Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reforges are like a bad carnival game...

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
in General Chat
It costs you a buck per throw and your odds of winning are about 1%.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh? Finally reforge QQ thread! That's new!
    HarukariXiokunTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Damnit and I didn't start it.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited June 29, 2017
    The best part is, the whales will swallow it all up. No need to harpoon them.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Reforging is such pain....I prefer buying pre-reforged stuff, but I reforged 95% of my gears myself. It's hard to find stuff I need when population is small. It's just my opinion but... I would appreciate it if they add some kind of reforge roll transfer tool.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I wish they would bring back the reforge restoration tools. It would make crednes pretty much obsolete but it'd save so much frustration.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    I just wish we could get another reforge event.
    Crimsọn
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    edited July 1, 2017
    Treasure Box event come back please!!!
    For the sake of god...
    TheNyanCat
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Nearly wrote: »

there kinda is one... pop on an alt and wait 9 hours :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

lg6ZrVv8.jpeg
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Gaea wrote: »

lg6ZrVv8.jpeg

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    They just need to make it as accessible as maplestory's cube system, having reforges dropping every once in awhile from chests from elite missions and dungeons will help close the gap between the play to win and pay to win players. I wouldn't even care if they were inferior versions of the cash shop reforges, it would be much better than nothing in a game where literally anything can be near top tier if you have reforges.
    Aeolys
  • BlortadBlortad
    Exactly, what we need arent occasional events to give reforges, what we need is a permanent in game source of them, the best thing to do would be to handle it like they handled artisan upgrades, they should make reforges obtained easily through gameplay but sell cash shop items that make reforges suck less, someone above mentioned something, idk what that does exactly, but selling an item that could, say, reforge a single targeted line or garentee a rank up or garentee an extra line for around the cost of a decent pet, 10-20 bucks, then possibly either do what another person suggested and drop them from sm's, dungeons, raids, etc, or maybe have dailies give them or have some vendor for them that sells them for less then half a mil each, maybe put them in the adventurer seal shop for like 10 seals each for fine and 20 for credne or something like that, I think itd be reasonable to pay like 20 bucks per rank or line if it was 100%, and u know ppl would be buying the out of those too so they could circumvent a bunch of grinding for the classic ones in game
  • MierinMierin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Eww, no. No no no.
    Cubes are what killed MapleStory, we don't need this reforge trash becoming any more integrated into the game.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Reforges might won't be as bad if we actually have Mysterious Reforges being sold via ducat shops like what KR Mabinogi have...
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Zeo wrote: »
    Reforges might won't be as bad if we actually have Mysterious Reforges being sold via ducat shops like what KR Mabinogi have...

While it might make commerce a little tiny bit more viable, I doubt it would really shift the balance of power much honestly.

Imagine if reforges were never introduced lol that would be an intense mabinogi.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Maia wrote: »
    Zeo wrote: »

While it might make commerce a little tiny bit more viable, I doubt it would really shift the balance of power much honestly.

Imagine if reforges were never introduced lol that would be an intense mabinogi.

Hey, I'm not too fond of the reforges as well and actually wished they never existed in the game but unfortunately it have been part of the game for a long time and they're not going to like... completely erase the reforge part off the game or whatever...

However, I do think adding the mysterious reforge into the ducat shop like what KR Mabinogi have would help make it be bit less pay2win...
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Reforge vs Gachas

Pick your poison
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Blortad wrote: »

You severely underestimate my aim and throwing arm, friendo.
    Mierin wrote: »
    Eww, no. No no no.
    Cubes are what killed MapleStory, we don't need this reforge trash becoming any more integrated into the game.

Cubes are why I left Maple and I know how they've absolutely locked people out of anything worthwhile in that game, but ignoring the reforge-fueled power gap here entirely is not going to fix anything.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Blortad wrote: »

You severely underestimate my aim and throwing arm, friendo..

The thing about Buffaloes is, they walk on their arms as well as their legs. Because of the constant excercise, even the weediest buffaloes have buff arms, like how most people have reasonably muscular legs.

Another problem with reforges which I'm surprised no one has mentioned - they displace enchants with better enhancements, and they come with no cost once obtained (although it is a pain to obtain the ones you want). I kind of like the idea of an alternative type of enhancement that buffs skills directly, but they didn't need to be so potent, even if they had been made available through in-game activities.
  • BlortadBlortad
    If they were made easy to obtain in game that would help justify a nerf to some of the broken nonsense like ele. Part of the solution absolutely needs to be a nerf, but I think their afraid with how pricy it is to buy reforges (via cash or gold) as they are, nerfing them would only make them no longer worth the cost, meaning people would be much less willing to dump 50 bucks into them to get probably nothing.