Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

did Mabi just die?

XxSWxXXxSWxX
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
edited July 1, 2017 in Technical Support
(Mari server)
This is a question about whether or not everyone just experienced a loss of connection.
I just had a wierd loss of connection, the wiki showed all servers as offline for like 30 seconds, but now it appears normal. Can't tell if it's just me or what.

"Error!
Could not get a response from the server. Please try again. (20504)

Please close the application and try again"

the error code changed to something else, which i was trying to copy and paste and now its 999

The game started up! :D

Comments

• FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    oh thank god it isn't just me.

i thought my computer was trying to kill itself
    XxSWxXWolfandWolf
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Same, and I figured it was gonna happen soon. Iv'e had crappy connection status for the past 3-4 days. Seriously I can log on, and be kicked in 10-30 seconds while other times it takes 10-20 mins.

I'm getting close to giving up, and waiting on new servers, because this game is becoming unplayable.
    XxSWxX
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited July 1, 2017
    It's not just the game, it seems like all of Nexon's authentication servers are b0rken. Can't log in on the Nexon launcher, it just sits there busy when I put my details in and never connects.

The wiki's server status gizmo isn't working right either.
    XxSWxX
  • FiregilFiregil
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited July 1, 2017
    Happening to me too, alexina. Now i'm stuck at the launcher. For a little bit it was asking for a redemption code of all things, but after reloading the launcher a few times the Play button is finally back. Every time I click it, the little circle of "I'm trying!" appears, time passes, it goes away and nothing happens. Not sure what's goin on.

The "redeem" button friggin' confused the heck out of me. I didn't even know this game was available on steam, why would you need a redemption key it's friggin free.
  • JunanJunan
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Ugh, thank goodness it isn't just me. This just happened right at the start of a grandmaster mission...
  • XxSWxXXxSWxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Thanks lol. The wiki shows as if nobody is on the servers even though the servers are online.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Seems like it might be affecting everyone. Guess we'll have to wait until it gets fixed...hopefully...
    WolfandWolf
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Tarlach player here, also disconnected.

Just like Firegil, I can press the play button on my launcher, but nothing ever comes out of it.

And a little before banquet too....
    Junan wrote: »
    Ugh, thank goodness it isn't just me. This just happened right at the start of a grandmaster mission...

we celebrating that it not just us.

while the server seems to be melting down. irony =D

giphy.gif
    Junan
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    same problem on Alexina as well. the game just lagged and froze then lost connection and can't reconnect. I am a play through steam and got the same error message you did.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Mari Server here. Crashed now I'm getting some sort of error with the launcher
  • JunanJunan
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited July 1, 2017
    A bit of extra info, I get a different error code than OP, which is listed as 20399; not sure if that means anything.
    Junan wrote: »

we celebrating that it not just us.

while the server seems to be melting down. irony =D

giphy.gif

Ahahaha, I noticed that afterwards. :D
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Well at least it's nice to know it wasn't just on my end.

I was about to do something in-game, so at least it didn't wait until I was in the middle of it. :S
  • FiregilFiregil
    edited July 1, 2017
    Just got an error code, 20397. Guess we're all getting different ones. Ah well, clearly not an issue on the user end at this point so nothin' to do but let it work itself out.

Hopefully nexonNA has techies at the office on saturday evenings though.
  • notjerlnotjerl
    Mabinogi Rep: 585
    I'm getting "Couldn't understand the response message from servers. (32512)".
    i'm not getting anything.

i literally click to start mabi. and nothing happens. like its in some que to start
  • FiregilFiregil
    Request: If anyone gets in, post here. The launcher is acting like its on windows 95, so repeatedly trying is a hassle. Would be nice to have an update here so I know to give it a go.
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    same.
    worst time for this too.

maybe they'll actually fix something this time? (ya right)
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Let's just hope there's someone working tech support on weekends, or nobody's playing tonight.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    everyone jokes about the game dieing but.. now I'm sad QmQ