If I remember right, can't also the Battle Pegasus remove Debuffs, or is it just poison?
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    regards to the boss spamming the multi spawn aoe + rapid regen during + invulnerability frame if any one has tips on how to stop that then that would be great. Haven't tried the spike and crisis escape yet but if that works then cheers.
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 29, 2017
    SugarAngel wrote: »
    If I remember right, can't also the Battle Pegasus remove Debuffs, or is it just poison?

Only poison sadly. :(
    regards to the boss spamming the multi spawn aoe + rapid regen during + invulnerability frame if any one has tips on how to stop that then that would be great. Haven't tried the spike and crisis escape yet but if that works then cheers.

Archery if U don't have 100% wounds rate without a bow. ;)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Rhey wrote: »
    floral fairy can remove debuffs. If u have one. ;)

Also Pegasus too. :p
  • AshitaAshita
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    When the Boss teleports to the middle, she is more likely to use her aoe spam. If she does use her aoe spam, her animation gives her i-frames. During the animation, depending on if you or your pet has aggro (seeing 2 "!!"):
    1. If you have divine link on pet and has aggro (blue "!!") - Desummon your pet. If Divine Link CD is done, use divine link again on a pet in case Boss aggros you again.
    2. If you have aggro (red "!!") - Crisis escape or Hide (elf).
    Doing this will cancel the aoe spam. Using it after the animation will also prevent her from constant spamming.
    Also be on the look out on who she teleports to. Boss usually teleports to the person/pet that has aggro.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ashita wrote: »
    When the Boss teleports to the middle, she is more likely to use her aoe spam. If she does use her aoe spam, her animation gives her i-frames. During the animation, depending on if you or your pet has aggro (seeing 2 "!!"):
    1. If you have divine link on pet and has aggro (blue "!!") - Desummon your pet. If Divine Link CD is done, use divine link again on a pet in case Boss aggros you again.
    2. If you have aggro (red "!!") - Crisis escape or Hide (elf).
    Doing this will cancel the aoe spam. Using it after the animation will also prevent her from constant spamming.
    Also be on the look out on who she teleports to. Boss usually teleports to the person/pet that has aggro.

Oh i didn't know that it's possible to stop her aoe skills this way! Thank you! :)